Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Yuna Only Challenge - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/569/t1272704-yuna-only-challenge/

Author:   Lulufan1979
Date:   Nov 30, 08 at 5:22pm (PST)
Subject:   Yuna Only Challenge
-------------------------------------------
I just recently started a Yuna Only Challenge, right now I'm at Guadosalam. In the fight with Sin's fin on the SS Liki I ended up having to use Lulu and Wakka to finish him off cuz Valefor got decimated. It was quite annoying, however I was able to beat the Sinspawn during Operation Mi'ihen easily using an Overdrive each from Valefor and Ifrit, kinda screwy.

Now what I'm wondering is even though it's a Yuna Only Challenge is if it would not be true to the challenge if I used Rikku to steal so I have items to customize good weapons and armor for Yuna?

Author:   Tidus Strife
Date:   Nov 30, 08 at 5:25pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Yuna Only Challenge
You already blew the Yuna Only challenge when you used Wakka and Lulu.

Date:   Dec 02, 08 at 5:23pm (PST)
Yea but I had no other way to get rid of the fin since the Sinscales killed Valefor. If Yuna was able to have Black Magic at that point yea I could've used her, but sadly she doesn't.

Author:   Jabba Overkill
Date:   Dec 02, 08 at 9:13pm (PST)
The point of the challenge is to find a way...If every time you find it hard to win with Yuna only, u use another character then there is no point in continuing...

Author:   Mcilrath
Date:   Dec 03, 08 at 1:27pm (PST)
quote Tidus Strife
You already blew the Yuna Only challenge when you used Wakka and Lulu.
This is only technically true. Since Yuna has no way to attack Sin aside from via Valefor OR Holy, you are allowed to use other characters. Otherwise, Tidus Only would be impossible.

Now, since Valefor died, it is techinically LF's fault for not GSing and then using 2 Energy Rays/Blasts (the Sinscale's don't get enough ticks to use enough Spines to kill Val), which is why I said technically.

As for the question at hand, Customise can be done even when Rikku is NOT in the team (proof: Via Purifico), so that's a lame-ass rule uber-purists (I call them nutcases <_<) like to say is a forced rule when it's more optional than Anima, Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters.

Date:   Dec 03, 08 at 6:44pm (PST)
Yea I used two Energy Rays but it still didn't kill the fin which made me like "What the...." Then as I was using black magic with Valefor he got killed when there was only like 100 HP left to the fin which was really horrible.

Date:   Dec 03, 08 at 10:20pm (PST)
If the difference in HP is that small, try training Yuna a bit more...Valefor's damage will eventually increase...

Date:   Dec 04, 08 at 4:16pm (PST)
Okay another question: What would be the best way to defeat the first form of Seymour with Yuna since he kills the aeons after they get a chance to use their overdrive, and after defeating Anima his HP is back up to 6000. I haven't gotten the chance to get Yuna to Rikki's grid in order to get Use plus I have no items that inflict poison.

Date:   Dec 05, 08 at 1:34am (PST)
the first form has Banish? that would be very tough...You really cannot get through the boss battles with Aeon's only...you really need to learn sth like lancet, or a lvl 1 black spell...I really doubt you can get Yuna's strenght high enough to be a threat at this point...

Date:   Dec 05, 08 at 2:26am (PST)
^ I've managed it. It was boring as hell, but I did it anyway.

quote Lulufan1979
Okay another question: What would be the best way to defeat the first form of Seymour with Yuna since he kills the aeons after they get a chance to use their overdrive, and after defeating Anima his HP is back up to 6000. I haven't gotten the chance to get Yuna to Rikki's grid in order to get Use plus I have no items that inflict poison.
You can handle Anima with only Valefor right? My prefered strat, is to Summon(1) an elemental aeon, use it's OD. In the unlikely event that is survives, it'll get healed by Seymour's GA elemental spell. Rinse and repeat til he dies. Should only take 2 aeons... alternatively, you could just grind for Reflect and let him kill himself. He doesn't have Shell after you dispatch Anima.

(1) Grand Summon iff you know you can survive one spell cycle.

Author:   BigAnjoe
Date:   Dec 05, 08 at 3:25am (PST)
Since she doesn't have any Black Magic and low attack, I guess you'll just have to normally attack and heal constantly.

But aren't there some parts in the game where you can't use Yuna?

Date:   Dec 05, 08 at 11:20am (PST)
Yeah... those are excluded from the challenge...There are fights like the one with Biran and Ronso in Mt. Gagazet where only Khimari can participate....you can't screw the challenge because of that...

Date:   Dec 05, 08 at 12:32pm (PST)
Well, at least they still have to be done NSG so it's not entirely challengeless at least.

Date:   Dec 05, 08 at 5:48pm (PST)
I guess my aeons are stronger than I thought. Since Yuna's agility is the highest she was first and I figured "Might as well sacrifice Valefor first." but his OD did 9999 so it killed the gaurdians, and he summoned Anima. I brought in Shiva, destroyed Anima, and Seymour killed Shiva with his spells. At Yuna's next turn I brought in Ifrit and his OD did the same as Valefor's so Seymour was overkilled.

The fun thing is going to be fighting Evrae with seriously underleveled characters lol.

Date:   Dec 05, 08 at 5:50pm (PST)
If you haven't done a NSG game before, it might be a little hard. But when in doubt, use an NSG guide. There's only like 12 of the things floating around >_>

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.