Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Game Freezes After Beating Clay - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56685/t1788353-game-freezes-after-beating-clay/

Author:   EliteBeatDivas
Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 3:45pm (PST)
Subject:   Game Freezes After Beating Clay
-------------------------------------------
When I beat Clay at the Driftveil City Gym, I am given the fifth badge. But when I walk out the building, Clay talks to my trainer regarding the Pokémon World Championships before the game freezes. What made the game freeze at this point is when Clay walks away, then I look south. I press random buttons and nothing is done. I cannot access the menu or reset the game to the title screen (L+R+Start+Select).

I cannot progress through the whole game anymore because of this irritating bug. Can someone please help me?

Author:   Kyle-Pokemon-Master
Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 12:30pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Game Freezes After Beating Clay
Try doing something else before you defeat him like catching a pokemon or another trainer, then try beating him after.

Author:   sampunas123
Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 1:28pm (PST)
Your game is faulty. The best thing to do now is take the game back to the store and ask for a new one.

Author:   Phi
Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 3:05pm (PST)
    Where did you get it?

Author:   EliteBeatDivas
Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 8:58pm (PST)
Never mind. All I had to do was beat that pastor/minister near the church in a Pokémon battle, then get past the dialogues until I hear my rival say that he is going to challenge the gym leader.

After I beat him, both Clay and my rival talk about getting five badges before the PWT stuff. Now the game is working for me, since I found what's wrong.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.