Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Why didn't Koga appear in PWT? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56685/t1788256-didn-koga-appear-in-pwt/

Author:   sampunas123
Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 12:12pm (PST)
Subject:   Why didn't Koga appear in PWT?
-------------------------------------------
This question has been bugging me for ages and I decided to post it here and maybe find the answer. So why didn't he appear in PWT? He's a part of E4 now, but in PWT former gym leaders and Champions like: Giovanni, Lenora, Brycen, the Trio, Blue, Steven amd Adler all participate, so why didn't he?

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 12:30pm (PST)
I suppose it's only because he's a current member of Kanto/Johto's Elite Four, and no other Elite Four members showed up in the tournament.

Author:   Kyle-Pokemon-Master
Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 12:28pm (PST)
quote sampunas123
This question has been bugging me for ages and I decided to post it here and maybe find the answer. So why didn't he appear in PWT? He's a part of E4 now, but in PWT former gym leaders and Champions like: Giovanni, Lenora, Brycen, the Trio, Blue, Steven amd Adler all participate, so why didn't he?
How could it be bugging you for ages? The game hasnt been out that long, not even the Japan ver. LOL

Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 12:46pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Why didn't Koga appear in PWT?
quote Kyle-Pokemon-Master
quote sampunas123
How could it be bugging you for ages? The game hasnt been out that long, not even the Japan ver. LOL
5 months is a while for me, OK?

Eiche
But he's a former Leader so he's allowed to participate. For example Blue is a gym leader, but he participates along Champions because he once was one.

Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 12:48pm (PST)
OK! just giving ya a hard time. I think id would be nice if they added another room for elite four members that werent in the other tournaments. Like an add on after you beat all the other regions

Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 12:55pm (PST)
Huh. I dunno then, haha. I had no idea Blue participated in the Champion's tournament.

Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 1:20pm (PST)
OK! just giving ya a hard time. I think id would be nice if they added another room for elite four members that werent in the other tournaments. Like an add on after you beat all the other regions
I thought about it as well. They're way better than gym leaders, but they don't get any roles in the games

quote Eiche
Huh. I dunno then, haha. I had no idea Blue participated in the Champion's tournament.
Used to think the same thing until playing the Champions tournament.

Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 1:33pm (PST)
Wait, my original point still kinda stands. Koga is still a member of the E4, none of which showed up at all. Only explanation I can see tbh.

Author:   Phi
Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 3:04pm (PST)
    GameFreak are pirates.

Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 8:55pm (PST)
quote Phi
    GameFreak are pirates.

Why do you say?

Author:   Zombie_Barioth
Date:   Nov 07, 12 at 11:08pm (PST)
quote Phi
    GameFreak are pirates.

Why do you say?
Pirates vs. ninjas.

I agree with Eiche on this one, Koga is still currently an active member of the elite four of Kanto/Jhoto, while everyone who appears are either current/former gym leaders or were former champions at one point. Nobody from the various elite fours participate either, too bad since Koga is one of my favorite characters. Elite four members don't seem to be allowed to just take off like the champions do, probably because they get way more challengers and few get past them.

What I'd like to know is why is Bianca in the Unova and World Leader tournaments since shes only Juniper's assistant, Cynthia gets a pass for technically being defeated by the player in gen IV. Couldn't they just have stuck a miscellaneous group in for characters who don't fit in the other categories?

Author:   RegalBryant
Date:   Nov 08, 12 at 4:48am (PST)
What I want to know is why they didn't include the E4. They're better than all the gym leaders, so they don't get to be in the tournament of all the best trainers?

Author:   Phi
Date:   Nov 08, 12 at 4:38pm (PST)

Author:   Zombie_Barioth
Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 1:00am (PST)
There are enough people for each region to havre its own tourney, but there are only four elite four per region so that wouldn't work. Maybe there wasn't enough room for a whole new tourney?

What I'd like to know is why Red gets to pass on a technicality for being champion, but Koga doesn't get to pass on a technicality for being a gym leader? Maybe Gamefreak have a thing for the strong silent type?

Author:   Vast
Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 7:08am (PST)
They'll probably have an E4 Tour download eventually.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.