Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: "I'm on the road to... Floccesy Town?" - page 24

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56685/t1771641-im-on-road-to-floccesy-town/24.htm

Author:   Kanon
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 5:08pm (PST)
Subject:   re: "I'm on the road to... Floccesy Town?"
-------------------------------------------
Oh yeah that's totally the one I kept, I was just lamenting how wonderful it would be if the useless attack had to the 4 instead of Sp.Def.

Catching them wasn't a problem, I used a Master Ball. It's there to be used afterall.

Author:   PapaStrong
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 5:14pm (PST)
Subject:   "I'm on the road to... Floccesy Town?"
Decided to restart both black and white 2. Gonna go through with all grass types (White 2) and all water types (Black 2)

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 5:47pm (PST)
quote Newman_Vin
Time for some training for bravairy (and i need a nickname for him), and then its on to becoming champion.
Inb4 someone definitely not Midnight suggests Marven.

Right now, I'm exploring around Unova still, going through all the places that you couldn't go to pre-E4. Then I'll do Black Tower.
Darmanitan is ridiculous. Even when it was at like level 40 it was taking out things in their 60s easily in one hit. xD

Author:   Newman_Vin
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 5:48pm (PST)
pssssh, master ball...saves a lot of time lol.

you think i should name my Bravairy, Marven?
I was thinking about "Classic Roc" or "War"

EDIT
Caught a brave rufflet to join my team!
I already had a brave rufflet, but it was in a quick ball, and i always like my team pokes to be in regular poke balls.. I got lucky after a few rufflets, i caught a Brave natured one, and it has the sheer force ability. i think my other one had keen eye. I know brave isnt optimal because of the speed drop, but i'd say its very fitting.
Also settled on War being his nickname.

I'm still missing 2 pokes for my dex, being zekrom and reshiram...still cant get them from the GTS.

EDIT2
still can't get those two legends, but i have beaten the E4, beaten N, got the white stone, and some other things.

Author:   Midnight
Date:   Nov 04, 12 at 12:32am (PST)
You should of have called your Bravairy Marven. ;-;

I beat Marlon and my team is now:

Amsey (Ampharos) - lvl 53
Bumi (Sawsbuck) - lvl 53
Squiggles (Dewgong) - lvl 50
Fang (Krookodile) - lvl 52
Zuzu (Arcanine) - lvl 52

I spent a very long time training Squiggles. She was so behind the levels. >:
I named her after squiggle bath btw. :3

Date:   Nov 04, 12 at 6:17am (PST)
got zekrom and reshiram from the GTS finally! looks like cinccino is a popular pokemon since that's what i offered both times.
so thats 270 owned out of 270 unova seen. now just 30 more lol.

Is there some reference to Marven that i am not getting? i dont even know who that is lol?
EDIT:
Nigel?

Author:   Phi
Date:   Nov 04, 12 at 3:40pm (PST)
    Just reached Driftveil. ^^ My team is:

Frillish (Yue)
    Stunfisk (Toph)
    Pignite (Flameo)
    Sigilyph (Valkyrie)
    Maractus (Eden)
    Dwebble (Coco)

All are level 30.

Author:   sampunas123
Date:   Nov 05, 12 at 6:50am (PST)
In the end I got the US copy of this game when I realised that Europe still doesn't have a Genesect event or any other for that matter. It's White 2 because they sold out all Black 2 versions. I've got it on the 21st and I've beaten E4 at the 2nd of November.

The game was fairly easy for me though. I explored all places and battled all trainers I could see and in the end I got really overleveled. I had a team of 60s by the time I reached Pokemon League.

I've reached all cities of Unova and now currently exploring Route 18. I paricipated in PWT quite alot, too and reached the Champions with only in-game Pokemon.

So, here's my team:

Samurott Lv 73
Electabuzz Lv 73
Arcanine Lv 72
Lucario Lv 72
Flygon Lv73
Gliscor Lv 72

Date:   Nov 05, 12 at 1:51pm (PST)
quote sampunas123
I paricipated in PWT quite alot, too and reached the Champions with only in-game Pokemon.

did you get to beat the champions? I find that i always fail on the final battle against the tourney champ.

My progress so far:
downloaded the senior world tournament and reached the champion. but he really had no trouble beating me, despite him messing up one turn (his cresselia used helping hand while his metagross used protect lol), but on the following turn he destroyed me, even through my reflect screen, by using a meteor mash with the helping hand boost. OHKO at full health and everything. o well.

still exploring stuff. went to clay's tunnel, got lost, got to twist mountain, got lost, found random regigigas and i think some sort of regi chamber, then got lost again right before finding the fossil person and getting a skull fossil (have to visit him today too). then i somehow wound up outside, so i just flew the heck out of there before i got lost again...at least i know how to get to the fossil guy again...i think

Date:   Nov 05, 12 at 6:35pm (PST)
Newman_Vin
I didn't. I always lose to one of them in the first match

Edit: I'm surprised how much trouble are people having against gym leaders in PWT. Although World Leaders wasn't the easiest.

Author:   Kanon
Date:   Nov 05, 12 at 7:38pm (PST)
The only trouble I have at PWT is that incompetent idiot Red losing every damn match, so I can't face him.

Eventually gave up and began the Subway grind.

Author:   Lesley Pro_04
Date:   Nov 05, 12 at 10:55pm (PST)
A long road this game has been for me. Used Riolu's Counter to help me win the first gym, while defense, Psyduck's Confusion and using the Steel-Type Magnemite helped get me through the second.

I picked Tepig as my starter, turned out to be female. The last time that happened for me (to my recollection) was the female Bayleef that I snagged in Pokemon Colosseum. But the pick of Tepig was a good one, especially for the third gym. Also used other Fire, Flying, and Rock-Types for that Gym.

The way I went is that I trained a variety of different Pokemon for each Gym. For Elesa's Gym, I put the focus on Ground-based attacks, using the move Smackdown from Onix to ground her Emolga, leaving it vulnerable to getting hit with Dig. This was also around the time in which I would use a Drilbur in my party; it had evolved into Excadrill by the time I battled Clay.

Electric-and-Rock types were my focus in Skyla's gym, but I would also have Excadrill on hand for each gym battle going forward. Also used a Gigalith obtained in an In-Game Trade on Route 7. Fraxure and Excadrill came up huge in my battle against Drayden; in the last gym I switched my starter for a Pokemon that could better deal with Water-Types.

I would beat the Elite Four and Champion using the following team, ranging in levels from 55 to 60: Golduck, Magnezone, Emboar, Haxorus, Lucario and Excadrill. It's hard to deny how powerful Excadrill is, even if it doesn't use the Sand Veil Ability. And Hydreigon didn't cause any problems against Ghetsis: just used Magnezone's Thunder Wave then swept it with Flash Cannon (I still recall how much trouble that it caused me when I played through Pokemon Black).

Right now, I've just gone past the three battles against the Shadow Triad in Icirrus City. Mangezone stopped their Bisharp from using Guillotine as a result of its Sturdy Ability, which really helped me win all three battles straight. I need to do some more training because opponents are getting tougher.

Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 8:54am (PST)
quote Kanon
The only trouble I have at PWT is that incompetent idiot Red losing every damn match, so I can't face him.

Eventually gave up and began the Subway grind.

I imported my EV'ed pokes and trashed the Champions now. I won the tournament 6 times now. Too bad it gives BP the same way as World leaders which are alot easier.

Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 5:44pm (PST)
beat the unova and kanto leaders tourney.

Whats the deal with the Nimbasa city ferris wheel people? they're either sweating like race horses or having babies and things...I wonder what the winter and spring people will say? Maybe the winter person is going to be sick and will be sneezing all over you while the spring person has allergies or some nonsense. Nintendo made all of these awkward on purpose right? it just continues all year round with different scenarios lol?

Author:   Zombie_Barioth
Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 8:00pm (PST)
Getting ready to take on the elite four. Currently my team is-

Lucario(Volnutt)
Arcanine(Hayate)
Gliscor(Fiona)
Eelectross(Lust)
Jellicent(not sure, thinking Pringles)

Working on their movesets and picking the final memeber. Was going to run a nasty plot set on Lucario but I missed out on it and hes timid(+speed -attack) so I'm stuck. Thinking about either Hydriegon, Crobat, or another poison type but that darn ground weakness keeps getting in the way.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.