Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: A Third Black/White Game - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56685/t1741618-third-black-white-game/

Author:   ThisName
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 11:49am (PST)
Subject:   A Third Black/White Game
-------------------------------------------
I realize that it's really early to start asking this, but does anyone think that there will be a Pokemon Black/White 3 or a Pokemon Grey?

The only reason I think of this is because it is now a confirmed fact that Kyurem, Reshiram, and Zekrom were one dragon in the past. (Drayden tells the legend) Yet we only have a combination of two of the dragons, not all of them at once. And it's also confirmed that there is no completed dragon sprite in BW 2's game code, so if this complete dragon exists then it isn't in BW 2. So could there be another game coming that would have the complete dragon?

I personally think this is farfetched, but before I buy either Black 2 or White 2 I'd rather see if there's still another game on the way. What do you all think?

Author:   Phi
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 12:01pm (PST)
Subject:   re: A Third Black/White Game
    I don't think there will be. In a segment of Iwata Asks, they said there was the two of them only because there wasn't enough time to fit everything into one game.

Author:   ThisName
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 12:09pm (PST)
quote Phi
    I don't think there will be. In a segment of Iwata Asks, they said there was the two of them only because there wasn't enough time to fit everything into one game.

Two games, or two Kyurem combinations?

Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 12:21pm (PST)
    Two games.

Author:   sampunas123
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 12:37pm (PST)
It would be boring to travel through Unova for the 3rd time. I'd rather take a Hoenn remake.

Author:   weirdalrulez
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 6:17pm (PST)
Yeah, I mean, I know this generation is a reboot and they're trying new things, but I doubt they'd use the same region three times in a row.
I think they probably will do a Hoenn remake, though.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 6:58pm (PST)
I don't see how they could change Unova enough once again to warrant a third game/s really.

Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 4:51am (PST)
quote squiggle bath
I don't see how they could change Unova enough once again to warrant a third game/s really.
    All the ice in Unova melts and now you're travelling around the Orange Islands. :3

Author:   LloydToS
Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 5:23am (PST)
quote Phi
quote squiggle bath
    All the ice in Unova melts and now you're travelling around the Orange Islands. :3

I think that would qualify as milking a cash cow to be honest. I think BW2 are interesting but a third installment would kind of overdo it for me at least. So far BW2 seem to warrent enough new things for me to get it eventually, a third game in the same region in the same generation wouldn't do it for me.

Author:   Castlewars
Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 7:47am (PST)
No.

Four is enough. Making six main series games is asking for too much, if you ask me.

Author:   sampunas123
Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 9:18am (PST)
quote Castlewars
No.

Four is enough. Making six main series games is asking for too much, if you ask me.

What if we travel to Hoenn in B/W3?

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 9:31am (PST)
I like the idea of perhaps making an Unova trilogy, but I doubt it would happen. People would moan and complain that there is no new region or no new Pokémon and that that Generation V is now boring blah blah. Just like Reggie said earlier today, gamers are insatiable. While the idea may seem pleasing, they'll always be wanting more. While not necessarily a bad thing, I do think it inhibits the industry somewhat, especially with a franchise as large as Pokémon where a trilogy would be entirely possible.

Author:   Castlewars
Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 7:52am (PST)
quote sampunas123
What if we travel to Hoenn in B/W3?
Then it would become something like MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire.

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 9:15am (PST)
It's unlikely, but I would like a Grey/Gray sequel to have a unified dragon.

I just don't see how they could expand on it more. Maybe as a Platinum or Emerald kind of deal to B/W2 (where only a few things change), but otherwise I dunno.

Maybe we'll get the legendary Dragon in a later game as an event legend like Genesect, as a whole new Pokémon.

Heck, we got the master of Kanto's bird trio a gen later (Lugia/Ho-oh don't remember which) iirc, and Regigigas for the regis a gen later, so there's a slim chance there.

Author:   Insanity Prevails
Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 9:43am (PST)
I hope not. I'm hyped about the Western releases of these games, but I think a third trip through Unova would be a bit much. But yeah, having a final fusion of all three in a later installment would be alright.

quote ump45master
Heck, we got the master of Kanto's bird trio a gen later (Lugia/Ho-oh don't remember which) iirc.
Lugia apparently. Which surprises me as I never thought there was any kind of connection, though I don't think the reference ever came up in the core RPGs.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.