Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Japanese Game Owner's Discussion - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56685/t1741009-japanese-game-owners-discussion/

Author:   Phi
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 4:25am (PST)
Subject:   Japanese Game Owner's Discussion
-------------------------------------------
    As per request, this thread is a place where those who own the Japanese version can discuss their play through with one another in a spoilered environment. ^^

I realised the game isn't out in Japan yet but I'm making it while I still remember. x3

Author:   Vast
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 9:58am (PST)
Subject:   re: Japanese Game Owner's Discussion
Phi
When I get my Japanese games I was planning to do a blog in PokFiction. Would you like me to post it here as well?

Author:   Castlewars
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 11:51am (PST)
quote Vast
Phi
When I get my Japanese games I was planning to do a blog in PokFiction. Would you like me to post it here as well?

And the only Japanese word that you know is "sayonara" so how will you know where to go while being hindered by Japanese?

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 11:53am (PST)
Do a blind run, it isn't that hard tbh.

Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 11:54am (PST)
quote ump45master
Do a blind run, it isn't that hard tbh.
Well, the only thing that Vast can do is go and run for a strategy guide, which is what I do with all my games Gen 4 onward.

Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 11:54am (PST)
quote Castlewars
quote Vast
Phi

And the only Japanese word that you know is "sayonara" so how will you know where to go while being hindered by Japanese?
I know more than one word. xD
It shouldn't be that hard.

Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 11:56am (PST)
quote Vast

I know for a fact that you will get hit by words you don't know.

And by the way, why did you once say all you knew was "sayonara" and then you're going on to say this?

Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 12:04pm (PST)
quote Castlewars
quote Vast

I know for a fact that you will get hit by words you don't know.

And by the way, why did you once say all you knew was "sayonara" and then you're going on to say this?

Of course I will. I normally ner read the text anyways thoug. :3

I remember you saying "I doubt you even know one word in Japanese" so I only told you one word.

Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 12:05pm (PST)
quote Vast
Of course I will. I normally ner read the text anyways thoug. :3

I remember you saying "I doubt you even know one word in Japanese" so I only told you one word.

Well, you will have to get a Japanese dictionary and Babelfish every time you try and play these games.

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 12:25pm (PST)
I've played Heart Gold in Japanese illegally, it seriously isn't hard. Moves are easy to recognize, Pokémon are always a surprise, it's like asking to shift without telling the Pokémon.

As for staryline, yeah he may get stuck but there are probably already Japanese at the end of the game, won't be long before online guides and walkthroughs come out. I'm sure someone will have translated it by then, or use some translate page feature.

Author:   Phi
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 1:39pm (PST)
quote Vast
Phi

If you want to you can post it here too. ^^ When Castlewars isn't sticking his nose into your business, it's what the thread is really for.

Author:   sampunas123
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 2:01pm (PST)
Castlewars , blind run isn't that hard. That's how I used to play pokemon as a child because I only knew a few basic words in English. I would play Japanese versions of the games too, but I wouldn't understand a thing in the story and playing the english version after you beat the Jap one just to know the story is stupid and since as much as I want to explore the new Unova I want to know what happened to N and all the others. I really hope that they realese it at the end of Summer because school starts at September 1st and I wont be having so much free time.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 3:25pm (PST)
I remember playing Pokémon Black blindly and with no knowledge on how to read Japanese. That's probably a little harder than playing the sequel. It was an all new generation with new moves, new Pokémon, completely new region, new characters and plot points I wouldn't have had a hope in hell understanding. I still enjoyed my playthrough of it, but it took away the surprise of everything when it was finally released over here.

I'm going to wait until the EU release of the game this time, so the bigger this thread gets, the less I'm going to pay attention to it.

Author:   Geo
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 4:12pm (PST)
An awesome number of legendaries available in the game. Totally a must buy now!

Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 4:26pm (PST)
quote Geo
An awesome number of legendaries available in the game. Totally a must buy now!
You just want to RNG them.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.