Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Off-Topic GD II: The Final Episode (Let's Change the Channel) - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56685/t1737399-off-topic-gd-ii-final-episode-lets-change-channel/8.htm

Author:   Icekickseverything
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 8:40pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Off-Topic GD II: The Final Episode (Let's Change the Channel)
-------------------------------------------
At Karis getting owned by Whelan.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 8:48pm (PST)
quote ump45master
Chaos Team
"Zelda HD," a new Mario Kart, Smash Bros (Universe, I think), and maybe like a Metroid or main series Mario game. Or a Mario Party if it gets good again, haha.

Wait wait wait. You said new Mario Kart. Tell me more pls. 8D
Am wanting new SSB also.

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 9:12pm (PST)
Pretty sure they didn't announce any of those....

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 10:03pm (PST)
quote Icekickseverything
Pretty sure they didn't announce any of those....
Well why wouldn't they have any of those?

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 10:07pm (PST)
Cause Nintendo are trying to impress 5 year old girls with Sing, then the actual people who watch E3.

Gotenks

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 10:16pm (PST)
...What? Your sentences make no sense. :<

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 10:20pm (PST)
squiggle bath
It wasn't confirmed, but it's a game that has been on every home console since the SNES.

Same for the others, except the N64.

Also, new underlines under usernames when tagged. No me gusta.

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 10:22pm (PST)
ump45master Neo has been known to change between putting lines and not putting lines under links. It's confusing. D:

Though right now it seems to be putting lines under ALL links, which I've never seen happen before. This may be a bug? If not, it looks terrible.

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 10:23pm (PST)
It makes perfect sense considering they didn't announce any of those games.

Nintendo were too busy trying to get attention from a different market group then the hardcore gamers that actually watch E3.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 10:57pm (PST)
quote Chaos Team
...What? Your sentences make no sense. :<
I thought it made perfect sense tbh. :L

And I see ump45master. They should announce a new one though really. 8D

Author:   Zombie_Barioth
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 1:35am (PST)
quote Icekickseverything
It makes perfect sense considering they didn't announce any of those games
You do realize that while what you said is true it would only make sense if we were actually talking about what games were announced and not the likelihood of seeing them released at some point, right?

Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 1:47am (PST)
I was talking about them not being announced because such games as Sing were.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 10:19am (PST)
quote Chaos Team
Well why wouldn't they have any of those?
Easy.

Development for Smash Brothers just started back in March. They have nothing to show off. Mario Kart 7 came out back in November and so did Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Unless they had planned to show off a Majoras Mask 3D game, then what's the point of announcing a new LoZ game after only 8 months of the previous one? That's way to soon. Same with Mario Kart. Know what they should of announced? Star Fox. F-Zero. Or Even a new Donkey Kong game. We got a new Wario game coming to the Wii U but F-Zero hasn't seen a new game since the Gamecube and fans are asking for one. F-Zero Wii U could be a great game with the GamePad. Star Fox as well. Those games would really help the Wii U and they're something we haven't seen in years so it would give us a change.

I find the idea of two New Super Mario games coming out so close together is a terrible idea. They should of made New Super Mario U a whole new Mario game. Maybe one that can really show off what the Wii U can do and get more people interested in the Wii U. I understand the games are different from one another but we really don't need two of them in one year.

Icekickseverything statement from a bit earlier is a bit silly and him and I discussed this through PM. Sing made up what? 5% of the conference? It wasn't a huge deal but it attracted female gamers and some of the younger audience who may of been watching. One of my friends was watching the conference and she was excited for it while all of my guy friends groaned at the idea of such a game being made and having to put up with it if they ever hung out with a girl with the game.

And yeah Ice, they kind of did try to attract hardcore gamers but they didn't do a great job. They announced a bunch of third party games but they are games that have been out for a while on other consoles. I really don't see Arkham City selling a ton of copies on the Wii U because that game will have been out for a year now. Mass Effect 3 may fare better but it won't be a ton. ZombiU could help them a lot but that's if it stays Wii U exclusive which it may not. Assassins Creed III could help them as well but that depends on the buyer and how long they have to wait for the Wii U version. The game comes out October 30th iirc on every other console so either the Wii U should launch October 28th(Nintendo launches their stuff on Sunday) and give Wii U owners the game two days earlier or they should release the system or on November 4th. Then again Christmas is around the corner and it would be a great present.

Long story short, Nintendo had a big opportunity with their conference to blow people out of the water and they didn't. They're an easy third place for me out of the five conferences with Ubisoft and Sony outbeating them because they had more games I was excited for.

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 9:32pm (PST)
Pfft, E3 stuff. That was like, last week. Lolol

I'm afraid to post anywhere else cuz I'm kinda tipsy lol

Feel free to ignore this post. p

Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 10:02pm (PST)
Ump45master, opposite for me, I'm too lazy to read that as I'm too hungover. ;_;

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.