Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Planned Your Teams Yet? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56685/t1719475-planned-your-teams-yet/

Author:   Heibai
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 5:46pm (PST)
Subject:   Planned Your Teams Yet?
-------------------------------------------
I am one of those people who plans far in advance. I planned my Pokemon Black and White teams about 6 months before it came out in the US.

I also had a Pokemon Gra/ey team planned, but you know....

I also just finished planning my Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 teams...

Some of the Pokemon from my Pokemon Black team have been reused due to the fact that I never completed Pokemon Black. Plus, all my Pokemon from White reached level 100, so no reusing for them!

Also made a template for you guys (it's simple, yet effective)!

Have you guys thought about it yet?

This message was edited on 2012-03-04T17:55:47-08:00.

Author:   Majestic Shadow
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 6:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Planned Your Teams Yet?
Mine bor B2 will probaly be:

Serperior,Zoroark, Eelecktross and I don't know about the rest....

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 11:31am (PST)
Dear lord...already? xD

It hasn't even been confirmed yet that it'll be the same Unova-only pokemon game, or have some other pokemon in it, or take place in a completely different region, or whatever.

Either way, my team usually just makes itself as I go along in the game. xD

Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 1:12pm (PST)
quote Chaos Team

It hasn't even been confirmed yet that it'll be the same Unova-only pokemon game, or have some other pokemon in it, or take place in a completely different region, or whatever.

I know, but I do this for every game. For Diamond and Pearl, I used only Sinnoh Pokemon on my team. HG and SS, I only used Johto Pokemon. So on these games, I'm only using Unova Pokemon.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 2:09pm (PST)
The only Pokemon I have planned for my team are starting with a Tepig and getting a Haxorus eventually.

Author:   Tyranitar1
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 2:12pm (PST)
I'm going to see how far I can get with Fire and Ice.
So Darmanitan and Beartic.

Author:   XigbarII02
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 2:15pm (PST)
Mines would probably be Snivy, Cubchoo, Panpour, and then 3 others, probably traded early on. Maybe Golett, Reshiram or Larvesta, and a random, probably a dragon type. Pretty much the same as my White playthrough team.

Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 2:32pm (PST)
I try not to use the same Pokemon twice. Or legendareies. The only reason I have some of the Pokemon from my Black team in my Black/White 2 teams is because I didn't ever finish Black. :3

Author:   Kanon
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 3:56pm (PST)
I've had a Mono-bug run planned for quite some time. I never actually got a solid team sorted.

Galvantula is a definite because it's pretty much the coolest Gen 5 Pokémon, Accelgor is a definite not because it's *bleep*ing terrible.
Volcarona I'm very on the fence about for more than obvious reasons. I've considered dragging a Larvesta around for the entire game and then trading it to White1 for a little grind up before the E4.

And then the other 5 would be.

Leavanny, Scolipede, Crustle, Escavalier, Durant.

Crustle is defiantly in due to it's type fighting off most of Bugs weaknesses. And one of the Steel Types would be good for that last weakness. Both Escav and Durant are half decent, Bug/Steel is no joke of a type either and is seriously worth considering doubling up on.

Which means I either go for Leavanny and Scolipede, both 'avarage', or go for just one and drag a Larvesta around all game.

And of course, if old mons are added to the dex my options are liable to expand some.

Hell, I'm not even sure how I'm going to do it, I may catch them in White2(Which would remove Durant from anything resembling viable), I may breed them in White1 and trade all over at the start, I may trade them over at the point I could acquire them in game, I think I'll actually go for trading over two at the start, and then add one for each Gym I beat.

tl;dr: Probably Leavanny, Scolipede, Crustle, Escaviler, Galvantula, Durant.

Author:   Phi
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 4:08pm (PST)
    I've had this planned for quite a while. It's the Pokemon I would have liked to use but couldn't due to liking others more.

Emboar
    Maractus
    Stunfisk
    Sigilyph
    Jellicent
    Crustle

Stunfisk and Crustle are iffy though and might be replaced with Sandile/Excadrill.

Whelan, your team makes me feel sick.

Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 5:19pm (PST)
Disillusioned, I'm going to be honest with you. I used Krookodile in my Pokemon Black and Excadrill in Pokemon White. I personally found my Excadrill (now Lvl. 100) to be much more reliable.

I do like their appearances equally though, and that is usually what I base my teams on, not power. So if you were to choose between one or the other, I'd go with Excadrill.

Author:   Phi
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 5:22pm (PST)
    Sonic Rush, thanks. ^^ Any suggestions what I should replace it with?

Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 5:31pm (PST)
Well Disillusioned, if you're a person like me who absolutely CAN'T have two Pokemon sharing a type, Stunfisk would be the one to go (due to its Ground typing).

However, as lame as this sounds, I would kick out the one that you like the least. If it's Excadrill that you like the least out of the Pokemon you picked, then don't add him at all. It is solely up to you.

I go off of appearance. Pokemon that are strong but I don't like their appearance (Slaking, Magmortar, etc.) are automaticaly crossed off the list. That's why Pokemon like Sawsbuck are on my team. I just love him!

Author:   Zoroark
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 5:45pm (PST)
Zoroark, Excadrill. Anything else, really. That's all I need. <3

Author:   timeshine
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 6:11pm (PST)
Once the changes to the routes are released (assuming they change the pokemon you encounter which they usually do) I will plan out my team. The only thing I have decided on so far which will most likely stay the same unless they do some major change is emboar and simisage.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.