Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56685/t1718199-requests-feedback-suggestions/2.htm

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 9:50pm (PST)
Subject:   re: ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions
-------------------------------------------
Oh haha, forums got merged. Prefered it when they were separate tbh.

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 10:40pm (PST)
quote Dragoon
^This. Wtf? You're going to change them to a merged forum just because of one thread where it seemed like most people were for the 2 forum idea. It's just not the same feeling with 1 merged forum...especially since it seems like no one up in the administration really had a good plan as to how to merge the forums yet.

Eh, this is a shame.

And just another thing, after a quick look at the rules, is the no swearing rule really that necessary?
Most people on these forums are either in or past their teenage years, or don't care about swearing. And when I say most I mean like 99%. I know I slip a few words every now and then, nothing extreme, obviously, but I will be very disappointed in the moderation if I receive a ban notice for saying "damn," or something harmless along those lines, in one post out of my 12,000+. I don't see this rule on any other Pokemon forum, just maybe as an implied rule to not go too crazy, and I think most people know what to do there. This is just kinda ridiculous, imo.

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 10:44pm (PST)
quote Dragoon
Oh haha, forums got merged. Prefered it when they were separate tbh. :(
This. :/

I mean, it makes sense, but still...

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 10:47pm (PST)
Seems better that they're merged not gonna lie.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 10:57pm (PST)
quote Chaos Team
And just another thing, after a quick look at the rules, is the no swearing rule really that necessary?
Most people on these forums are either in or past their teenage years, or don't care about swearing. And when I say most I mean like 99%. I know I slip a few words every now and then, nothing extreme, obviously, but I will be very disappointed in the moderation if I receive a ban notice for saying "damn," or something harmless along those lines, in one post out of my 12,000+. I don't see this rule on any other Pokemon forum, just maybe as an implied rule to not go too crazy, and I think most people know what to do there. This is just kinda ridiculous, imo.
You need to set the rules to suit the demographic of the forum, we can't assume everyone is 16+ in a 3+/E rated game. If people can't construct a sentence without swearing it says something about the person as a whole, really. =P

Author:   Shadow The HedgehogX
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 11:56pm (PST)
No offense but Chaos Team is correct. The forums shouldn't be mered. That is a fact.

I might go crazy if these forums don't Un-merge.... seriously

Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 12:42am (PST)
quote Dragoon
quote Chaos Team
You need to set the rules to suit the demographic of the forum, we can't assume everyone is 16+ in a 3+/E rated game. If people can't construct a sentence without swearing it says something about the person as a whole, really. =P
Not at all what I said, if you read what is in...y'know, that thing you quoted. Obviously a rule cutting down on cursing could and should be implemented, because I totally see where you guys are coming from with the "younger audience" idea; but a rule should not be here not one where, taking the rules word-for-word as they are stated now, one slip of a curse word, accidental or not, could constitute a ban?

I'll gladly participate in cutting downon cursing (which I don't do much of, anyway). I just don't want to be under a constant "Big Brother is Watching You" kind of aura.

Oh and on the merge topic: It does make sense to merge, in a lot of ways; I just would have liked to have seen it not change from the two separate forum idea. I'm usually stagnant when it comes to change. xD

CTedit: And the forum theme sucks.
Needs moar Black/White, or default...or options?

Author:   Geo
Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 12:58am (PST)
At the moment, we won't see the effects of a merged forum because the game has not been released. As such, talks about the separate versions won't surface.

The current situation where there are only discussions of speculations and whatnot definitely fits a merged forum. We'll have to see after the games are released if this still applies.

Having foresight or not? Not up to me to decide.

Author:   Grimdark
Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 1:03am (PST)
Wanted to mention that
ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions - Page 2
in Pokémon Black 2
profile wiki discussion board
Black 2 needs to be changed.

Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 1:17am (PST)
quote DC Sniper
Wanted to mention that
ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions - Page 2
in Pokémon Black 2
profile wiki discussion board
Black 2 needs to be changed.
A lot of things still need to be changed. How the header still says Black 2, for example. Have patience, mah boy.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 2:01am (PST)
iirc it's stuff that Red is working on. So be patient on that part.

I don't see no problem with having the two forums merged. The White 2 forum would of died out much quicker anyways. Not to mention most people are gonna be posting in Black 2 because it was the more active forum. I'm buying White 2 but I was posting more in Black 2. So having them merged is fine with me. Bigger community as well.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 2:09am (PST)
Mm, idk if I agree with the merge. But I guess I can see the benefits of it in the long run.

Author:   Zoroark
Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 3:34am (PST)
I'm cool with the merge. Surprised me in a good way.

Author:   Origin
Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 4:20am (PST)
quote Chaos Team
quote Dragoon
^This. Wtf? You're going to change them to a merged forum just because of one thread where it seemed like most people were for the 2 forum idea. It's just not the same feeling with 1 merged forum...especially since it seems like no one up in the administration really had a good plan as to how to merge the forums yet.

Eh, this is a shame.

Sure, right now there may be a majority of members who are older, but there are young members. As this forum picks up in popularity, and the release comes closer, a lot of new members will join up, many who are younger. The content and discussion within the forum is about the games, and reflects the games rating. Also, why would you need to swear in here anyway? Neo's rules prohibit it, there's words that are censored out, and it's simply unnecessary. I'm not going to go crazy over anything minor, but if there is inappropriate content and language it will be deleted.

Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 5:27am (PST)
quote Origin
Neo's rules prohibit it, there's words that are censored out, and it's simply unnecessary.
Where?

And don't tell me in the sitewide rules, because it's not there.

I really, and I mean really don't want to get off to a bad start in this forum over a matter as trivial as this :/ ...but I don't see what a few accidental slips of curse words could cause unless they're direct flaming to others.
And you said there are words censored out already, which I know about and totally agree with the fact that they should be censored. I just don't see how this could be so much of an issue unless people can't have a sentence without a slew of unnecessary swearing, but usually those people are taken care of without a silly rule such as this put in place for those who don't intend any harm... .-.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.