Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions - page 10

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56685/t1718199-requests-feedback-suggestions/10.htm

Author:   Castlewars
Date:   Jul 06, 12 at 9:52am (PST)
Subject:   re: ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions
-------------------------------------------
Insanity Prevails, clearing the cache won't help.

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Jul 06, 12 at 10:11am (PST)
The website works but the actual css files do not, hence why it isn't working

edit: the water and grass ones work

Author:   Insanity Prevails
Date:   Jul 06, 12 at 10:22am (PST)
Just to be clear, have you guys literally emptied your browser caches? Not just Ctrl + F5ing it. I mean going into the browser settings and emptying the browser cache from there.

All the CSS files are still there so it shouldn't be a case of some selectively working. I'm just assuming your browser cache is hanging onto the old layout.

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Jul 06, 12 at 11:41am (PST)
All themes work for me in desktop mode. Thinking it may be a problem on your guys' end.

Author:   Emberguard
Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 3:06am (PST)
they're all working for me on google chrome. Took a little waiting for some to appear as I've never used them before, but no more then minute. Now it loads straight away =D

quote Insanity Prevails
All the CSS files are still there so it shouldn't be a case of some selectively working
That reminds me of when my IT class was learning dreamweaver, it would selectively work all the time. Real pain to work with. Wouldn't work for no reason whatsoever for a while for some of the students and then one day it decided to work even though nothing was different. Then it went back to not working a few days later. Every lesson was a battle just to get dreamweaver working.

and then there's flash, that also is buggy. I can have my file perfectly fixed, as soon as I open it the next day it's mixed and matched all my bone pieces, or made them disappear >:

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 3:37am (PST)
Ha, it actually started working just after I last posted, I just never got round to editing my post. :[

Author:   Castlewars
Date:   Jul 10, 12 at 7:53am (PST)
Phi

You know the thread about the Neoseeker Pokeforums, right? Why don't you caption it "Expand your horizons with the Pokemon community!"?

Author:   Phi
Date:   Jul 11, 12 at 7:45am (PST)
    Thanks for reminding me about it.

Author:   Kanon
Date:   Jul 14, 12 at 2:56pm (PST)
So hey I saw someone complaining about yet another pointless pre-release thread being bumped and suggesting Guests just be not allowed to post in Pokémon forums.

Frankly that's a great idea, we get so many, SO MANY worthless threads bumped by guests who probably found their way here via Google and are too stupid to realise they're pre-release speculation. I, at least, think we'd be better off without them.

So how's about blocking the damn things?

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Jul 14, 12 at 3:28pm (PST)
They're not things. :c

No but really, it's not like this is a lounge or something that should be members only. Sure guests are annoying for bumping and whatnot, but regular members that are just noobs do that too sometimes. There's no reason to ban guests alltogether, I think.

Author:   Phi
Date:   Jul 16, 12 at 3:38pm (PST)
    I should check this more.
    I don't know what ump45master's opinions are but I'm not going to make this forum members only. I just think it deters people. It's okay for Lounges because they're harder to run but we can do just fine here without restrictions.

Date:   Jul 16, 12 at 4:05pm (PST)
I'm not for a member only thing tbh.

Author:   Emberguard
Date:   Jul 19, 12 at 6:29am (PST)
a member only thing would give us less activity as a whole. A lot of people post as guests and after a while of posting as guests they decide to become members simply because they've been posting for a while, if it was member only then those that might have become future members may decide not to bother posting at all

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 3:44am (PST)
Unless it's a massive problem (ie guests making spam and nonsensical posts all the time) then it should remain open to everybody.

Also, why are threads closed at 30 pages in here but not in PokéLounge and General Pokémon, since that "rule" no longer needs to be endorsed? It confuses me.

Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 4:41am (PST)
quote Dragoon
Also, why are threads closed at 30 pages in here but not in PokéLounge and General Pokémon, since that "rule" no longer needs to be endorsed? It confuses me.
That's only the GD really.
I kinda brought it over as 'tradition' from the old GD in Black (though that was following the old 30 page limit as well), always thought it was fun to get to name the next GD at 30 pages or whatever. Phi was okay with it when I started the second thread, so it just continued from there, I guess.
Other threads can go on a lot longer for all I care, haha.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.