Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56685/t1718199-requests-feedback-suggestions/

Author:   Origin
Date:   Feb 27, 12 at 3:56am (PST)
Subject:   ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions
-------------------------------------------

This thread is basically a mod's corner, so if anyone has a question, suggestion, feedback, or anything else they can post it in this thread and the forum moderator will be able to get back to you as soon as possible.

If there's something you wish to discuss in private, please PM the forum moderator.

Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 8:56am (PST)
Subject:   re: ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions
Hey guys, so I'm going to be the temporary forum moderator for these two forums for a month, just to watch over the place and set up some foundations for the forum. However, as I'm already the catmod, the tag is so newer members can easily recognize a moderator and know who to approach. There's just a couple of things that have come up already that I thought I'd address here.

Firstly, we're not even thinking about looking for moderators for either of the forums any time soon. Once this first month is over, I'll go back to being the catmod, and will still be looking after the forum. Several members have already expressed a desire to be the moderator for the forum, and it's only been a couple of days since the forum was created!

Also, there's been a stack of requests for game and contests threads. People seem really keen to be the ones who get to create the threads. Calm down guys! Over the course of this forums life, there's going to be tons of versions of the same contest/game, and there won't just be the one member creating them so we can all take turns with it.

On the note of these game/contests threads, I've been largely turning them down at the moment. Once again, the forums really new and shiny, and while there's the initial honeymoon period now we're everyone is interested and there's a lot of speculation, these types of threads aren't needed yet. When it calms down a bit I'll chuck up a general discussion thread, and further down the track we'll look at the usual contests.

As usual, any questions/feedback is welcome.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 9:14am (PST)
Might I suggest perhaps a separate thread for the rules for now to ensure people know they exist by a recognisable title in which they know the rules will be there to ensure the basis of the forums are founded as quickly as possible? (:

Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 9:24am (PST)
Well to be perfectly honest, I've always found rules threads to be redundant. More often than not, members who break the rules often do so in full awareness of what they're doing. And new members who aren't aware of the rules rarely read the thread anyway, if they couldn't be bothered to read the site rules upon signing up. I really only chucked them up here as a reference point for clarification, as when members break the rules they get sent an explanation of the issue in a PM.

Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 9:25am (PST)
Aye, that's fair enough.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 10:00am (PST)
Not sure if my suggestion was seen earlier in the Official News Thread, but might that thread be stickied? So that it's easier for people to navigate. ^-^

Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 10:09am (PST)
I actually think the existence of the News Thread is pretty redundant, it's a central hub for news that is already being posted in separate threads in the forum, where it gets more discussion value than from a post in a thread. Perhaps a link in the header linking to the thread detailing the latest news?

I'm not the moderator though so the decision lies to Origin, but that's my thoughts on it.

Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 10:27am (PST)
I'm going to agree with Dragoon on that one, plus often a stickied thread won't get as much activity as an unstickied one, and if it doesn't people can still find it through the header.

One sec!

Edit; Hmm, what do you guys think about separating the news, and speculation thread?

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 11:30am (PST)
I'd like a seperate speculation thread, might seperate the real news from the several pages of interpretations and thoughts. If you get where I'm going with that, anyway haha.

Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 11:35am (PST)
Ehh I still think any speculation/rumor should get their own thread and utilise the tagging system. Organisation to the extreme.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 11:49am (PST)
Yeah, I'd say separate them tbh. Otherwise some people may not be able to tell the difference of what's fact and what's fiction. :L

Author:   Geo
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 2:50pm (PST)
I agree on the News Thread. News are better off posted as individual threads rather than disappearing into a "News Thread".

As for "Official Speculation Thread", it won't matter if there is such a thread really. People will still ignore the thread and post their own thoughts on the games, without realizing that their thoughts indeed qualify as speculations. xD

That being said, having "Official Speculation Thread" won't hurt for those who contribute on/read it often.

Just my 2cents.

Author:   Tf916
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 3:28pm (PST)
My bad about adding that Speculation title to the news thread, it seemed like a good idea but now looking at it... Wasn't. :o

Author:   Geo
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 3:33pm (PST)
Tf916
The wonders of the Edit button can still be applied. It's not too late.

Author:   Tf916
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 3:35pm (PST)
Nothing to see there then...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.