Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Where would you want ACIV to be set? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56508/t1821602-would-you-want-aciv-to-set/

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 7:39am (PST)
Subject:   Where would you want ACIV to be set?
-------------------------------------------
Title. Where would you want ACIV to be set?

Personally I'd love china as a setting, the culture there would be real awesome. There was a rumor a while back that it would be set there as well.

If it is, I hope we play as the young girl who sought out Ezio in Assassins Creed Embers. Pretty sure she was Chinese.

Whatever they do, I hope they get rid of the animus. I don't give a shit if my ancestor didn't kill civilians, they shouldn't get in my *bleep*ing way should they.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 7:55am (PST)
Subject:   re: Where would you want ACIV to be set?
China or Russia I think would be pretty good settings for Assassin's Creed IV. Although there are a lot of strong hints toward a China setting on the Assassin's Creed IV Facebook page.

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 9:47am (PST)
This is the girl i hope we play as if it's set in China:

Author:   Jet Odessa
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 7:30am (PST)
yeah, China, Russia or Egypt would be quite cool, and, imho, I think it is about time we have a female assassin as main character.

Author:   Talos
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 8:17am (PST)
Hmm, well Russia sounds like fun, but sooner or later we are gonna get into the modern times with suppressed pistols, and snipers and stuff. It would be cool to see what they could do with an assassin from the 21st century. But chronologically, the American Civil War would be cool.

Author:   Jet Odessa
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 8:53am (PST)
I don't know about a 21st century assassin's game setting. one of the things that attracted me to the games were the historical setting and the lack of guns, appart from the ones in AC:R and III. having modern guns in an AC game would make it too much like any other modern shooter out there. imho, it would loose a lot.

Author:   big_davey_b
Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 6:00am (PST)
Storyline wise, I like the idea of setting it in Victorian England. The opportunity to include characters like Jack The Ripper, I think could make for some very good tales. But my big concern is that London was quite a visually uninspiring place in those days. And one of my biggest complaints with AC3 was that revolutionary America, just wasn't as pretty as Renaissance Italy. So I'd be worried that Victorian London would suffer from the same problems.

Author:   Dreadlock Holiday
Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 7:30pm (PST)
Egypt would definitely be a good setting for ACIV. So far AC has gotten it right for all the games that have come out, so whatever they pick will be awesome.

Author:   Jimmy007
Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 4:18am (PST)
Ireland (._. ) ( ._.)

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 11:19am (PST)
Seeing the story progress and having desmond in the regular time, don't mind it being set in the present.

Otherwise I think India would be a good place, China or feudal Japan.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.