Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Creed: Forum Guidelines - page 1
reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56508/t1744877-creed-forum-guidelines/
Date: Jul 10, 12 at 10:47am (PST)
Subject: The Creed: Forum Guidelines
Assassin's Creed III Forum Guidelines
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed III
forum. In order to provide an environment suited for everyone it's essential to lay down some ground rules for you all, so we can all enjoy the forum together. Please read this rules and make sure you understand them before posting in the forum.
- Spamming - Spamming is essentially making a thread or post unrelated to the forum. One line posts also fall into this category. Try to be constructive in the way that you post. These types of post often clutter the forum unnecessarily making it hard for those looking for help to navigate their way throughout the forum. Posting for the sake of posting and for no other reason than to increase your post count also constitutes as spamming.
- Flaming - Flaming is the act of abusing another member. It's as simple as that. If you have an issue with another member contact the forum moderator immediately or take it to PM. It's better they are contacted rather than the situation spiral out of control. Alternatively use the function beneath their post. Debating is perfectly fine but there is a definite line between flaming someone personally and disagreeing with their views respectfully.
- Double Posting - Double posting is a common mistake made by members no matter how long they've been a part of the site. But there really isn't any need for it. If you have something else to add to the conversation simply edit your previous post.
- Bypassing - This is a zero tolerance policy. If you have been banned from the forum it was with good cause. If you have a problem with a ban contact the forum moderator and discuss it civilly. Flaming the moderator in question won't help your causes in having the ban lifted. All moderators and admins can see if a user is using another account to bypass a ban, and doing so will only mean you come off a lot worse and often resulting in more severe punishment. Is it really worth it?
- Advertising - Neoseeker does not allow advertising of another site in the forums. If you want to make a website, blog, forum, etc more known then you can make good use of your Profile.
- Memberating - If you see someone breaking the rules of the forum don't try and take it into your own hands, that's what the forum moderator is for. If you see an infraction simply make use of the aforementioned button and the forum moderator will deal with it. If you feel the report function isn't suitable you can always PM me.
- Tag threads - While not compulsory, I'd urge you all to try and tag them appropriate, specifically using the prefix tagging feature this forum has. It allows us to organise discussion and allows easier navigation when searching for answers / threads in the forums. However, if your thread doesn't fall under the prefix tags available don't worry about it, or suggest one is made in the forum RFS thread.
- 30 Page Limit - Or lackof. Please do not make new threads at 30 pages. While this rule was heavily endorsed back on neoseeker in years gone by, this no longer needs to be the case. I'm perfectly comfortable with threads going on into 50 pages is the discussion allows for it. Any threads being made because the predecessor has reached ~30 pages will be closed or deleted.
- Embedding videos - Videos such as Lets Plays or commentaries are allowed in the forum, as long as users remember to embed the video. If you're posting a video then please remember to do so or risk having your thread deleted. If you don't know how to embed a video simply copy the numbers and letters after the v= in the URL and placing it inside the [yt][/yt] tags.
20/7/2012: Added 30 page rule - Dragoon
26/8/2012: Added LOD-squa as 360 Category Moderator - Dragoon
27/10/2012: Added Dragoon as Wii U Section Moderator - Dragoon
15/1/2013: Added embedding videos rule & Removed EricF as Section Moderator (360) - Dragoon
19/3/2013: Added Aura as 360 section moderator, removed Lorx as PC Category Moderator, added SF as Wii U Category Moderator- Dragoon
11/4/2013: Removed myself as local moderator following requested demotion. Thanks guys <3 - Dragoon
Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2013.
All Rights Reserved.