Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: (spoiler) If Tatyana is not Eva then who is? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/5649/t581391-spoiler-if-tatyana-not-eva-who/

Author:   MAD_DOG86
Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 3:38am (PST)
Subject:   (spoiler) If Tatyana is not Eva then who is?
-------------------------------------------
you learn at the end of the game that tanya is not eva. she says that both people who defected were guys, so who the hell is eva? And if ocelot is adam then he defected only 4 years ago, how did he become the ocelot leader so quickly? ocelot's name is adamska shalashaska hence adam but why is the second person eva not eve unless his name is something related to eva.

Author:   Machienzo
Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 3:40am (PST)
Subject:   re: (spoiler) If Tatyana is not Eva then who is?
They said that the person who defected with Adam was a man. So why did the man have a girls name? Wierd...
Eva, the name of a man, who would want to be called that, unless hes gay... (No offence to those gay people out there...)

Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 3:43am (PST)
thats what i said why is it adam and eva not eve? i mean they didnt make a play of words to make it adam and eve cuz ocelots real name is adam so is the somebody with eva as a part of his name? is so who do you think it could be?

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 3:44am (PST)
quote MAD_DOG86
you learn at the end of the game that tanya is not eva. she says that both people who defected were guys, so who the hell is eva? And if ocelot is adam then he defected only 4 years ago, how did he become the ocelot leader so quickly? ocelot's name is adamska shalashaska hence adam but why is the second person eva not eve unless his name is something related to eva.

Acyually, no.
there are many faults in you question.

### WARNING SPOILERS###!!!!!!!!!

1.Eva's real name is Cynthia and she works for the chinese.
she was born in an american orphanige and was chosen by the chinese to go undercover for them in the future.
2.Ocelots real name is Adamska.
he is not called Shalashaska until later on during the mgs time line where he fights in a batle andf is victorious and earns the name shalashaska.

There you go!

And a Snake for you!

Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 3:49am (PST)
dont remeber much about mgs 1 but i do know that in two he is referred to as shalashaka and when he introduce himself in the final movie of the tanker he calls himself shalashaska too so i dunno. but i dont remeber hearing anybody call eva cynthia.

Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 3:56am (PST)
so who do you think is the second guy who defected?

Author:   Aerotrunks
Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 5:07am (PST)
The real Eva is unknown and not too important.

My question is why didn't Ocelot try to contact Snake?
It was his mission to meet with him, so why didn't he?

Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 7:06am (PST)
Ocelot probably tried to contact snake but when he arrived he found the gru soldiers and eva. adam knows who eva is so he knew it wasnt the real eva on the bike.

Author:   Ijiero
Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 8:28am (PST)
quote MAD_DOG86
thats what i said why is it adam and eva not eve? i mean they didnt make a play of words to make it adam and eve cuz ocelots real name is adam so is the somebody with eva as a part of his name? is so who do you think it could be?
I believe to know what you mean. Let me tell you that only in America (maybe england) it's Adam and Eve, everywhere else in the world it says Adam and Eva in the bible, so obviously, seeing Konami is Japanese, they'd be using 'Eva' and not 'Eve'.

Anyway, You might consider the fact that Eva is Raikov. As someone said, he wouldn't be using a girl's name unless he was gay...

Author:   GMP Wolf
Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 11:05am (PST)
someone else who believes the Raikov thing

Author:   Subzer0
Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 11:14am (PST)
I doubt that it was Raikov. Raikov is Russian and the two code breakers are both American. Ocelot is half American so the other one must have been dead or something.

Author:   7 Dragon
Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 11:23am (PST)
quote Ijiero
quote MAD_DOG86
I believe to know what you mean. Let me tell you that only in America (maybe england) it's Adam and Eve, everywhere else in the world it says Adam and Eva in the bible, so obviously, seeing Konami is Japanese, they'd be using 'Eva' and not 'Eve'.

Anyway, You might consider the fact that Eva is Raikov. As someone said, he wouldn't be using a girl's name unless he was gay...
Not only that, It could be just a code name of some sort. The name Eva has other meanings I think. He's not gay... (I hope..)

Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 12:10pm (PST)
there are two possible reasons for the name eva.
1) its taken from the guys name, like adam from adamska, although i dont know anyone in the game who has anything at all to do with the name eva.
2) the us goverment codenamed the two operatives adam and eva, and its just by chance that adam's name is reallyadam, but thats a very slim chance.

so who do you suppose eva really is? i dont think hideo would have made the game without defining who eva is. or would he?

Author:   El Bastarde
Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 12:31pm (PST)
quote Aerotrunks

My question is why didn't Ocelot try to contact Snake?
It was his mission to meet with him, so why didn't he?
Who said he didn't? Remember, Ocelot (aka ADAM) DID show up at the site. It's not like the real ADAM shirked on his duty. Ocelot WAS a spy. Obviously the fake EVA showed up screwed it all up...perhaps if it hadn't, then it would have been Ocelot who would have helped Snake infiltrate the base, especially since he works for the CIA.

And you all wonder why a guy would have a name like EVA? Well, have you noticed that EVA's name is ALWAYS in caps throughout this game? This implied, at least to me, that it's some sort of code name or maybe an acronym for something else. If it was just a person's name then it'd be strange to always capitalize it.

And yes...I asked the same question early on this board but no one knew. Who IS the real EVA? It's never even hinted at. You'd think Ocelot would know.

Stevo

Author:   Gizmoi1234
Date:   Aug 30, 05 at 3:55pm (PST)
quote El Bastarde
And you all wonder why a guy would have a name like EVA? Well, have you noticed that EVA's name is ALWAYS in caps throughout this game? This implied, at least to me, that it's some sort of code name or maybe an acronym for something else. If it was just a person's name then it'd be strange to always capitalize it.

Stevo
I noticed that too and wondered what it stood for

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.