Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: October NPD Number Crunch: No Halloween treats for industry hit with 25 percent sales decline - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/70225/t1789798-october-npd-number-crunch-no-halloween-treats-for-industry-hit-with-25-percent-sales-decline/

Author:   leochan
Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 12:23pm (PST)
Subject:   October NPD Number Crunch: No Halloween treats for industry hit with 25 percent sales decline
-------------------------------------------
[[news:21366]]

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 12:50pm (PST)
Subject:   October NPD Number Crunch: No Halloween treats for industry hit with 25 percent sales decline
Is it me, or is it completely weird that NBA is over the Pokemon games? Where the release dates that far apart or is Pokemon going downhill?

Author:   Polarity
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 10:52pm (PST)
Subject:   re: October NPD Number Crunch: No Halloween treats for industry hit with 25 percent sales decline
quote LOD-squa
Is it me, or is it completely weird that NBA is over the Pokemon games? Where the release dates that far apart or is Pokemon going downhill?
I find it more disheartening that Resident Evil 6 is wedged right between them. It may not help that there are two different (yet very similar) Pokemon games.

*shrug* October was very disappointing.

Author:   THM
Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 5:51am (PST)
Subject:   re: October NPD Number Crunch: No Halloween treats for industry hit with 25 percent sales decline
At least Resident Evil 6 reached the 2nd position

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 6:59am (PST)
quote LOD-squa
I think its a combination of this being the "third version" for this generation of game and the fact that NPD breaks version into their own SKUs. Last I saw BW2 was selling in line with what Platinum did, which is the most similar comparison to draw.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 10:04am (PST)
bbb7002004 - I guess that would make sense since one version would sell more than the other. I want to see the numbers a new generation pokemon game would score on the next handheld.

quote Polarity
quote LOD-squa
I find it more disheartening that Resident Evil 6 is wedged right between them. It may not help that there are two different (yet very similar) Pokemon games.

RE6 came out early in the month didn't it? I'm glad to see it sold well though.

Author:   Lukas
Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 7:20pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
RE6 came out early in the month didn't it?
Very early. 2nd (or 4th in non-Japanese countries) to be exact.

quote Polarity
just because you didn't like Dishonored.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.