Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Weather - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56443/t1719365-weather/

Author:   Snow Ball
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 12:27am (PST)
Subject:   The Weather
-------------------------------------------
Right now, it's already March and we haven't gotten a lot of snow this winter for some reason. I always found it pretty weird that I normally don't enjoy winter but still like getting a lot of snow, at least until spring begins. Also, the bright side of getting enough snow on a weekday is that we don't have to go to school, which I like. But the reason why I don't like winter, or even late fall and early spring sometimes, is because I often can't stand being outside in temperatures below 30 degrees. I'm normally a summer person because I like to be outside when it's warm so I can hang out and do stuff. I also like it best when it's between 80-89 degrees, which is reasonably warm but not too hot.

Anyway, what time of year do you like best in terms of climate and why? Also, what type of weather conditions and temperatures do you have in your area depending on where you live?

Note - I know my username is pretty ironic for this reason, although it's completely irrelevant to how I actually feel.

LOD: Added tags.

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 12:36am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Weather
I used to love the winter time, then I got a car. I despise wiping (or sometimes shoveling) snow off of my car, having to let it heat up, and then driving in bad conditions. Snow isn't so bad when I don't have to be at work or school, but I'm glad it only snowed 2/3 times this winter. Plus I get cold very easily.

My favorite time of the year is summer. I love everything about it. No classes, warm weather, shorts, flip flops, the beach, concerts, my friends who go to college hours and hours away come home, vacation - ahhh I'm getting excited just thinking about it. ._.

Author:   Scarchelli
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 12:39am (PST)
Yep, summer is the best. Best parties, warm weather, no class. Shoveling snow and wiping chunks of ice of your car is the absolute worst. As are the drivers who drive as if they've never driven in snow, yet I'm pretty sure I'm not the only driving on the road who has experienced snow...

Author:   Dynamite
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 12:55am (PST)
quote Scarchelli
Shoveling snow and wiping chunks of ice of your car is the absolute worst. As are the drivers who drive as if they've never driven in snow....
^ this... several times over.

I honestly hate it when I have to go out and the car is frozen or whatever. Takes ages to clear and is the last thing you want in the morning. I hear ya regarding drivers also. People drive stupidly at the best of times; they only ever seem to get worse in poor conditions.

When I lived in Italy, summer days were often 110+ degrees and it was just ridiculously hot and humid. This is just way too much to be outside for any extended period of time and I didn't find it particularly enjoyable. I'd much rather the spring or autumn because it's kinda cooler. Autumn is particularly pretty actually as we have a pine forest near our place and it's very nicely decorated with leaves during that time!

When I'm in the UK I prefer the summer. Summers here aren't that hot usually, you might be lucky to get 86 degrees on occasions. After Italy I consider this fairly mild and enjoyable.

Author:   XxSkelterXx
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 1:05am (PST)
I hate summer with a passion. I think it has to do with the fact that I was born and raised in a tropical island ( Puerto Rico) in which the temperature never goes below 78 degrees... Heat all day long!! I hate it.

Author:   Scarchelli
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 1:12am (PST)
Yeah, I could see that. It can be too much when it's super hot outside, but for me, summer is perfect. It's rarely too hot for too many days in Chicago. Since that's the case, summer is my favorite. If I lived in Miami, I probably wouldn't like summer the best. Spring is always nice, like early May. At least for me, since I get to get a taste of the niceness to come.

I'm going to Las Vegas in June and it's going to be horribly hot and dry outside, but oh well. I'm sure three days won't matter too much. That's another thing; if you like the heat (summer), do you prefer dry heat or moist heat?

Author:   Endless Ages
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 1:39am (PST)
Winter was always the worst season for me. Whenever it happens, I'm always the one outside shoveling the sidewalk outside and the driveway of the house. It's never fun, especially knowing that your neighbor just sits inside all day and doesn't even offer to help shovel the snow (Our houses are conjoined, and there are two apartments for each house. The driveway is shared between us). My area isn't too bad, but there's always a lot of rain here for some reason, which is quite bad because we're at a lower elevation compared to other areas

My favorite seasons have always been Spring/Fall. To me, the weather is perfect; not too hot, not too cold. Sure the weather can be a bit unpredictable at times, but in the long run, the good outweighs the bad. Shame they don't last too long.

Author:   Enhance
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 3:29am (PST)
Winter is the best time of the year for me both where I grew up and where I'm attending college. In Alaska where I grew up the winter brings tons and tons of snow. Sledding, snowboarding, snow machining. All incredibly fun things to do that you need snow for. Even just driving and having fun whipping your back end around can be really fun.

I go to college in Arizona and I just couldn't handle being there in the summer. I get there in August and it still is 100+ degrees everyday until the end of September. Having to handle that for an entire summer would be brutal. In the winter it usually gets to the low 70's and now its getting back into the low 80's.

Author:   Snow Ball
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 3:47am (PST)
quote Endless Ages
My favorite seasons have always been Spring/Fall. To me, the weather is perfect; not too hot, not too cold. Sure the weather can be a bit unpredictable at times, but in the long run, the good outweighs the bad. Shame they don't last too long.
That's true, but I've always preferred summer over spring and fall personally. Part of it is because of the unpredictable thing, but I also get allergies in the spring because of pollen, and fall can sometimes be too windy. Maybe that's just me, although I still don't mind either one that much. On the other hand, one of the only times I don't like summer weather is when the temperature is above 100 degrees, or even 90 degrees occasionally.

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 4:18am (PST)
I like Autumn, especially the first month just after summer (March here in Aussie, so right now, lol). It can still get quite warm in March, but Autumn is nice as it slowly eases us into winter.

Author:   Roy
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 6:07am (PST)
Late spring is the best because you can feel the air changing to prepare for summer.

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 6:13am (PST)
It actually hasn't been all that cold here this winter, compared to every other winter I've experienced. It's been in the late 30's and 40's a lot. Even 50's sometimes. Overall, there's been less snow here this winter too.

In terms of climate, I like Fall/Autumn the most. Summer gets a bit too hot. However, there's other aspects to summer that I like.

Author:   Ben73
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 11:10am (PST)
Autumn is the best. Summer is too hot.
Although this previous summer has been the coldest summer I have seen. Most of summer was the low to mid 20s during the day instead of the usual 30+
Plus it has been raining way too much.

I love it.

Author:   Traydor
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 11:47am (PST)
I used to look forward to snow, but after that last few English winters, I'm so over it. I like rain sometimes too, but not when I have to go out. I also hate hot.

I've come to the conclusion that my favourite season is spring, closely followed by autumn. The temperatures are just right, but spring wins because it has crocuses and may blossom.

Right now, the British weather is extremely confusing. At first, it seemed like the seasons had just been moved back a few months; we had a summery autumn, and a mild winter. But now, just when we've got snow and cold temperatures, we also have warm spring days, scattered through the week, which throws my theory right off.

Still, at least we've always got something to talk about.

Author:   Danielg
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 12:05pm (PST)
I despise the snow. It really does my head in. Driving in it, walking in it, the fact the whole country grinds to a halt when we have any.

We have only had snow once so far this year (In South Wales) but there are rumours we have more due.

Obviously summer is the best! Beer gardens, swimming in rivers, golf, football in the park with your top off, barbecues, skimpy clothes

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.