Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Risking Your Life for Your Pets - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56443/t1715501-risking-your-life-for-your-pets/2.htm

Author:   Redemption
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 3:45am (PST)
Subject:   re: Risking Your Life for Your Pets
-------------------------------------------
I actually risked my life for Toro before.

We were living on the 12th floor of a building and Toro had escaped to the balcony, but somehow he had climbed to the other side of the partition separating our side of the balcony from our neighbours (balconies are shared). I tried to get to him by sliding across on the outside edge of the balcony until I realised I was 12 stories up, hanging on the outside of the building with nothing below me.

It was a stupid thing to try but sometimes its not obvious how stupid it is until you reflect on it.

Author:   Kingy
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 3:59am (PST)
Yikes, Redemption.

By the way, have you ever considered renaming him to Garfield? That picture is a perfect representation.

He even has the same "Meh, go away" look on his face, haha.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Feb 16, 12 at 6:15am (PST)
Very cute cat!

This is something I've never grown accustomed to. My dad's always been anti-animal and my mom, due to temporary living arrangements and low income, either lost the privelege to care for animals or they ended up "running away".

I think my turning point was when my rabbit died. The nicest thing I have ever gotten was a surprise, "let's go get a rabbit!" that my mom took me to when I was in third grade. I was literally obsessed with rabbits, and was ecstatic when I got her, Amy (my brother's named appropriately Sonic).

I wasn't aware that Rabbit overheated easily and was picked up months later to hear the horrible news. I don't think I've ever been that sad. ):

Not that I'm insensitive to animals (as I do love a majority of them), but intimate relationships with animals ceased since my rabbits and I've grown immune to having too much affection towards animals in general. Not that I wouldn't ever find myself loving an animal to this extent, but rather can't see myself doing this at the time being. Rambled a bit, sorry.

Author:   oliveoil
Date:   Feb 17, 12 at 7:05am (PST)
I would definitely do anything to save the life of my dogs. They mean to much to me. <3

Author:   Mouldy Cheese
Date:   Feb 17, 12 at 9:47pm (PST)
That's sad to hear, justin I had a similar experience with a guinea pig that died after a week of having it; I was completely crushed.

I think I'm one of those seemingly stupid people that would go into a fire to save their pet. In fact, when I was a teenager there was a poisonous snake outside our house and our old farm dog was harassing it. Despite the fact that I'm petrified of snakes (I have quite the phobia of them :/), I ducked outside to grab her collar and pull her inside. Sure, it's no climbing 12 stories up to save it (damn you Redemption, that's a tough story to beat ), but that was scary enough for me!

I dot think it'sjust about having a dog or a cat that you "should" save; but in the case of my current dog it's been me who has raised her, taught her and given her the attention she needs. In return I have her love, respect, unfaltering committment and obedience. I don't think I could just sit by if she were in trouble.

It's more than just having a pet, it's about saving your friend.

Author:   Redemption
Date:   Feb 18, 12 at 2:32am (PST)
Sometimes when you take action it might not be just the pet's life that you worry about, but the people who would be impacted if that pet is lost.

Again, I'm not condoning such actions, I think I made a big mistake because all I had to do was knock on the neighbour's door to ask them to let me into their balcony. That option didn't occur to me because it was late at night and when under stress and adrenaline it's easy to get tunnel vision.

Author:   Willow Vampire
Date:   Feb 18, 12 at 6:17pm (PST)
The Toro-on-a-ledge story is extremely cinematic. They should definitely make a motive about that, or at least a comic (serious suggestion). I've never risked my life for my pets as the situation hasn't arisen. As much as I love my cats I would not die to save them. I'd risk injury to save them from death though, sure.

Back to the original post, why the bloody hell would you take your clothes off? it's ice he's climbing across -___-

Author:   Kaiba
Date:   Feb 19, 12 at 8:09pm (PST)
I've always developed close bonds with any pets I've had. I'm sure I would do whatever I could to save them if there weren't any professionals around who could better handle the situation (firefighters, etc.).

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Feb 20, 12 at 5:57am (PST)
Honestly, I wouldn't. Yes, it would terrible to see my pets die, but if it means risking own life, I wouldn't do it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.