Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: If you could choose one.... - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56277/t1711698-if-you-could-choose-one/2.htm

Author:   Hearts
Date:   Jan 30, 12 at 7:51am (PST)
Subject:   re: If you could choose one....
-------------------------------------------

Depending on the game mechanics, Flareon might just be the best choice.

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Feb 01, 12 at 8:23pm (PST)
Probably Espeon or Umbreon for me

Author:   Phi
Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 2:06pm (PST)
    There's quite a few eeveelutions that I wouldn't mind using, all of them bar Jolteon and Flareon, to be exact. x3 So it'll depend on what the best for completing the game is. If they're all the same, the Leafeon. :3

Author:   Geo
Date:   Feb 04, 12 at 2:15am (PST)
Hearts
Jolteon could be good too.
Did you see the screenshot of Pikachu doing the Thunder on surrounding Pokemons like some power-hungry Pokemon? XD

Date:   Feb 04, 12 at 5:09pm (PST)

Geo There are quite a few volcano battlefield screenshots.. Flareon is still the better choice. Flareon could just murder Pikachu with Flare Blitzz

Date:   Feb 04, 12 at 10:34pm (PST)
Nah, I don't think Flareon will get Flare Blitz in this game. XD

I wonder how does Surf work in this game... Vaporeon could be just as useful too.

Author:   Emberguard
Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 1:04am (PST)
quote Geo

I wonder how does Surf work in this game... Vaporeon could be just as useful too.

Maybe it attacks pokemon in a given radius? Wonder if your pokemon gets to actually surf on the wave and move towards the enemy when it attacks (unlikely but you never know)

Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 2:35am (PST)
But I have a feeling that there won't even be a Surf move, since Pokemon only learn Surf via HM and not by leveling. Unless the game has HMs/TMs as well.

Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 8:09am (PST)
Geo, I'm pretty sure there are a few pokemon that learn surf by lvl up in the main games. I'll have to check it though. Certainly Manaphy learns Dive through lvl up

Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 9:00am (PST)
Emberguard
That's where you're incorrect.

Surf is purely a HM move in the main games.

Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 3:33pm (PST)

Surf can be learned by Lapras through level up in Pokemon Naranja and Pikachu can in the main games.

I personally don't want HM's to be included in this games, since most of them are pretty useless... Unless, it's not included in the story line completion or if a Pokemon can learn an unlimited about of moves..

But still, Vaporeon is a pretty decent choice since it can Hydro Pump. >:3

Date:   Feb 06, 12 at 12:41am (PST)
Yeah, I'm mistaken, just checked. But why is it some HMs can be learnt by lvl up and others can't?

Perhaps they'll only have the HMs as normal moves this time Hearts?

Although, if your pokemon can learn a HM such as fly or dive by lvling up, does it still work in the same way of HMs in the process of replacing it with a different move? Cos however would the wild pokemon forget it to have the moves it wants

Date:   Feb 06, 12 at 5:38am (PST)

Yes please, Emberguard. HM's really spoil the fun of the game. They take one valuable moveslot. But yeah, in PMD HM's weren't really used much in the story line, so I guess it will be more or less the same for this game.

In PMD, I always have a flying type as the third partner since it gets an advantage in getting across water, so I might be going for Umbreon since it has pretty good defenses and take neutral damage from Electric Ice and Rock attacks and works well as a bait, luring enemies towards it and my highly mobile flying types will just do the attacking and get away to a safe distance. That's my main strategy I use often, I guess..

I think HM's will be forgettable or else they'll have to put a move deletor or a link shop.

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   Feb 08, 12 at 1:31am (PST)
quote Dragoon
Either Espeon or Jolteon. I'm bored of the generic Eevee starter though, we've had it in XD and Colloseum, I want something a little different like Riolu or Scraggy.
My exact thoughts. ._.

Date:   Feb 10, 12 at 1:59pm (PST)
MegaBassMan
Wait till they release the game with a Magikarp starter, all for 500 Pokecash. xD

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.