Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: This Game Sucks! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56257/t1769023-this-game-sucks/

Author:   umgee
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 5:02am (PST)
Subject:   This Game Sucks!
-------------------------------------------
Loved Resident Evil 5. Was a very enjoyable game.

This, however. It's pretty bad. Such a mess.
Only played the campaign demo, but wasn't impressed at all.

- The controls and camera is clunky

- The gameplay is way too action fast-paced action orientated

- You can't destroy objects that look like they should be destroyable

- Zombies lying on the floor everywhere, and you can't shoot them until you pass the trigger for the to rise

- Messy and ugly item menus

- Messy and ugly HUD

- Fragmented campaign just removes the depth and immersion you're supposed to feel for this type of game

- Can't share items, it seems

- Stupid Gears of War style cover system. Res Evil? Really?

Yea, whatever. Waste of time.

Author:   Gamesta100
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 5:13am (PST)
Subject:   re: This Game Sucks!
All I'm gonna say is that we have different opinions. I love this game (actually finished it already) whereas RE5 is one of my top two most disappointing games of all time.

Author:   Nashtalia
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 8:03am (PST)
unlike the OP i know i will not be disappointed, tomorrow here i come

Author:   Coi Cki
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 8:36am (PST)
Got a text message today, saying that my Collector's Edition has been packed and sent... Tomorrow here I come, too!

Author:   umgee
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 9:35am (PST)
quote Gamesta100
All I'm gonna say is that we have different opinions. I love this game (actually finished it already) whereas RE5 is one of my top two most disappointing games of all time.
Yes everything will have fans and critics. Personal preferences I suppose.

This game is in my top 5 disappointing, but to be honest, I wasn't excited much for this game because for some reason, I knew it wasn't going to be great. Maybe because of the 3 different campaigns and knowing how cheap Capcom are these days, I knew the detail and depth wasn't going to be there.

When did you get it? Is it really short too?
Did you play through with a friend with headsets?

Forgot to add, I also hated the camera positioning and how close it was to your character, making you take up too much of the screen.

Author:   Gamesta100
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 6:45pm (PST)
Got it on Fri (Thu for Americans and Europeans), took me 25h 33m and I did it solo. I never play games co-op on a first playthrough.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 10:23pm (PST)
I'm just going to throw my two cents in here and say that I like the older versions of Resident Evil, honestly. Growing up these games introduced me into such a deeper level of gaming that I definitely hold Resident Evil One, Zero and Four as some of my all-time favorite games. While the more action-based direction RE is taking nowadays is exciting, I'd rather see a more horror-centered mystery game like Resident Evil 1, to be honest. Still can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Author:   Nashtalia
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 2:32am (PST)
Welcome to the End of the World, everyone

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 5:31am (PST)
I find very ironic that one of the complaints most noted about this game is its camera and how it's positioned poorly XD

Author:   Mathew1990
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 10:30pm (PST)
I have played through Leon's campaign and am halfway through Chris's and I disagree with a lot of the criticism going around. This game is a great ACTION game, maybe not a great resident evil game.. but it is sure fun to play and stands up proudly besides resident evil 4 and 5.
I think people need to stop complaining because this game deserves a lot more credit..

Author:   Coi Cki
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 6:49am (PST)
The only thing that currently sucks about RE6 is that I haven't got it yet.. Slow mail... Was sent Monday, looking like it'll arrive today. Games I've ordered before have usually arrived the day after being sent, not two days.

Author:   Ditnopota
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 11:03am (PST)
Not gonna lie, this game looks like absolute goddamn trash. I'll play it in like a year when I'm finally done playing good games and feel like a bit of self-torture a la Terminator Salvation.

Oh, and I'm not a 'CLASSIC RE ONLY' kinda guy. Only RE game I liked was 4. 5 was mildly entertaining. This, though? This just looks horrid for even an action-oriented game.

Author:   UrbanLegend2012
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 11:55am (PST)
Funny how people base their opinion on a game having only played the demo. If you play the actual game when it comes out, then it'll be better. Plus, its new, there's going to be changes whether they're good or bad. Still, don't bash a game until you've actually played it when its released as a full game, not the demo.

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 12:47pm (PST)
quote UrbanLegend2012
Funny how people base their opinion on a game having only played the demo. If you play the actual game when it comes out, then it'll be better. Plus, its new, there's going to be changes whether they're good or bad. Still, don't bash a game until you've actually played it when its released as a full game, not the demo.
Well, you can base a number of things on a demo, not everything though of course. For example, you obviously can't base much opinion on the story (although you might still get a little hint as to how good the story might be), but you can base gameplay and things like that. If the devs chose a bad section of gameplay to showcase in the demo that's their fault, mostly people play demo's to try out the gameplay. Dead Space for example had a horrid demo imo, almost put me off the game completely but for some reason i rented it and loved it so bought the game.

Anyways, so far i've played Leon's and half of Chris', and i'm not disappointed. Probably because i didn't have much expectations lol. Leon's definitely had quite a bit of atmosphere and tension at times, definitely reminiscent of RE4. So far Chris has had a bit of tension, but mostly it's just shoot shoot punch. Still quite fun though, loving Piers' sniper rifle.

Author:   Ditnopota
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 1:00pm (PST)
quote UrbanLegend2012

"PAY $60 FOR A GAME YOU THINK YOU WON'T ENJOY OR ELSE I WON'T TAKE YOUR OPINION INTO CONSIDERATION"

ok

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.