Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Information Thread. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/56257/t1710370-information-thread/

Author:   Da Soulja
Date:   Jan 19, 12 at 11:50pm (PST)
Subject:   Info
-------------------------------------------
quote IGN
Capcom has officially announced Resident Evil 6. The game will be produced by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who previously produced Resident Evil 4.

It will be coming on November 20th to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and a PC version will follow later. The game will feature both single-player and co-op gameplay.

According to Capcom, the game's story is as follows: "It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President's side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest decision ever. At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world's population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left."
IGN - Resident Evil 6 Confirmed

There's also a RE6 wiki that has more info including a new playable character. And the involvement of Ada Wong.

IGN - Resident Evil 6 Wiki Guide

Author:   ssjgoten
Date:   Jan 20, 12 at 12:14am (PST)
Subject:   re: Information Thread.
The game will be produced by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who previously produced Resident Evil 4.
That for me is very good news. I honestly enjoyed 4 way more than 5. I'm hoping they're not forcing the co op and actually make it optional this time around.

Sorta like what Mass Effect 3 is doing.

Also holy shit I guess I finally have a legit reason to call it President Evil.

Author:   icebox66
Date:   Jan 20, 12 at 12:30am (PST)
least they got the guy who did. 4 who was a good game.

Author:   SpOOK
Date:   Jan 20, 12 at 12:38am (PST)
Zombies are back! Now just let us strafe and shoot at the same time and I'll be a happy camper.

Author:   ssjgoten
Date:   Jan 20, 12 at 12:39am (PST)
A person

Well, more agile moves are definitely confirmed. Noticed how Leon did that ground 180 degree flip?

It might happen.

Author:   SpOOK
Date:   Jan 20, 12 at 12:44am (PST)
I'm hoping. One thing I realized after playing through the Metal Gear collection is how much better it is to be able to move and aim in third person. Having to stop and find your shot only to miss and have to re-situate is just plain annoying and slows down the action too much for my liking.

Author:   Defiance
Date:   Jan 20, 12 at 5:19pm (PST)
Made a thread about this but deleted it as I feel it fits better here:

quote Me
For those who haven't seen it:

Provided by the Neoseekervideo YouTube account

This is an awesome trailer. One of the best video game trailers in recent memory.

Author:   Da Soulja
Date:   Jan 21, 12 at 11:16am (PST)
IGN has an article up with some more info on RE 6. They say that a source has told them that Sherry Birkin is in the game. I know there's not a lot of proof but so far IGN has been right about RE6 so I'll take this into consideration.

IGN - Resident Evil 6: 24 Hours later

PS. I know I'm kinda late with delivering this info but since no one else posted this I thought I should post it here since I started this thread.

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Jan 21, 12 at 11:45am (PST)

IGN's rewind theater.

After watching that i have become slightly excited for the game.

Capcom are right though....there is no hope left....no hope for them to return to actual horror

Date:   Jan 22, 12 at 1:17am (PST)
For reference: HQ photos from the trailer. ^ (Credit goes to Ded Valve)

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Jan 22, 12 at 4:36am (PST)
Xbox confirms that the game takes place 10 years after Raccoon City...in 2013.

Never stop failing Capcom.

It also has splitscreen, 2-6 player co-op, 8 player multi-player (versus confirmed).

Beard Nevence (from the manga) is in the game and is most likely Chris' partner.

Author:   KujasSilverDragon
Date:   Jan 22, 12 at 4:45am (PST)
Looks like Wesker won't be returning in RE6. Can't say I'm surprised or upset at all about this. Let the dude die, it was well past his time.

Date:   Jan 22, 12 at 4:54am (PST)
quote Ded Valve

Never stop failing Capcom.

It also has splitscreen, 2-6 player co-op, 8 player multi-player (versus confirmed).

Beard Nevence (from the manga) is in the game and is most likely Chris' partner.

2-6 player co-op? My pants just got a lot tighter.

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Jan 22, 12 at 7:58am (PST)
quote Ded Valve
*bleep*ing hell. Obviously the 6 player coop would only be certain parts of the campaign (if any of the campaign at all actually), but still, i think that's going a teensy weensy leetle bitsy bit over the top.

quote Ded Valve
Trolololol.

Author:   SoraCloud
Date:   Jan 22, 12 at 8:36am (PST)
6 player coop would only be acceptable if it were for like a massive horde type of mini game.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.