Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Neoseeker reviews Alan Wake's American Nightmare (on PC) - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55995/t1735636-neoseeker-reviews-alan-wakes-american-nightmare-on-pc/

Author:   RabidChinaGirl
Date:   May 22, 12 at 4:06pm (PST)
Subject:   Neoseeker reviews Alan Wake's American Nightmare (on PC)
-------------------------------------------
Neo writer bluexy takes a look at American Nightmare on PC. He didn't like it too much, but you know, it wasn't bad. Hit up the link to see what he says.

Let us know your thoughts. We'd love to hear them.

[[article:3068]]

Author:   BlackLabel
Date:   May 22, 12 at 6:32pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Neoseeker reviews Alan Wake's American Nightmare (on PC)
-------------------------------------------
I have played about 60 minutes of the game so far and I just got to the Observatory, rather unexpectedly I may add as I did what the quest asked and I was zipped off to that area, I hope I can go back to the starting zone at some point as there are a good 15 manuscript pages I'm missing from there. So far the game seems pretty good, I am enjoying the combat a lot more in this than the first as in the first combat was just frustrating, you would get jumped from all angles and even a pro-dodger would get hit a few times avoiding the mass melee.

As for the story I am quite liking that it is more streamlined. In the first I liked that I had to concentrate a lot in cut scenes and during in-game walking and talking moments, such as Alan and Barry talking in the trailer park before getting duped by a promise of manuscript papers that weren't there. That was cool, but here it plays out like a basic action horror and I'm happy with that, I'm fine with a few hours of blasting away Taken without a care for ammo conservation, sure it may create some bad habits for Alan Wake 2 but I'll just have to re-learn the classic game when it comes to it.

Overall I am liking what I'm playing and it's nice to see some other interactive characters in the World, as in the first Alan Wake when night hit everyone vanished except the scene in the mental health clinic. I understand that many get taken over by the darkness but as this game shows pretty quickly is that some do survive it for at least a little while before it catches them. I can't wait to see what the rest of the game brings and I am glad the tension from the first is still retained in some areas despite the increased amounts of ammunition. I will try and post a final impression when it's all complete.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.