Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Grand Theft Auto 5 due out next spring, confirms Rockstar - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55711/t1784627-grand-theft-auto-5-due-out-next-spring-confirms-rockstar/

Author:   cromagdude
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 11:24am (PST)
Subject:   Grand Theft Auto 5 due out next spring, confirms Rockstar
-------------------------------------------
[[news:21268]]

Author:   Dantess26
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 11:57am (PST)
Subject:   re: Grand Theft Auto 5 due out next spring, confirms Rockstar
I may have just creamed my pants... nothing to do with the blonde chick either... okay, maybe it was...

Author:   Gligar
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 12:09pm (PST)
If part of the game is set into los Santos, ill probably see my homie CJ

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 12:15pm (PST)
Yeah, another case of the PC version getting released later (and probably through a bit of a half-assed port).

Well, that's just the way Rockstar does things. PC gaming is mostly an afterthought to them. They never even bothered to port RDR, basically stating they didn't know how, or couldn't be bothered to make it work.

I'll still get it release date mind, though GTA IV was a bit of a letdown. The Saints Row series is the new GTA TBH.

Author:   Master
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 12:28pm (PST)
Subject:   <a href=
quote Shadow of Death
They never even bothered to port RDR, basically stating they didn't know how, or couldn't be bothered to make it work.
That's untrue, all they said is that it wouldn't be viable for them to do so.

Rockstar isn't bad at making ports - the PC version of SA is godlike, and while IV wasn't perfect, it's still entirely playable even on dated hardware. I can play IV with almost everything maxed out, but have to play BF3 with everything on low. The PC version of Max Payne 3 was done EXTREMELY well, so whatever kinks they had before, I believe they've been ironed out.

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 12:50pm (PST)
To be fair GTA started out on consoles, though I don't think that should stop them from porting it on the PC sooner....

ANYWAYS! I never beat San Andreas but I got pretty far, I kind of just wanted to do what everyone does: Disregard the story mode and just *bleep* shit up everywhere. I should plug in my PS2 and stuff and beat it, I think I got stuck towards the end of it. I got far in GTA 4 on my dad's Xbox account, but that game was meh all around and I never beat it. I just liked *bleep*ing shit up in the hospital. On my Xbox user account I'm right at the beginning lol.

Thank God this game won't be a downgrade like GTA 4 was, I need to look up more news for it.

Author:   Lavitz
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 12:52pm (PST)
Subject:   <a href=
Is that chick supposed to be Kate Upton?

Me likey.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 1:01pm (PST)
quote Master
quote Shadow of Death
They never even bothered to port RDR, basically stating they didn't know how, or couldn't be bothered to make it work.
That's untrue, all they said is that it wouldn't be viable for them to do so.

Rockstar isn't bad at making ports - the PC version of SA is godlike, and while IV wasn't perfect, it's still entirely playable even on dated hardware. I can play IV with almost everything maxed out, but have to play BF3 with everything on low. The PC version of Max Payne 3 was done EXTREMELY well, so whatever kinks they had before, I believe they've been ironed out.
They also added "(technically, developmentally and business-wise)". The first two just tell me they aren't confident they could do it properly, the third (business) tells me they think the PC market is just an afterthought, it's complete BS since I'm quite certain that RDR on PC would sell like mad. This (PC market being an afterthought for them) is also evidenced in that they delay PC releases for a while after console releases.

Charlie - What makes you think this game won't be a downgrade from VC/SA though (graphics aside, obviously)? IV was, and V is following in IV's footsteps so far as I can tell (putting more emphasis on realistic physics and the like). I'm sure it will still be a fun game, but I doubt they'll ever return to the awesomeness that was the pre-IV era. Have you played the Saints Row games? They take the VC/SA formula and ratchet it up another notch of insanity.

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 1:23pm (PST)
Shadow of Death: I just meant that it won't be a downgrade from IV lol, that would be terrible. Of course it won't be as great as VC/SA. But if you always expect all the GTA games to be just like or better than SA you're not going to have fun ever. IV was fun, but definitely not that great. It would be cool to have everything SA had though, but still.

Also I only played/own Saints Row 2 and it's fun. I really need to get Saints Row 3 soon, I've wanted it for awhile too.

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 1:56pm (PST)
quote Lavitz
Is that chick supposed to be Kate Upton?

Me likey.
I was thinking Malin Akerman.

Author:   Yogurt
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 2:12pm (PST)
It could be as good as VC/SA but it would be very hard for them to do.

Author:   zadoc
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 2:35pm (PST)
It's been a long time since Rockstar has made a new GTA game that wasn't some sub-sequel. This should be good. Who's getting it?
POLL: Planning on getting GTA: V?
Vote here: http://bit.ly/GTA2013

Author:   Gregm
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 2:35pm (PST)
Subject:   Grand Theft Auto 5 due out next spring, confirms Rockstar
Awesome. It's about time we finally got something close to a release date. I can only imagine information is going to start pouring out around the middle of November.

Author:   HilaryDuffGta
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 3:04pm (PST)
id' give up the idea of seeing cj in the game, i dont think it will happen but hey im hoping as well, but dont hold your breath, well glad there is finally at least something that says when we get this game..

cant wait for it

Author:   Master
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 3:08pm (PST)
Charlie - GTA actually started out on PC, so no, it isn't fair.

quote Shadow of Death
it's complete BS since I'm quite certain that RDR on PC would sell like mad.
I think it would sell okay, but not like mad. Max Payne and GTA have a large PC base already, but RDR is a new and different title. I'd definitely have gotten the game, but you can't blame em if they didn't see the numbers being there.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.