Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Grove Street - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55711/t1764013-grove-street/

Author:   Tommy Vercetti
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 1:07pm (PST)
Subject:   Grove Street
-------------------------------------------
Do you guys think R* will include the old neighborhood? Or even mention the gang? Will we see gangsters flying the classic green colors? What do you guys think?

Author:   The Red Devils
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 1:11pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Grove Street
Yeah we'll probably see it in a Easter egg or in a reference thrown in somewhere, well they better do !

Author:   Demonxsoul
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 2:47pm (PST)
I can Imagine The Johnson House still being there, maybe the San Andreas Protagonist (Carl Johnson) will be put in as a Mission or Storyline Character, as It has only been 20 years since CJ moved back to Grove Street.

Author:   Craigy Boy
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 2:53pm (PST)
I wonder will his mothers grave be in the game, or any other character that died in SA. Would be cool to have CJs grave. I know he'd be dead, but still cool.

Author:   Master
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 3:34pm (PST)
No returning characters or specific locations were in IV's Liberty City, so I doubt it.

Author:   thetwilight
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 3:39pm (PST)
It is very unlikely that we will see any characters from SA return (radio aside), as they come from different universes or dimensions, if you will. We're now in the HD era. SA was in the 3D era.

Author:   HilaryDuffGta
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 5:14pm (PST)
sadly no i dont think we will see anything from san andreas in gta 5,they have made it very clear the ps2 era story line is thru,they wont bring it back or anything to do with it in the new gta era,personally it ticks me off,i would love to see some kind of san andreas easter eggs in gta 5,i still have a little hope

but dont count on it

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 11:59pm (PST)
I am hopeful that Grove Street itself will make an appearance on the map. But i dont think it will feature heavily. You may have to pick someone up there for a mission or a referance from an NPC like "Hey i used to know a guy who lived there" would be nice.

Maybe i'll even try to land a plane there like i did in S.A HAHA.

If im honest i would love to visit it again. Maybe park up and listen to the radio like old times.

It would be cool if you could still find the 9mm in that dudes back garden across the road.

Author:   Ben73
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 5:02am (PST)
I'd love to see some SA references, but I somehow don't think it will happen unfortunately.

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 6:21am (PST)
quote Ben73
I'd love to see some SA references, but I somehow don't think it will happen unfortunately.
Really?

I hadnt thought about it. I just assumed they would have a few in there. Then again with the new "mature" direction or R* games maybe not.

I just assumed Grove street would be there, its so iconic.

Author:   magsasaka
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 12:44pm (PST)
we dont know yet, but that other guy we see in the trailer and screenshot might be a next generation johnson!!

Author:   Gregm
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 10:42pm (PST)
I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of reference to it. I don't expect to see CJ's mom's house or anything like that, though. Perhaps there will be a road under construction that was once Grove Street

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 11:57pm (PST)
quote Gregm
I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of reference to it. I don't expect to see CJ's mom's house or anything like that, though. Perhaps there will be a road under construction that was once Grove Street
Yeah, i am hoping for some referance to it anyway. They surely must referance parts of GTA:SA. If they didnt bother it would seem strange. It would almost be an insult to it.

Author:   Trev_GFC
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 6:23am (PST)
In terms of comparing it to the lack of references in GTAIV from GTAIII I think it's different. By now GTAIII was a long time ago, the most obscure 3D game, and played by the least amount of people. GTA:SA was so much more familiar to everyone. Yes, the locations of GTAIII were familiar but in GTAIV the locations were more familiar, as were all the characters.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 7:00am (PST)
quote Trev_GFC
In terms of comparing it to the lack of references in GTAIV from GTAIII I think it's different. By now GTAIII was a long time ago, the most obscure 3D game, and played by the least amount of people. GTA:SA was so much more familiar to everyone. Yes, the locations of GTAIII were familiar but in GTAIV the locations were more familiar, as were all the characters.
Yeah really good points.

Also i think R* may have learned from GTAIV. I think they'll draw in the overly serious tone a little and include a few nods to existing fans. Even if just in light pedestrian conversational pieces or small map additions or something.

I dont think we'll be uniting the grove street crews again, but i think we'll hear a few small referances throughout the game.

I really dont see why R* are so quick to separate the two generations of GTA games. Alot of decisions at R* have me scratching my head. I used to see them as the kinda bad boys of gaming. The kinda fan-centric, censor ignoring feather rufflers. But now they have adopted the big company image of many other faceless gaming mega giants. I somehow feel less of a connction to them. Less of a fan.

Yes, i was a bit negative again. Dont anyone shit an egg.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.