Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Educated guesses for V - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55711/t1752640-educated-guesses-for/

Author:   Master
Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 2:12pm (PST)
Subject:   Educated guesses for V
-------------------------------------------
So what I mean by 'educated guesses', is - stuff that you genuinely believe will be in the game, based on what you know about the series and what Rockstar is known to do. This isn't so much 'what you want to see', but 'what you think you'll see'.

For instance - at the end of VC, you are given a group of 3 guys that will follow you around and back you up, and then in SA, that small concept turned into a pretty big gameplay mechanic.

IV follows a similar pattern - Dwayne lets you call for backup and you're given a couple of guys that will follow you around. In TLaD, you're able to call for backup almost whenever you want, and they ride with you as an actual biker gang. I think this will play a much bigger role in V, where your friends won't exist just to bug you to hang out, but will actually be able to assist you in missions (not forced, but by you calling them to come and help) with perhaps different outcomes to who you ask for help.

Another one is an inventory system, perhaps for drugs or stolen goods that you can sell. RDR has a similar inventory but for animal trophies and skins, and I think Chinatown Wars has some sort of inventory, doesn't it?

When the game comes out, we can look back on this and make a tally of who's guesses were accurate, and then the highest tally could become the king of V for, like, a day or something.

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 2:37pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Educated guesses for V
An inventory system would be really nice; it'd make me think that the customization of SA was back. But it'd have to be better than RDR, which I thought was pretty bare. Don't really see it happening though.

I expect a return of less conventional vehicles like bicycles and atvs. Only because the setting's Los Santos and that's where we first saw them.

The backup thing is definitely going to be there. That's the one thing from SA they didn't scrap for IV, so logic dictates it'll be there. Same with girlfriends and dating.

Author:   Tommy Vercetti
Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 5:10pm (PST)
Cage Fights/Underground Fighting! It was to fun in TBoGT to leave out. I also think the Assassination missions will make a return.

Author:   bigben4879
Date:   Aug 13, 12 at 10:59pm (PST)
quote TommyVercetti101
Cage Fights/Underground Fighting! It was to fun in TBoGT to leave out. I also think the Assassination missions will make a return.
I'm surprised they really haven't put in an MMA/Bum Fights type play scenario.

Author:   Tec 9
Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 5:46am (PST)
I'm gonna predict the inclusion of some kind of drug dealing system akin to that of Chinatown Wars. I've detailed a cool way that it could work before:

quote Tec 9
The more money you have, the more drugs you can buy and sell. Then eventually hire street dealers to deal for you. More money = bigger deals with suppliers. But like in CW the market goes up and down, you could get busted. You'd have to deal with competitors, potential gang wars, suppliers could try to *bleep* you over, buyers could try to knock you off etc. There's always a risk that you could lose your money and drugs. Its the risk that you could lose everything that would make it intense and playable. Like when you lose all your weapons when you die. It would actually add risk, and you'd have to start from lower down again.

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Aug 15, 12 at 1:39am (PST)
I predict very limited car and weapon customisation. I think R* will add these as minimally as possible simply so they can say "look, we listen to fans."

Author:   Fortitudo
Date:   Aug 15, 12 at 2:23am (PST)
Easter Eggs referencing the original San Andreas.

Friends that help you when you get their friend rating to a certain point.

JETS!

Buying Businesses.

Racing

Bank Robberies.

TommyVercetti101, You really expect Alberto De Silva to do some underground fighting? Close your eyes and think of that image.

Date:   Aug 15, 12 at 9:09am (PST)
He sounds like an MMA fighter.

Author:   Darnit
Date:   Aug 15, 12 at 4:45pm (PST)
quote CTTR champion
Bank Robberies.
After how popular the bank robbery mission was in IV I could defiantly see this happening. If done properly it could be one seriously fun activity which could give the player some decent cash.

I reckon we'll see also the mains gangs from SA appear in V but playing a much more minor role. It would be really cool if CJ or even any SA character somehow appeared in just one mission. Then again maybe 20 years later all the gangs have died out.

Author:   Fortitudo
Date:   Aug 16, 12 at 9:43am (PST)
quote TommyVercetti101
He sounds like an MMA fighter.
He sounds like one but from the trailer does he look like one?

Author:   Master
Date:   Aug 16, 12 at 12:09pm (PST)
Yeah he definitely doesn't look like a cage fighter. He looks like he could be the oldest playable character we've had so far - everyone's been in their 30s or younger, whereas this guy seems to be showing signs of age, like grey hair.

Date:   Aug 17, 12 at 10:52am (PST)
The older guy from the trailer doesn't look like a 'Alberto De Silva' tbh.

Author:   Zhang Liao
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 12:48am (PST)
A hot air balloon!

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 3:52am (PST)
^ That almost sounds like a daft comment, but actually you might be right Zhang Liao.

I cant remember exactly but i think at about 18 seconds into the trailer a blimp is visible in the distance. Not exactly a hot air balloon but close enough.

I wonder if it will be flyable or have a useable passenger compartment. It could even potentially feature in mission.

Author:   Qwertyking
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 3:02pm (PST)
quote TommyVercetti101
Agreed, despite being able to see in hindsight that the melee system in IV was atrocious - fist fighting was my favourite thing to do on free roam. I hope that they vastly improve the mechanic and that it plays a much bigger role in V. After all, there isn't much more satisfying than landing a knock-out blow right on the jaw .

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.