Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Vita Compatibility - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55620/t1746168-vita-compatibility/

Author:   daveyd
Date:   Jul 16, 12 at 10:10am (PST)
Subject:   Vita Compatibility
-------------------------------------------
News from the Atlus USA forums is that Gungnir is now working on the Vita, a little over a month after it's release. However, it sounds like it isn't up on the Vita PSN store yet, so it can only be played by downloading it on the PS3 and then transferring the the Vita. It seems Sony has to approve PSP games before they work on the Vita; this is probably due to a concern over possible hacking exploits.

I'm guessing we can expect a similar delay before Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time is playable on the Vita. Of course this isn't an issue for anyone who has a PSP, but I know there are some people out there who only have a Vita.

Author:   kratoscar2011
Date:   Jul 17, 12 at 9:12pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Vita Compatibility
quote daveyd
News from the Atlus USA forums is that Gungnir is now working on the Vita, a little over a month after it's release. However, it sounds like it isn't up on the Vita PSN store yet, so it can only be played by downloading it on the PS3 and then transferring the the Vita. It seems Sony has to approve PSP games before they work on the Vita; this is probably due to a concern over possible hacking exploits.

I'm guessing we can expect a similar delay before Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time is playable on the Vita. Of course this isn't an issue for anyone who has a PSP, but I know there are some people out there who only have a Vita.

Then im good to go.

Author:   izanagi_the_creator
Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 1:32pm (PST)
quote daveyd

Seriously, most people wouldn't try to make custom firmware for the PSV when it costs like 300 dollars as that a minor issue may brick it. I have a Japanese PSP-3000 and it runs on official firmware v6.60 as that I had bought it 18000 yen. Besides, it is the only way to access the PSN store.

Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 7:42pm (PST)
quote izanagi_the_creator
quote daveyd

Seriously, most people wouldn't try to make custom firmware for the PSV when it costs like 300 dollars as that a minor issue may brick it. I have a Japanese PSP-3000 and it runs on official firmware v6.60 as that I had bought it 18000 yen. Besides, it is the only way to access the PSN store.
Yeah, I think Sony is being a bit paranoid about hacking. Unfortunately, I don't think they consider adding PSP games to the Vita Store a high priority. I hope for the sake of people who want this game and only have a Vita that they get it up quickly.

Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 7:49pm (PST)
As of the most recent PSN update, WoT is now downloadable on the North American Vita store.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 10:58pm (PST)
quote daveyd
As of the most recent PSN update, WoT is now downloadable on the North American Vita store.
i confirm this i got a mail from atlus today

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.