Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Possible delay - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55620/t1732001-possible-delay/

Author:   daveyd
Date:   May 02, 12 at 7:35am (PST)
Subject:   Possible delay
-------------------------------------------
In case anyone hasn't noticed Atlus recently changed the release date from "July 24th" to a "Summer 2012" on the official site as well as at the end of the opening movie. However, all of the sites that offer pre-orders still list July 24th. I remember seeing a post from an Atlus employee at least a few weeks ago saying the game is in the QA stage, so it's possible they've found some bug(s) that will cause the release to be delayed a few weeks. If this is the case, it is certainly disappointing but on the bright side at least it means they are striving to bring us a well polished game. And this may give us a little more time to work on our wiki, spread the word, and convince people to pre-order this game.

Author:   CoarseDragon
Date:   May 02, 12 at 3:38pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Possible delay
quote daveyd
In case anyone hasn't noticed Atlus recently changed the release date from "July 24th" to a "Summer 2012" on the official site
It sounds like bad news because I want the game right away. Could be good news though because we might get a more polished game.

Author:   kratoscar2011
Date:   May 02, 12 at 5:58pm (PST)
Good at least its coming, by the way around May 20 i will be out of school and i will get my PS2 and Growlanser 4 game and lots of time to work on the wiki as of late im too busy to focus.

Author:   Quetzalcoatl
Date:   May 02, 12 at 8:33pm (PST)
Maybe we'll be getting it a little later as the first days of August perhaps? Whichever, I can wait that long even though it it would mean 1-2 more weeks of wait.

Date:   May 03, 12 at 12:48pm (PST)
It occured to me the delay might be to get it ready for a Vita release.

Author:   Quetzalcoatl
Date:   May 03, 12 at 2:27pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
You know, come to think of it, if this be the case then it surely the best move of Atlus since that way a lot of people would be buying this title on the Vita as it being one of the first RPG's. A lot of people would be looking it up and buy it .

Date:   May 03, 12 at 2:51pm (PST)
quote Quetzalcoatl
quote CoarseDragon
You know, come to think of it, if this be the case then it surely the best move of Atlus since that way a lot of people would be buying this title on the Vita as it being one of the first RPG's. A lot of people would be looking it up and buy it .
Right, that's what I thought too. It would be great if they did. The Vita has a really nice display.

Date:   May 05, 12 at 4:08pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
quote Quetzalcoatl
quote CoarseDragon
Right, that's what I thought too. It would be great if they did. The Vita has a really nice display.
That could very well be it. As I understand it, it took awhile for all the older PSP games on the PSN to be made compatible with the PSVita store. I know Atlus has said when they first announced WoT they were really aiming to have it up on the PSN on the day of physical release.

Date:   May 07, 12 at 8:34am (PST)
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
quote Quetzalcoatl
quote CoarseDragon
That could very well be it. As I understand it, it took awhile for all the older PSP games on the PSN to be made compatible with the PSVita store. I know Atlus has said when they first announced WoT they were really aiming to have it up on the PSN on the day of physical release.
That would be such a huge shot in the arm for the game. Accessible to many more people.

Author:   izanagi_the_creator
Date:   May 16, 12 at 4:58pm (PST)
The delay is quite a disappointment but I do prefer a well-polished game than one with bugs. Hope the delay helps!

Date:   May 27, 12 at 8:27pm (PST)
Today Amazon changed the release date to July 31st. Assuming that is accurate it will only be delayed a week. A bit of a shame, but it's not too bad.

Date:   May 29, 12 at 6:00pm (PST)
quote daveyd
Today Amazon changed the release date to July 31st. Assuming that is accurate it will only be delayed a week. A bit of a shame, but it's not too bad.
I updated the release date on the wiki. Amazon shows me August 2, 2012 but I suppose that includes shipping time.

Date:   Jun 05, 12 at 1:02pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
I updated the release date on the wiki. Amazon shows me August 2, 2012 but I suppose that includes shipping time.
Yep, that includes the estimated shipping time. My order on Amazon has it listed as August 3rd (even though I have "two day" shipping). In my experience Amazon orders often arrive before the estimated delivery date (though I don't think I've ever pre-ordered from them before so I'm not sure if that will still be the case). But the release date on most sites now says July 31st.

Date:   Jun 05, 12 at 1:18pm (PST)
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
Yep, that includes the estimated shipping time. My order on Amazon has it listed as August 3rd (even though I have "two day" shipping). In my experience Amazon orders often arrive before the estimated delivery date (though I don't think I've ever pre-ordered from them before so I'm not sure if that will still be the case). But the release date on most sites now says July 31st.
I use Amazon all the time and they are either right on the date or early. I've never had them be late unless I got an e-mail that said the delivery would be late.

Author:   izanagi_the_creator
Date:   Jul 18, 12 at 5:28pm (PST)
I hope the delay has nothing to do with possible firmware updates.. The current official firmware is v6.60 and it can be customized..

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.