Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Romance / Relationship system - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55620/t1724139-romance-relationship-system/

Author:   daveyd
Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 9:15am (PST)
Subject:   Romance / Relationship system
-------------------------------------------
Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time features a complex relationship system with dating sim elements.

*The player can improve Crevaniel (the protagonist)'s relationship the other characters based by choosing the appropriate conversation options. The entire party will have a higher opinion of Crevaniel if the best outcome is achieved in battles ("Mission Clear") .

*A party member's portrait in the status menu gives a clue as to how close their relationship is with the player character; the happier they look, the better their relationship. The player can also ask one of the familiars what various characters think of you.

*The player will have the opportunity to go on "vacations" and with party members, where you will have the chance to talk with the characters and increase your relationship by choosing the correct response.

*By achieving a high enough relationship score with a particular character, you may unlock that character's ending. You may pursue romances with most of the female characters and "bro-mances" with the males. I believe even the familiars can be romanced.

Characters you can pursue a romance with:

Frane

Eliza Mayfield

Leona

Regina

Sydney

Mell

Type D-LM

Type D-TP

Type D-LD

Type D-MD

Meleene

Tricia

Pamela

Maggy

Dianna Silvernale (unconfirmed)

Author:   kratoscar2011
Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 3:38pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Romance / Relationship system
quote daveyd
Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time features a complex relationship system with dating sim elements.

*The player can improve Crevaniel (the protagonist)'s relationship the other characters based by choosing the appropriate conversation options. The entire party will have a higher opinion of Crevaniel if the best outcome is achieved in battles ("Mission Clear") .

*A party member's portrait in the status menu gives a clue as to how close their relationship is with the player character; the happier they look, the better their relationship. The player can also ask one of the familiars what various characters think of you.

*The player will have the opportunity to go on "vacations" and with party members, where you will have the chance to talk with the characters and increase your relationship by choosing the correct response.

*By achieving a high enough relationship score with a particular character, you may unlock that character's ending. You may pursue romances with most of the female characters and "bro-mances" with the males. I believe even the familiars can be romanced.

kratoscar2011 please let me know if there is anything that is inaccurate or if I'm missing something important. I'd also like to know which characters can be romanced.

Mission complete and mission Clear increase relationships.

The ending dont only depend on vacations and asnwering questions some characters require (Most) that you fullfil some sidequests that go in hand with the vacation and the friendship status.

Romanceable party members (The ps2 one of course):
Frane (The purple haired girl)
Eraiza/Eliza (The black haired one)
Leona (The cat girl)
Regiena/Regina (The blonde one)

Romanceable non-party members
Sydney (A white haired girl that runs Eraiza mansion)
Mell (A green haired girl that runs a shop)
Type D-LM, D-TP, D-LN (The fairy girls that you choose early in the game)

In the PSP one almost all can be romanceable i guess, again ask Lucethira.

I was going to create a thread about that Daveyd, so you read my mind.

Author:   daveyd
Date:   Apr 01, 12 at 2:34pm (PST)
Lucethira told me that Meleene, Tricia, Pamela, and Maggy are romanceable. Also, Dianna Silvernale is supposedly romanceable but she hasn't been successful yet.

Wow, so that's 14-15 potential partners. That's quite a bit more than most RPGs with romantic subplots. I'll update the OP.

Author:   kratoscar2011
Date:   Apr 04, 12 at 3:49pm (PST)
quote daveyd
Lucethira told me that Meleene, Tricia, Pamela, and Maggy are romanceable. Also, Dianna Silvernale is supposedly romanceable but she hasn't been successful yet.

Wow, so that's 14-15 potential partners. That's quite a bit more than most RPGs with romantic subplots. I'll update the OP.
Yeah there are quite a bunch, I bet that every female can be romanceable (Getting Crevaniel at side by side with Souji as a chick magnet).

Oh yeah:
Sydney

maggy

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.