Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55620/t1721706-growlansers-neoseeker-series-page/8.htm

Author:   CoarseDragon
Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 11:52am (PST)
Subject:   re: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page
-------------------------------------------
quote LOD-squa
Hey Guys,

I recently saw the wiki and decided to help you guys out with how it looks among other things. I fixed the main page so it doesn't look like half the page is covered in text while the other half isn't.

I have also added stuff to the nav bar so that the games can't be accessed easily through that.

I also fixed this page.

Some Suggestions:
  • Making character pages for the other games(if you guys own them)
  • Do an info box for the Wayfarer of time and other games:
{{Infobox
|title = {{PAGENAME}}
|image = [[File:*.jpg]]
|imagecaption = 
|rows =
@@ Release Date = Date
@@ System = System
@@ etc = etc
}}

Etc
  • We could link characters on the header based on games. I can help you guys out with that.

If you guys have any ideas for the nav or the main page let me know and I will work around with the current setup.
Thank you, I did not remember how to do that. I have an Infobox in the Sandbox it needs a border which I have gotten around to doing yet. I'll add it later today.

I want to move those categories off the main page and have a table of contents with a synopsis kind of page as the main page. Perhaps similar to Final Fantasy XIII-2 but with main categories after an introduction.

I also want to add Character Infoboxes to each character. If you could add a Template for that I would very very happy.

I suppose you know about Special: NeoTheme. I am not sure if I can add that myself or if a "Super" needs to add it, but I would like to add that so we can get some color on the page. As I understand it from different threads a color scheme from the tool can be made permanent.

As for me it has been a long time since I worked on Wikis so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not alone on this but I don't think daveyd or kratoscar2011 have any knowledge of coding. They of course know much more about the game than I do, I've never played the Japanese version.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 12:07pm (PST)
That's why I am here to help CoarseDragon.

I can add a border and stuff to the info box; it is pretty simple actually. You can look at The LOD wiki and let me know if you want an info box similar to that. I'm still working on getting my info box set together.

I also wanted to get some color ideas on what you guys would like to do with the Neo theme. I'm not sure if you can do it yourself but I do have staff powers over the wiki so I can help out with that.

I used to be a web designer which is why I can compare much of the stuff and how it is made with html in a sense.

I will do what you guys want; not the other way around. I know it's hard to get wiki's started.

Edit:

I added a border to the Sandbox. You can use the same template for the characters unless you want to do a different one.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 1:25pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
That's why I am here to help CoarseDragon.

I can add a border and stuff to the info box; it is pretty simple actually. You can look at The LOD wiki and let me know if you want an info box similar to that. I'm still working on getting my info box set together.

I also wanted to get some color ideas on what you guys would like to do with the Neo theme. I'm not sure if you can do it yourself but I do have staff powers over the wiki so I can help out with that.

I used to be a web designer which is why I can compare much of the stuff and how it is made with html in a sense.

I will do what you guys want; not the other way around. I know it's hard to get wiki's started.

Edit:

I added a border to the Sandbox. You can use the same template for the characters unless you want to do a different one.
Thanks for the border. I do want the vertical and horizontal lines (as you have in Dart's Infobox) just let me know where to add those and I can do that. Or I can copy from Dart.

That page for Dart is sort of what I had in mind for the Growlanser character pages. If I can use the same Infobox that works for me. Other categories will be similar but since there is no North American release yet some names might be changed - from the fan translation - when Atlus localizes the game. Screen shots of some items may not have correct information, according to Atlus that is. So we have a long way to go yet on some of those things. I am not even able to locate a world map yet which I would like to have in the wiki somewhere.

As for colors...well...I'm not the only one who might have an opinion in that.

There is a lot of color in the game but those colors are not what I would call vibrant. So for me I would like either Burnt sienna or Mexican Red (Burnt Sienna would be my preference). We can always undo that it the others don't like it.

Burnt Sienna

Or

Mexican Red

By the way I really loved Legend of Dragoon. I heard it is, or soon will be, on PSN and even though I still have the game I'll probably buy it anyway

Again thanks for your help

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 2:43pm (PST)
CoarseDragon - I fixed the info box for you. How is that? Anything else you'd like to do to it? I'll look into the color section and see what I can try to make.

I can also try to make a general infobox template for just the game pages if you'd like. Then characters can use the regular info box.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 3:00pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
CoarseDragon - I fixed the info box for you. How is that? Anything else you'd like to do to it? I'll look into the color section and see what I can try to make.

I can also try to make a general infobox template for just the game pages if you'd like. Then characters can use the regular info box.
Yeah, thanks for fixing the Infobox. I was working on it and my connection glitched and it got messed up. I tried to undo it but that did not seem to work. Teach to not save

Not sure what you mean by a General Infobox. Any examples anywhere?

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 3:04pm (PST)
CoarseDragon - FF Wiki That template that they use for the game is a premade one and not much information is given on it. Basically you'll use an infobox and just add basics. It'll look the same on all of them.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 3:08pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
CoarseDragon - FF Wiki That template that they use for the game is a premade one and not much information is given on it. Basically you'll use an infobox and just add basics. It'll look the same on all of them.
Right, the basic Infobox works well. We just may need to modify some colors for different types or skills, items, etc.

We appreciate your help.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 3:13pm (PST)
Eitherway; if the Infobox is ok you can port it over to the main page for the game and make some more for the other games.

I'm looking into the theme and trying to see how to make it look good. Would you like to do a set background color or an image like the LOD wiki?

Author:   daveyd
Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 3:24pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
Eitherway; if the Infobox is ok you can port it over to the main page for the game and make some more for the other games.

I'm looking into the theme and trying to see how to make it look good. Would you like to do a set background color or an image like the LOD wiki?
I like idea of a background image like the LOD page.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 3:37pm (PST)
quote daveyd
quote LOD-squa

I like idea of a background image like the LOD page.
I like that too. How about this one?

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 4:15pm (PST)
^That was one I was thinking of. Too bad there isn't one with the new characters, too.

Otherwise here's one I really like:

Or we could use the wallpaper pic I used for our twitter page background:

But that might be a bit redundant since Lucedeoangel used it to make our header.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 4:23pm (PST)
Feel free to tag my name whenever you guys decide what image to use. Thanks! I will keep looking at the wiki.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 5:20pm (PST)
quote daveyd
^That was one I was thinking of. Too bad there isn't one with the new characters, too.

Otherwise here's one I really like:

But that might be a bit redundant since Lucedeoangel used it to make our header.
I also modified Lucedeoangel's header for our wiki header so we don't want that one.

I like the group shot myself but the one with the wings is pretty cool, however not sure how much of that you get to see with the main page in the way. We want kratoscar2011's opinion too. I'll send a PM.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 10:43pm (PST)
I'm working on throwing something together for the colors. I need your feedback; I can change things as I go. If we are going to use an image we need something big. So it doesn't repeat itself.

I was considering swapping the colors to see how that looks but I would like your input first. Also link colors can be fixed up later; that is the least of my worries.

CoarseDragon daveyd

Date:   Apr 24, 12 at 9:04am (PST)
quote LOD-squa
I'm working on throwing something together for the colors. I need your feedback; I can change things as I go. If we are going to use an image we need something big. So it doesn't repeat itself.

I was considering swapping the colors to see how that looks but I would like your input first. Also link colors can be fixed up later; that is the least of my worries.

CoarseDragon daveyd

I really like the way it looks.

That's pretty much the only decent really large picture I can find related to Wayfarer of Time. It's possible that Atlus USA will post some more wallpapers when they finally update their site but I have a feeling that won't be for at least a month... Would it be easy to switch the background image if we find one we like better later on?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.