Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55620/t1721706-growlansers-neoseeker-series-page/6.htm

Author:   Quetzalcoatl
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 8:22am (PST)
Subject:   re: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page
-------------------------------------------
That would be neat if we find more supporters. Although make sure to contact close friends since I'm not sure how the advertising rules go in the Growlanser Realms forum, that being an external site from this one. As of the minimum supporters, tbh, I haven't worked in the creation of a wiki for over 7 years. Let me notify wiki admins to see what they say in regards to the requirements of getting a wiki created:

Avalith, Dragoon, IN Moition, whelan, Gotenks. Kupo-hi's to ya'll ! We've been wanting to know if there needs to be a minimum of supporters in the wiki pending section in order for a neowiki to be created. Otherwise, what other requirements do you guys need for a series wiki to be created?

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 8:29am (PST)
I believe it's at minimum 5 people who have clicked the "I'll contribute" button.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 10:14am (PST)
Yeah. After five other people(not including the person who requested the wiki), the wiki will be automatically made. You will just need to make up a main page and maybe an idea for the navmenu to help get some links up.

Author:   daveyd
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 12:10pm (PST)
Cool, looks like we just need one more person and we can get started with the wiki!

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 1:04pm (PST)
http://growlanser.neoseeker.com/wiki/Main_Page

Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 3:49am (PST)
I'll probably try to get started on the wiki this afternoon when I get home from work. I don't really have any exp. with wikis (unless wikipedia counts) so I'll have to read all the faqs. I guess the first step is making pages for every game in the series.

Author:   CoarseDragon
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 2:33pm (PST)
I have started already. This may be a problem - not sure. Note in the images below there is a link for "Wiki". I do not find that on the Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time Profile page?

Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 3:38pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
I have started already. This may be a problem - not sure. Note in the images below there is a link for "Wiki". I do not find that on the Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time Profile page?

Hmmm. I think the reason the Skyrim profile page links to a wiki is Skyrim has it's own wiki rather than sharing one with other Elder Scrolls games, whereas the wiki we just created is actually for the entire Growlanser series.... If you go to the Growlanser series page you can see there is a link to the Growlanser NeoWiki there.

Perhaps there's a way for us to add it to each individual Growlanser title's page too...

I like what you've added so far, but our goal is to eventually create wiki articles for entire Growlanser series, correct? In that case I think we may need to Create pages for each separate Growlanser... take a look at the Final Fantasy Wiki for an example (obviously we don't have Spinoff series to worry about but I'm not sure whether we should make separate pages for the PS2 versions of Growlanser I & IV and their enhanced PSP remakes...)

And if I'm not mistaken this means we'll need to have the pages you created for Wayfarer of Time moved to the Growlanser IV wiki page... I think we can request one of the Wikisupers to do that for us...

Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 3:51pm (PST)
quote daveyd
Hmmm. I think the reason the Skyrim profile page links to a wiki is Skyrim has it's own wiki rather than sharing one with all ES games, whereas the wiki we just created is actually for the entire Growlanser series.... If you go to the Growlanser series page you can see there is a link to the Growlanser NeoWiki there.

Perhaps there's a way for us to add it to each individual Growlanser title's page too...

I like what you've added so far, but our goal is to eventually create wiki articles for entire Growlanser series, correct? In that case I think we may need to Create pages for each separate Growlanser... take a look at the Final Fantasy Wiki for an example (obviously we don't have Spinoff series to worry about but I'm not sure whether we should make separate pages for the PS2 versions of Growlanser I & IV and their enhanced PSP remakes...)

And if I'm not mistaken this means we'll need to have the pages you created for Wayfarer of Time moved to the Growlanser IV wiki page... I think we can request one of the Wikisupers to do that for us...
Right now I think we should concentrate on the PSP version of Grownalser. Later we can add wikis to the other games then in the future create a series wiki and migrate the other game wikis to a series wiki. As you pointed out something like Final Fantasy.

Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 6:12pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
Hmmm. I think the reason the Skyrim profile page links to a wiki is Skyrim has it's own wiki rather than sharing one with all ES games, whereas the wiki we just created is actually for the entire Growlanser series.... If you go to the Growlanser series page you can see there is a link to the Growlanser NeoWiki there.

Right now I think we should concentrate on the PSP version of Grownalser. Later we can add wikis to the other games then in the future create a series wiki and migrate the other game wikis to a series wiki. As you pointed out something like Final Fantasy.
I created a Growlanser I page earlier just to figure it out but I agree that Wayfarer of Time should be our priority.

Author:   kratoscar2011
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 6:38pm (PST)
CoarseDragon, Daveyd good work there i too agree that we must focus on the psp one, im trying to figure out some things on the neowiki but no luck so far, still i wont give up.

Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 6:48pm (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
CoarseDragon, Daveyd good work there i too agree that we must focus on the psp one, im trying to figure out some things on the neowiki but no luck so far, still i wont give up.
Well, if you think of anything that needs to be added or edited you can always just let us know and we can add it. Obviously we will eventually add most of the things we've been discussing in the here in the forums; battle system, relationship system, etc.

Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 7:39pm (PST)
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
Well, if you think of anything that needs to be added or edited you can always just let us know and we can add it. Obviously we will eventually add most of the things we've been discussing in the here in the forums; battle system, relationship system, etc.

Sure one of us can do it.

Right now we are a little "plain Jane" but as we get more information to add we can change things around and some really nice stuff.

You guys probably already know but here is the link Wiki. Just a basic layout for now, as I said we can spice it up once we get more material here in the forums. I am trying to move what we have so far to pages in the wiki so we can access them or move them around.

I anyone wants to add a page please do. We can use this thread as sort of a running log.

If you look at the wiki now I added pages for the Playable Characters and Familiars. I'll work on Non Playable characters tomorrow if no one else does.

If you want to add some information about Crevaniel you can search for the name and click on the page link and edit it. That's what I was going for when I started. If anyone has any other ideas let's get them out here.

Date:   Apr 17, 12 at 7:22pm (PST)
OK, I looked at NeoWikis for other RPGs to get ideas on things we could add to WoT's page:

Items
(list of any items in the games such as "Blessing Bells" and their function)

Bestiary (list of monsters- would be nice if we could get pictures but that might be tricky until the game is released... )

Skills / Spells (list of skills / techniques and their function)

Locations: (info on various towns / countries / areas)

Quests Might be best to hold off on this one since it will be spoiler heavy.

Since I haven't played the JP version I don't really know anything about the monsters, skills, items, or locations. I guess we'd need all that info from kratoscar2011 Or has izanagi_the_creator played the JP version, too?

Also might be worth adding info about the Rings and how they work...

Author:   kratoscar2011
Date:   Apr 17, 12 at 8:31pm (PST)
quote daveyd
OK, I looked at NeoWikis for other RPGs to get ideas on things we could add to WoT's page:

Items
(list of any items in the games such as "Blessing Bells" and their function)

Bestiary (list of monsters- would be nice if we could get pictures but that might be tricky until the game is released... )

Skills / Spells (list of skills / techniques and their function)

Locations: (info on various towns / countries / areas)

Quests Might be best to hold off on this one since it will be spoiler heavy.

Since I haven't played the JP version I don't really know anything about the monsters, skills, items, or locations. I guess we'd need all that info from kratoscar2011 Or has izanagi_the_creator played the JP version, too?

Also might be worth adding info about the Rings and how they work...
I could do the item and skills part, about enemies i dont know theyre names so izanagi should take care of that.

The enemies are mostly from Growlanser 3 with some new additions but i dunno if they have the same name.

I could take care of rings too.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.