Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55620/t1721706-growlansers-neoseeker-series-page/5.htm

Author:   kratoscar2011
Date:   Apr 09, 12 at 5:25pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page
-------------------------------------------
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
quote daveyd
I think we should also have a thread explaining the battle system. I could probably make one based on the info in kratoscar2011 's review. Unless someone else wants to do it.
I could do that but until lets say the next weekend since i would want to explain Growlanser series battle system changes from 1 to 2 and from 4 to 5 since those games made dramatic changes from theyre predecesors.
The summary of the battle system in your review of the JP PS2 version is very good. We should just expand on that a bit for the benefit of people who haven't played any Growlanser games.
I think i covered up most of the games battle system but i could try to expand it a little more, but since you played Growlanser 3 i think you will have what it takes to make a good explanation.

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 11:11am (PST)
quote Dynamite
Hey guys.

You're all doing a really good job with building these profile pages. Your work hasn't gone unnoticed!

The forum could use a few more threads, though.
It doesnt seem that way, apart from me, Daveyd, CoarseDragon and Quetzacoatl (He hasnt been here lately though) i dont see too much involment here, no new people (Guildenstern8 is a old growlanser fan from the Realm so he doesnt count as new)have come here making me think that this is Worthless, at least i can talk with fellow growlanser Fans, and that is difficult given the lack of fans so in the end this whole effort doesnt seems like will pay anytime soon, Sadly

Author:   CoarseDragon
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 11:49am (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
quote Dynamite
Hey guys.

You're all doing a really good job with building these profile pages. Your work hasn't gone unnoticed!

The forum could use a few more threads, though.
It doesnt seem that way, apart from me, Daveyd, CoarseDragon and Quetzacoatl (He hasnt been here lately though) i dont see too much involment here, no new people (Guildenstern8 is a old growlanser fan from the Realm so he doesnt count as new)have come here making me think that this is Worthless, at least i can talk with fellow growlanser Fans, and that is difficult given the lack of fans so in the end this whole effort doesnt seems like will pay anytime soon, Sadly
Don't give up just yet. I think we still have a underground kind of game here but as we get closer to release date and we get previews and reviews we will get more interest.

I'm sure this will hit the front page of Neoseeker at some point and then we might see some action. For now though I sort of agree. After all the game will not be not released for three months. We may have jumped a bit to soon but it never hurts to lay a good foundation and that is what we have done here.

Author:   Quetzalcoatl
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 12:56pm (PST)
Don't worry kratoscar2011, were actually getting some views around here . All the effort you guys are putting up has been indeed worthwhile. I'll go ahead and make this a spotlight page corresponding to my section considering that the release date is getting close aside from the top quality information we got around here.

I think we should tweet the forum often. I've had like 2 people (aside from growlanserfans) retweet my growlanser tweets. Using proper hashtags like #growlanser, #PSP, #rpg work too! Were now appearing on the first page of Google search so that's good too. Our goal is to appear in the first spot. That would only be possible by creating more threads that way the google spiders can do better tracking. I really like the threads in this forum. We can still create a wishlist, individual character discussion, rumors, general artwork, likes and dislikes, and any trivial thread that comes up to mind. The more thread and discussions we have around here the more appealing the forums will be for visitors. As Coarsedragon said, we've already set up the information foundation on this forum. We can now start with creating simple topic threads such as what I mentioned earlier on .

I can help you guys with the forum's appeal. Recently we've got a new indexing prefix option which can come into good use. Not to mention, we can give a theme to the forums.

Another excellent way to promote activity and views is by creating a neowiki corresponding to this game. If you guys are willing we can attempt to do that. I'll help you guys on getting in set. The benefits of a neowiki is that we can do an interchangeable activity with wikiembeds. Another great thing is that threads automatically get tied with a wiki page corresponding to the information that the OP provides.

daveyd, kratoscar2011 and CoarseDragon - I admire you guys greatly. You guys brought in lots of information and discussion value to this forum and to the series all together. Members like you 3 is what truly make a gaming community.

Author:   daveyd
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 3:55pm (PST)
quote Quetzalcoatl
I think we should tweet the forum often. I've had like 2 people (aside from growlanserfans) retweet my growlanser tweets. Using proper hashtags like #growlanser, #PSP, #rpg work too! Were now appearing on the first page of Google search so that's good too. Our goal is to appear in the first spot. That would only be possible by creating more threads that way the google spiders can do better tracking. I really like the threads in this forum. We can still create a wishlist, individual character discussion, rumors, general artwork, likes and dislikes, and any trivial thread that comes up to mind. The more thread and discussions we have around here the more appealing the forums will be for visitors. As Coarsedragon said, we've already set up the information foundation on this forum. We can now start with creating simple topic threads such as what I mentioned earlier on .

I can help you guys with the forum's appeal. Recently we've got a new indexing prefix option which can come into good use. Not to mention, we can give a theme to the forums.

Another excellent way to promote activity and views is by creating a neowiki corresponding to this game. If you guys are willing we can attempt to do that. I'll help you guys on getting in set. The benefits of a neowiki is that we can do an interchangeable activity with wikiembeds. Another great thing is that threads automatically get tied with a wiki page corresponding to the information that the OP provides.

daveyd, kratoscar2011 and CoarseDragon - I admire you guys greatly. You guys brought in lots of information and discussion value to this forum and to the series all together. Members like you 3 is what truly make a gaming community.
What exactly would a wishlist thread entail?

I am up for doing a neowiki. Just tell me where to start

It isn't easy to get people who aren't already Growlanser fans excited about a PSP game in 2012, but once some reviews & English trailer are out more people will take notice. And RPG fans who have a Vita will want this game, too.

kratoscar2011 don't lose hope. The reality is most people aren't going to post in these forums until the game is released. Persona 4: The Golden's forum isn't much more active than this and it's a Vita game... Once people actually start playing WoT they will likely have all kinds of questions and then they can benefit from your expertise.

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 5:37pm (PST)
A wishlist is more to what you want or any new features you expect for a game. Although considering this is practically an import, I don't know where that might take us lol. You guys can make threads for just about anything related to the game though. Don't feel discouraged to make single threads for single characters, plots, special weapons or abilities, favorite/least favorite things/characters and whatnot. The game hasn't been released yet but I'm sure all of these discussions could start to pop up once we start to play the game. For any news, article or preview feel free to post threads about it too. You guys have been doing that just fine though .

quote daveyd
I am up for doing a neowiki. Just tell me where to start
That would be awesome . I already made the request to get this wiki created here. Daveyd is already showing his support by supporting that creation of this wiki on the pending wiki page . I notified everyone but just in case, here is the thread: [Request] Growlanser NeoWiki. Right now it would be best to organize any character profiles, game descriptions, and showing the wiki admin team all the work we've put into the profiles such as the concept arts and all the threads here.

Having a neowiki is very beneficial for the community considering that its our source for information and there is always the possibility of using wikiembeds on threads for whichever case that comes upon. Neowikis also increase the chances for the Neoseeker growlanser series pages to appear on the search engines, which that will bring in more fans.

With enough information and support, we'll end up attracting any RPG fanatic or gamer to play the Growlanser franchise.

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 6:39pm (PST)
Quetzalcoatl, the wiki is not setup yet?

We have wiki at work and I do a lot of work on it so I can help out with the wiki.

Do we need to post in the request thread?

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 6:54pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon

We have wiki at work and I do a lot of work on it so I can help out with the wiki.

I guess the admins have to approve our request before we can start working on it. Go here and click the green "I'll Contribute" button next to Growlanser wiki

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 7:01pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon

If you have some experience with wiki's then that'll be a huge plus .

Feel free to post as well in the request thread as well if you wish. By doing so make sure to include that your willing to help in specific or all aspects of the wiki. I'll be talking with the admins in regards to the contributions you guys have done around the series page to show that there is legit support here . As for now do what daveyd said and click on the green 'contribute' button.

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 7:05pm (PST)
quote Quetzalcoatl
quote CoarseDragon

Feel free to post as well in the request thread as well if you wish. By doing so make sure to include that your willing to help in specific or all aspects of the wiki. I'll be talking with the admins in regards to the contributions you guys have done around the series page to show that there is legit support here . As for now do what daveyd said and click on the green 'contribute' button.
Done and done. I want to thank you very much for your support Quetzalcoatl. I'm not sure we could have gotten this far without you.

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 7:32pm (PST)
I'm here to help, serve and I'll always be showing support here . Thanks to everyone that has shown interest. You guys are responsible for breathing life to such a series and believe me, we'll make this the best resource for Growlanser information on the net!

Head ups guys, I just checked on the #growlanser hashtag on twitter and so far were the only ones there. When this game hits America, we'll be getting more visitors since most of the tags will be redirected back here .

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 11:04pm (PST)
Sorry im still sad for the state of things right now, im known for being on the negative side of things.

Im not too creative so create lots of threads you can about Growlanser 4 and i will answer them as soon as i can, only not story related stuff for the spoilers and because i dont know the story in full detail.

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 11:10pm (PST)
That's ok kratoscar2011 were here to help each other . I'm sure that I'll have tons of questions once I buy this game. For now I'll see what threads I can create as a new gamer to this series .

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 11:14pm (PST)
quote Quetzalcoatl
That's ok kratoscar2011 were here to help each other . I'm sure that I'll have tons of questions once I buy this game. For now I'll see what threads I can create as a new gamer to this series .
Sure we need that someone that hasnt played the series in general make the questions.

Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 7:18am (PST)
quote Quetzalcoatl
quote CoarseDragon

Is there a minimum number of supporters we need on board to get our request approved? I think I'll post on the Growlanser Realm forums and see if any fans there are interested in helping.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.