Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55620/t1721706-growlansers-neoseeker-series-page/3.htm

Author:   kratoscar2011
Date:   Mar 22, 12 at 6:48pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page
-------------------------------------------
quote CoarseDragon
You all might like to look at the new images I added today.

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PSP/growlanser_iv_over_reloaded/screens.html

There should be a couple more but they are not posted yet.

-----------------

@ Quetzalcoatl

On another note I wanted to point out that one of my screen shots might not have been accepted because it is a Growlanser Over Reloaded logo shot not a Wayfarer of Time logo shot. I would hate for that discrepancy in names between the Japanese version and the US/EU release to become confusing for newcomers. I have noted that searching for "Wayfarer of Time" does show a page link but that link ends up in this forum which is labeled "Growlanser IV: Over Reloaded Forum". Just a thought.
Yeah thats right CoarseDragon that could be a problem, we should clarify that in the forums.

Author:   daveyd
Date:   Mar 22, 12 at 8:48pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
You all might like to look at the new images I added today.

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PSP/growlanser_iv_over_reloaded/screens.html

There should be a couple more but they are not posted yet.

-----------------

Quetzalcoatl

On another note I wanted to point out that one of my screen shots might not have been accepted because it is a Growlanser Over Reloaded logo shot not a Wayfarer of Time logo shot. I would hate for that discrepancy in names between the Japanese version and the US/EU release to become confusing for newcomers. I have noted that searching for "Wayfarer of Time" does show a page link but that link ends up in this forum which is labeled "Growlanser IV: Over Reloaded Forum". Just a thought.
The "alternate title" (WoT) is the very first thing I contributed to the profile page. Unfortunately, it still redirects to the Japanese name (since that is title Neoseeker had originally). I'm sure most people familiar with the series know they are one and the same, but I agree that it could be rather confusing to newcomers. If it's possible to change it so that the NA title is the default that would be great. If not, I guess we'll just have to deal; we could add a more detailed explanation of the title discrepancy in the background section.

I do like the header image, though.

Author:   Quetzalcoatl
Date:   Mar 22, 12 at 9:14pm (PST)
It'd be best to have the NA title considering it will be the name most will be familiar with once the game is released. The profile is now the NA one so everything seems to be find . All there is to suggest that the warfare alt name be names as the Japanese name and not the NA seem it appears as the NA name. That could be fixed right here while providing a valid link.

Also lucedeoangel is open for any suggestion or changes to the header such as different font color, new components, etc. Thanks for liking the header, we'll try our best to make this forum look as welcoming as possible and best, full with information. Pretty much you guys are responsible for doing the information and providing quality contributions. That will surely brighten up the series and spark the interest of more people not related to the franchise to come and join. Another good way is to write an article for the Neo-Newspaper.

Anything you guys need or want feel free to ask. The contributions done to the series and the lively community being built here has been inspiring and fun all at once.

edit: Ah guys I think I might have gotte n confused here. Which name do you guys want? If its Wayfarer of Time then that could be changed in this page while including a valid source. For further name changes, follow this instructions .

Date:   Mar 22, 12 at 10:16pm (PST)
quote Quetzalcoatl
edit: Ah guys I think I might have gotte n confused here. Which name do you guys want? If its Wayfarer of Time then that could be changed in this page while including a valid source. For further name changes, follow this instructions .
Yes, "Wayfarer of Time" is what we want. The reason Atlus USA changed the name is the original PS2 version was never released in English (and also since it is a self-contained story they didn't want to turn off people new to the series with the "IV" in the title).

I went ahead and submitted the profile name change.

That's also the only suggestion I have to improve the header; Replace the Growlanser IV: Over Reloaded logo with the "Wayfarer of Time" logo, like the one I have in my signature.

Author:   Quetzalcoatl
Date:   Mar 22, 12 at 10:43pm (PST)
Alright I'll go ahead and notify lucedeoangel about that . daveyd, would you be ok if I add your twitter Growlanser's fanpage to the header as well? Twitters nowadays are a good resource for news so might as well have people follow it.

Luce - Gogogo change the logo to this one. please, kupo

Author:   lucedeoangel
Date:   Mar 23, 12 at 4:10am (PST)
Fuuuu, you guys.

Date:   Mar 23, 12 at 5:17am (PST)
^ Looks great, lucedeoangel!

quote Quetzalcoatl
Alright I'll go ahead and notify lucedeoangel about that . daveyd, would you be ok if I add your twitter Growlanser's fanpage to the header as well? Twitters nowadays are a good resource for news so might as well have people follow it.

Luce - Gogogo change the logo to this one. please, kupo
Yeah, that's a great idea.

This message was edited on 2012-03-23T05:49:06-07:00.

Author:   CoarseDragon
Date:   Mar 23, 12 at 6:06pm (PST)
quote lucedeoangel
Fuuuu, you guys.

Excellent. I can assure you we are temporarily eternally grateful.

Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 8:34pm (PST)
Great, the profile change went through, so "Wayfarer of Time" is now the default title. Unfortunately I had submitted it as an alternate title so WoT shows up twice when searching for it, but no big deal

Now we just need to do the series page

I threw together a very rough draft / outline of things we can include on the series page:

"The Growlanser series currently has six installments. The first Growlanser game was developed in 1999 by a Japanese company called Career Soft, which had previously created the Langrisser (Warsong) series. The first game was released on the PSX, and all subsequent games were originally developed for the PS2. In 2009, an enhanced remake of the first game was released for the PSP and in 2011 an enhanced remake of the fourth game was also released for the PSP.

To date only Growlanser II, III, and V have been released outside of Japan. An English translation of the fourth game, Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, is scheduled for North American release on July 24th, 2012 for the PSP.

The Growlanser games feature large casts of memorable characters and dramatic storylines with multiple story branches and endings. A common theme found in the Growlanser series is about the politics of war. All of the titles show many of the devastating effect that war can have on humanity.

The Growlanser series is probably best known for its unique battle system that blends turn-based and real-time strategy. Growlanser games use a free-range movement SRPG battle system. Unlike grid-based SRPGs, a character can move virtually anywhere on the map, avoiding obstacles along the way. In addition, movement speed is based on the amount of MOV points a particular character has. Another unusual aspect of Growlanser's system is that its active-time based rather than strictly turn-based. Instead of each side taking its turn in waves, both sides act based on individual units' speed stats. Melee or ranged attackers must move towards the enemy to connect the blow within its range, while magic users must take the time to chant their spells in exchange for being able to hit enemies from further away. Because actions play out in real-time, a player can interrupt the playable characters' actions at any time to issue new commands.

All Growlanser games feature a complex relationship system with dating sim elements. The player can improve or damage the protagonist's relationship with others based on the conversation options chosen and as well as other major decisions they make in the game. A party member's portrait in the status menu gives a clue as to how close their relationship is with the player character; the happier they look, the better their relationship

The equipment system is also quite different from most RPGs. Characters can equip only two items; one being a suit of armor and the other being a "Ring Weapon", which is a magic ring that can transform into different weapons based on the character's preference. Players find these rings often after the defeat of an enemy and can equip different rings for different stat bonuses and different gem-equip slots. Many types of gems appear in the series that cause various beneficial effects such as adding extra attacks, elemental defenses, or adding spells to the character's repertoire. These gems all have an innate level and that level must match or be lower than the slot available in the Ring weapon to be equipped.
"

I haven't submitted anything yet since I'd like you all to take a look at it so we can determine what needs to be added or elaborated on

Since I've only completed II & III I haven't touched on anything about specific games. (I don't think we need to go into too much detail about that for the series page, just enough to show what makes Growlanser special).

Date:   Mar 25, 12 at 2:26am (PST)
Thats good daveyd .The last part only correspond to grow 2 3 and 4, im trying to do a comparison between grow 1 and 2 Battle system plus some references of Grow 2 toward Grow 1.

Since you and the rest can concentrate on the series page i will try to begin my Growlanser 1 (Psx) review.

If need any info about the japanese growlansers, just ask me

Author:   Dynamite
Date:   Mar 25, 12 at 3:12am (PST)
Hey guys.

You're all doing a really good job with building these profile pages. Your work hasn't gone unnoticed!

The forum could use a few more threads, though.

Author:   CoarseDragon
Date:   Mar 26, 12 at 12:43pm (PST)
quote daveyd
All of the titles show many of the devastating effects that war can have on humanity.
Add an "s" to "effect".

Looks good. Can't think of anything to add at the moment.

quote Dynamite
Dynamite
Hey guys.

You're all doing a really good job with building these profile pages. Your work hasn't gone unnoticed!

Thank you. As we get closer to release date there will be much more to discuss. I would call this the prep phase, then we move on to the build phase, then we fill our structure with treasures, trophies and tidbits for our visitors.

Date:   Mar 26, 12 at 4:26pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
All of the titles show many of the devastating effects that war can have on humanity.
Add an "s" to "effect".

Looks good. Can't think of anything to add at the moment.

quote Dynamite
Dynamite
Hey guys.

Thank you. As we get closer to release date there will be much more to discuss. I would call this the prep phase, then we move on to the build phase, then we fill our structure with treasures, trophies and tidbits for our visitors.
we can do that here? Oh boy i cant wait.

I could create a lot of threads but i doubt we can discuss from a game that hasnt got too much attention.

Date:   Mar 26, 12 at 4:34pm (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
quote CoarseDragon
quote Dynamite
Dynamite
Hey guys.

I could create a lot of threads but i doubt we can discuss from a game that hasnt got too much attention.
Perhaps we could create a general Q&A thread. Since you've actually played the Japanese PS2 version and know a lot more about this game you could help answer questions anyone may have. Obviously we want to keep it spoiler free but I'm sure many people would like to more specific things regarding the gameplay.

Date:   Mar 26, 12 at 4:39pm (PST)
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
quote CoarseDragon
quote Dynamite
Dynamite
Hey guys.

Perhaps we could create a general Q&A thread. Since you've actually played the Japanese PS2 version and know a lot more about this game you could help answer questions anyone may have. Obviously we want to keep it spoiler free but I'm sure many people would like to more specific things regarding the gameplay.
Lets try that.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.