Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page - page 14

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55620/t1721706-growlansers-neoseeker-series-page/14.htm

Author:   CoarseDragon
Date:   May 09, 12 at 12:24pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page
-------------------------------------------
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
Im worried about Crevaniel.

In the PS2 version there are only 8 spaces to add a name and Crevaniel has 9, and since ATLUS dont have progammers then the only option would be to change his name.

Another thing is that the Intros will most likely left out like in Growlanser 5 that the characters introduction was lef out, im still happy to get the game but i would like the game to have all the features.
Hmmm, perhaps there's more spaces in the PSP version? Otherwise they may just change the spelling to Crevanel. Unless they decide to totally Westernize it and make his default name Bob or something

By character intros, do you mean this video?

Like I said I can live w/o voice acting outside the cutscenes but I agree that I'd like all the content.
I have good news and bad news.

Good news first: Atlus sent me a list of every character in the game and the NEW names! Also I have their permission to use those names in the Wiki!

Some bad news however: Many names are changed including Crevanel who will become Crevanille. Now what that means is lots of page/name changes. Pretty sad about that

I'll be adding the list to this thread as soon as I get it sorted out, and both of you have had time to read this, also if you guys can help out with whatever information you might know.

There are several I do not recognize (and a few more):
  1. Pocaccha
  2. Josef
  3. Professor Ninja
Professor Ninja? Could that be Master Hien? I don't know but none of those names are even close to any of the characters listed on Growlanser Realm... unless they're minor characters that Luce didn't even list...

Anyway, I guess the only way to change the spellings is to create a new page with the correct spelling and copy and paste the info from the old page, right? That's not such a big deal except we'll have some duplicate pages to delete.
No, Hien is listed as unchanged. Some of these are minor characters like "Receptionist". Probably a generic name for several different persons - arena comes to mind. Some of these names might be shop keepers or quest givers or perhaps even just named people you can talk with in towns.

For example Josef might be the guy who tells you such-and-such town in north of here and he does nothing else in the game.

If we had the game we would know

Author:   kratoscar2011
Date:   May 10, 12 at 3:46am (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
Im worried about Crevaniel.

In the PS2 version there are only 8 spaces to add a name and Crevaniel has 9, and since ATLUS dont have progammers then the only option would be to change his name.

Another thing is that the Intros will most likely left out like in Growlanser 5 that the characters introduction was lef out, im still happy to get the game but i would like the game to have all the features.
Hmmm, perhaps there's more spaces in the PSP version? Otherwise they may just change the spelling to Crevanel. Unless they decide to totally Westernize it and make his default name Bob or something

By character intros, do you mean this video?

Like I said I can live w/o voice acting outside the cutscenes but I agree that I'd like all the content.
I have good news and bad news.

Good news first: Atlus sent me a list of every character in the game and the NEW names! Also I have their permission to use those names in the Wiki!

Some bad news however: Many names are changed including Crevanel who will become Crevanille. Now what that means is lots of page/name changes. Pretty sad about that

I'll be adding the list to this thread as soon as I get it sorted out, and both of you have had time to read this, also if you guys can help out with whatever information you might know.

There are several I do not recognize (and a few more):
  1. Pocaccha
  2. Josef
  3. Professor Ninja
Professor Ninja? Could that be Master Hien? I don't know but none of those names are even close to any of the characters listed on Growlanser Realm... unless they're minor characters that Luce didn't even list...

Anyway, I guess the only way to change the spellings is to create a new page with the correct spelling and copy and paste the info from the old page, right? That's not such a big deal except we'll have some duplicate pages to delete.
No, Hien is listed as unchanged. Some of these are minor characters like "Receptionist". Probably a generic name for several different persons - arena comes to mind. Some of these names might be shop keepers or quest givers or perhaps even just named people you can talk with in towns.

For example Josef might be the guy who tells you such-and-such town in north of here and he does nothing else in the game.

If we had the game we would know

First im sad that people would know Crevaniel as Crevanille, second this further ensure that the intro wont be it, and third how you manage to ask and receive anything from ATLUS?

As far as names those dont seem to ring a bell for me, i hope that the party can maintain the names.

Date:   May 10, 12 at 11:57am (PST)
daveyd - kratoscar2011

I asked Atlus support for the any information and sent them the link to our Wiki and they were very pleased so they sent me the names and gave me permission to use them on the Wiki. Our work on the wiki has paid off. If we get lucky we might get a mention on the web page for Wayfarer of Time (we can dream anyway). So we need to keep the Wiki clean and professional and I am working on that everyday (almost).

I already updated *Crevanille and *Meline in the Wiki. The other names we already have are good.

In addition to the names I do not know (in the spoiler) we have this change for the Familiars and I have no idea how to correlate those names.

Familiar D-PT Model
Familiar D-YN Model
Familiar D-RM Model
Familiar D-MD Model

Guess that's it for now.

Author:   daveyd
Date:   May 10, 12 at 2:43pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
In addition to the names I do not know (in the spoiler) we have this change for the Familiars and I have no idea how to correlate those names.

Familiar D-PT Model
Familiar D-YN Model
Familiar D-RM Model
Familiar D-MD Model
My best guess is that D-TP was changed to D-PT
D-LN was changed to D-YN
D-LM was changed to D-RM

That's the only possibility that makes any sense.

As for the list of unknown characters I was wondering could
Lumis Lichtmann = Roomise Rhitman? Or was Roomise already on the list?

I'm also guessing that Crestfer Ordineil could have been changed to "Christopher"

Also, I assume the following names were changed:

Bower -> Bauer
Blunteer -> Bryntir
Alphonce -> Alfonse
Maggy -> Maggie
Kergill -> Cargill
Youriel -> Uriel
Achiel -> Akyel
Alicia -> Alice
Mell -> Melfi
Dianna Silvernale = Diana

I'm guessing most of the other characters are rather minor NPCs who probably do not even have a Urushihara portrait, so I don't know if we even would want to include them in the wiki...

This message was edited on 2012-05-10T15:06:37-07:00.

Date:   May 10, 12 at 2:53pm (PST)
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon

Familiar D-PT Model
Familiar D-YN Model
Familiar D-RM Model
Familiar D-MD Model
My best guess is that D-TP was changed to D-PT
D-LN was changed to D-YN
D-LM was changed to D-RM

That's the only thing that makes sense.

As for the list of unknown characters I was wondering could

Lumis Lichtmann = Roomise Rhitman? Or was Roomise already on the list? Also I would guess that "Guster" might be what they changed "Vester" to.

I'm also guessing that Crestfer Ordineil could have been changed to "Christopher"

Also, I assume the following names were changed:

Bower -> Bauer
Alphonce -> Alfonse
Maggy -> Maggie
Kergill -> Cargill
Youriel -> Uriel
Achiel -> Akyel
Deringer -> Delinge
Dianna Silvernale = Diana

I'm guessing most of the other characters are rather minor NPCs who probably do not have a Urushihara portrait, so I don't know if we even should include them in the wiki...
Those look good to me.

Note "Silverneil" is in the list which I think means the last name is being changed.

I think these in the spoiler are correct already.

Alicia -> Alice -> Princess Alicia: This is good
Mell -> Melfi -> Mel: This is good

Mell -> Mel
Alicia -> Princess Alicia

WOW, there is so much to do.

Date:   May 10, 12 at 2:58pm (PST)
I'm guessing *Muntzer is what they're calling Belhart Munzer?

And obviously Leader of the Death Wings = Death Wing Captain.

This message was edited on 2012-05-10T15:09:32-07:00.

Date:   May 10, 12 at 5:41pm (PST)
quote daveyd
I'm guessing *Muntzer is what they're calling Belhart Munzer?

And obviously Leader of the Death Wings = Death Wing Captain.
I believe you are right on both of those.

Date:   May 11, 12 at 7:54am (PST)
I changed Crevanille to the main page, and playable characters.

Date:   May 11, 12 at 10:54am (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
Great, thanks. I had quite got around to that yet. I am making a list of what we know about the other name changes and I'll get to that soon enough. But if anyone wants to give it a go have at it.

Lucethira told me that these are name choices for the Familiars. If one of you can shed some light on that it would be great. My guess is that after you choose your Familiar you can then choose one of these names. I think we can just add that to each Familiar page, if it is correct.

Pitti - name choice for familiar
Yuni - name choice for familiar
Raimy - name choice for familiar

Date:   May 11, 12 at 7:03pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
quote kratoscar2011
Great, thanks. I had quite got around to that yet. I am making a list of what we know about the other name changes and I'll get to that soon enough. But if anyone wants to give it a go have at it.

Lucethira told me that these are name choices for the Familiars. If one of you can shed some light on that it would be great. My guess is that after you choose your Familiar you can then choose one of these names. I think we can just add that to each Familiar page, if it is correct.

Pitti - name choice for familiar
Yuni - name choice for familiar
Raimy - name choice for familiar
exactly, when the familiar is born you can choose one of three names for the fairy familiar and easch one has three different name and so raymi is only for D-LM

Date:   May 11, 12 at 7:28pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
EDIT: OK, I'm guessing that Rudvich was changed to Ludwig.

Looking at the list of changed names, the only character we have a page for that isn't accounted for is the "King of Valcaneer" but I have no idea which of the remaining unknown characters he is:

This message was edited on 2012-05-12T16:08:20-07:00.

Author:   Quetzalcoatl
Date:   May 12, 12 at 7:12pm (PST)
Wow... You guys are doing an amazing job with the neowiki
I've been reading through the pages and learning more about Growlanser .

BTW guys, you can use the wiki embed code to embed wiki articles into the neoforums. This wikiembed code is located on the right side of the panel ;D. This could come pretty useful .
[[we.growlanser:Crevanille]]

Well that's my small input lol. I'm a total newb when it comes to wikis .

Date:   May 14, 12 at 5:08pm (PST)
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
EDIT: OK, I'm guessing that Rudvich was changed to Ludwig.

Looking at the list of changed names, the only character we have a page for that isn't accounted for is the "King of Valcaneer" but I have no idea which of the remaining unknown characters he is:

I don't see any name for the King either. Not sure what to make of that.

kratoscar2011
Lucethira seemed to think that there are only the three names and you choose one of the names for your Familiar. If that is not correct then we are missing a name.

Date:   May 14, 12 at 5:09pm (PST)
quote Quetzalcoatl
Wow... You guys are doing an amazing job with the neowiki
I've been reading through the pages and learning more about Growlanser .

BTW guys, you can use the wiki embed code to embed wiki articles into the neoforums. This wikiembed code is located on the right side of the panel ;D. This could come pretty useful .

Well that's my small input lol. I'm a total newb when it comes to wikis .
I have used that before. It probably will come in handy as things move along.

Date:   May 16, 12 at 6:22am (PST)
I guess we may have to wait until the game is released to find out what the King's name has been changed to.

I think I've changed all of the other names that needed to be changed.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that a few of the unknown characters in Atlus' list have the same name as characters from Growlanser I (PSP); Melfi, Justin, and Ghevel... And "Dungeon Lady" is a character that appears in Heritage of War (V) and Precarious World (VI). Not sure if any of these are actually the same character though or if it's just a coincidence.

This message was edited on 2012-05-16T06:46:25-07:00.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.