Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page - page 11

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55620/t1721706-growlansers-neoseeker-series-page/11.htm

Author:   daveyd
Date:   Apr 29, 12 at 4:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page
-------------------------------------------
quote Guildenstern8
I hope you dont mind my meddling but i edited slayn's page to gain knowledge of the tagging system. Its been a while since i worked with html/xml and i noticed the wiki structure is somehow different. Im reading Dragoon's link for the documentation of the wiki but i have to confess i havent went through all the posts . Im not much help with wayfarer and to be very honest i dont like to know much about the game before i play it so im avoiding to "research" about it. You can totaly count on me for Dual Darkness, Heritage and Justice tho. Also, let me know if there is any pattern you guys prefer that i follow for reediting later.

PS: The picture is cute.
That's a great start for Slayn's page. I realized as I started to add the characters for Heritage of War I'm not sure which ones are playable (I basically just started playing that game). So if you can check the list to see if anyone else should added that would be a big help.

Author:   Guildenstern8
Date:   Apr 30, 12 at 12:30pm (PST)
quote daveyd
quote Guildenstern8
I hope you dont mind my meddling but i edited slayn's page to gain knowledge of the tagging system. Its been a while since i worked with html/xml and i noticed the wiki structure is somehow different. Im reading Dragoon's link for the documentation of the wiki but i have to confess i havent went through all the posts . Im not much help with wayfarer and to be very honest i dont like to know much about the game before i play it so im avoiding to "research" about it. You can totaly count on me for Dual Darkness, Heritage and Justice tho. Also, let me know if there is any pattern you guys prefer that i follow for reediting later.

PS: The picture is cute.
That's a great start for Slayn's page. I realized as I started to add the characters for Heritage of War I'm not sure which ones are playable (I basically just started playing that game). So if you can check the list to see if anyone else should added that would be a big help.
I made a list, it needs to be edited asap, there is also the problem that i forgot under wich name Alasdir joined Randall.

Author:   CoarseDragon
Date:   Apr 30, 12 at 3:41pm (PST)
quote Dragoon
Hey guys, a little advise from me.

Pages like this aren't really something we want to encourage. You can yeild the same database by categorising your pages by adding [[Category:Bestiary]] when editing a page. If you take a look at the Category:Bestiary page on heroesofruin.neo you'll see exactly the kind of organisation that comes from categorising a page rather than having a 'general' page. The organisation within categories is all automatic so you don't need to manually alphabetise it. But in the linked example you can see not only do I have an alphabetised list, but also 'sub categories' that list larger groups of things that also exist in a bestiary category such as Bosses, Mini Bosses and even Bestiary Families.

For a comprehensive explanation of how categories (and sub-categories) work, check out this guide in the NeoWiki Best Practices and Help forum.

Hope this helped and keep up the brilliant work.
Unless there is an easier way you are basically suggesting we manually re-work all our existing pages into categories.

I hope you can tell me an easy way to do that. Some kind of tool somewhere. Otherwise all our character pages would need to be copied to a category page, is that right?

Author:   Guildenstern8
Date:   Apr 30, 12 at 6:16pm (PST)
We should probably plan that first tho. Make a [category:character] and mark seldous and wein with it would be useful as a general index to browse all chars from the series but we would also need a [category:player character (Growlanser 3)] to replace the general player character page.

Date:   Apr 30, 12 at 6:59pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
Unless there is an easier way you are basically suggesting we manually re-work all our existing pages into categories.

I hope you can tell me an easy way to do that. Some kind of tool somewhere. Otherwise all our character pages would need to be copied to a category page, is that right?
quote Guildenstern8
We should probably plan that first tho. Make a [category:character] and mark seldous and wein with it would be useful as a general index to browse all chars from the series but we would also need a [category:player character (Growlanser 3)] to replace the general player character page.
Edit: Alright I played around with it a bit using Carmaine / the other characters from Growlanser I / II. Its actually not as difficult as we thought; basically just involves copying and pasting the correct category tags to all the character pages.

Take a look at what I did to to Carmaine's page. If that works we can do the same for the WoT characters.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   May 01, 12 at 1:30am (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
quote Dragoon
Hey guys, a little advise from me.

Pages like this aren't really something we want to encourage. You can yeild the same database by categorising your pages by adding [[Category:Bestiary]] when editing a page. If you take a look at the Category:Bestiary page on heroesofruin.neo you'll see exactly the kind of organisation that comes from categorising a page rather than having a 'general' page. The organisation within categories is all automatic so you don't need to manually alphabetise it. But in the linked example you can see not only do I have an alphabetised list, but also 'sub categories' that list larger groups of things that also exist in a bestiary category such as Bosses, Mini Bosses and even Bestiary Families.

For a comprehensive explanation of how categories (and sub-categories) work, check out this guide in the NeoWiki Best Practices and Help forum.

Hope this helped and keep up the brilliant work.
Not at all. But pages that simply list things like Monsters in a game are better suited as categories than fully fledged pages.

Date:   May 01, 12 at 11:38am (PST)
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon

quote Guildenstern8
Edit: Alright I played around with it a bit using Carmaine / the other characters from Growlanser I / II. Its actually not as difficult as we thought; basically just involves copying and pasting the correct category tags to all the character pages.

Take a look at what I did to to Carmaine's page. If that works we can do the same for the WoT characters.
That page looks fine. Are there any characters in Wayfarer of Time that appear in any other game?

Date:   May 01, 12 at 12:10pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon

quote Guildenstern8

That page looks fine. Are there any characters in Wayfarer of Time that appear in any other game?
Not that I'm aware of. One of the familiars (D-LM) has the same character design as Raimy from GIII but I don't think they're actually supposed to be the same character.

Date:   May 01, 12 at 12:18pm (PST)
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon

quote Guildenstern8

Not that I'm aware of. One of the familiars (D-LM) has the same character design as Raimy from GIII but I don't think they're actually supposed to be the same character.
I ask because we want to be careful about categories and keep characters and other things separate.

Date:   May 01, 12 at 7:09pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon

quote Guildenstern8

I ask because we want to be careful about categories and keep characters and other things separate.
OK, I added categories for all of the character from 1-3 and WoT. It should be easy to keep character categories separate from others (like Bosses). For ex: I made Growlanser WoT characters a subcategory of Characters and WoT Player Characters is a subcategory of Growlanser WoT characterss. Now we just need to finish filling the individual character pages with info

Date:   May 02, 12 at 12:04pm (PST)
quote daveyd
This is getting to be pretty awesome.

Sorry I have not done much the last few days, been pretty busy with work.

Author:   kratoscar2011
Date:   May 02, 12 at 6:12pm (PST)
hi i havent bee around too much since i have been busy in school around May 20 i will get vacations a Lot of time so i will be focusing on the Wiki and Replay Growlanser 4 so i can get pictures of the enemies and such so dont touch the following sections:

The colisseum, i have a file where i havent begun the Colisseum so i can begin from scratch, adding enemies per round, elm cost, prizes and screen shots.

The fairy system: The fairy sistem is quite easy and i need screenshots of the dollhouse fairy training and such.

The bestiary: I can take pictures of the enemies using the scan of the game and in the scan i can get the enemies hp, mp, attack, etc.

The ability learning system. using screenshots i will be able to explain the ability learning quite easily.

Ring system: Using screenshots i can make a good explanation.

As characters appearing in grow 4 D-LM is a different Raymi version however you can name her Raymi and you can Face Homunculus that resemble grow 2 and 3 characters, the Dungeon lady of 3.

Date:   May 02, 12 at 7:51pm (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
hi i havent bee around too much since i have been busy in school around May 20 i will get vacations a Lot of time so i will be focusing on the Wiki and Replay Growlanser 4 so i can get pictures of the enemies and such so dont touch the following sections:

The colisseum, i have a file where i havent begun the Colisseum so i can begin from scratch, adding enemies per round, elm cost, prizes and screen shots.

The fairy system: The fairy sistem is quite easy and i need screenshots of the dollhouse fairy training and such.

The bestiary: I can take pictures of the enemies using the scan of the game and in the scan i can get the enemies hp, mp, attack, etc.

The ability learning system. using screenshots i will be able to explain the ability learning quite easily.

As characters appearing in grow 4 D-LM is a different Raymi version however you can name her Raymi and you can Face Homunculus that resemble grow 2 and 3 characters, the Dungeon lady of 3.
Those will be great additions to the wiki.

Date:   May 03, 12 at 2:58pm (PST)
I found an unlabeled world map and added a section for [[Category:Locations]]. I have a fan book for that has a world map in it but the locations are in Japanese. I'm going to try to scan and see if anyone around here can translate that text.

Date:   May 03, 12 at 3:59pm (PST)
quote kratoscar2011

Awesome. I'll focus mainly on the character pages as that's the only thing I really have any info about. But when you get a chance, can you tell me which Growlanser VI characters are playable (can join your party at some point)? All I know for sure is Merklich and Wendy are playable.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.