Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page - page 10

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55620/t1721706-growlansers-neoseeker-series-page/10.htm

Author:   CoarseDragon
Date:   Apr 25, 12 at 3:08pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page
-------------------------------------------
Well other than an image for "Items" I think we have a main page. I am satisfied with the colors, images and layout. If there are any suggestions for alternate images or captions please speak up. Otherwise and until we have much more to go on the body of work needs to be in the other pages.

kratoscar2011 and daveyd if you two have no objections I think we can have LOD-squa move this page and the color schema to the actual main page.

I know we still need things like world locations, character quotes meeting places, and probably lots other things I'm not thinking of but some of that might/will need to come from the actual game.

I'll keep searching for some image to represent "Items" but if anyone has something please add it and let me know.

Starting tomorrow afternoon (Thursday April 25th) I'm out of town until very late Sunday but I'll be around Thursday morning.

Author:   kratoscar2011
Date:   Apr 25, 12 at 4:31pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
Well other than an image for "Items" I think we have a main page. I am satisfied with the colors, images and layout. If there are any suggestions for alternate images or captions please speak up. Otherwise and until we have much more to go on the body of work needs to be in the other pages.

kratoscar2011 and daveyd if you two have no objections I think we can have LOD-squa move this page and the color schema to the actual main page.

I know we still need things like world locations, character quotes meeting places, and probably lots other things I'm not thinking of but some of that might/will need to come from the actual game.

I'll keep searching for some image to represent "Items" but if anyone has something please add it and let me know.

Starting tomorrow afternoon (Thursday April 25th) I'm out of town until very late Sunday but I'll be around Thursday morning.
Im okay with that, have a good trip.

Author:   daveyd
Date:   Apr 25, 12 at 4:38pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon

Looks great. I like the color scheme and everything. Perhaps this picture would be good for the romance page:

Not that the current one is bad. Can't think of one for items atm.

Date:   Apr 25, 12 at 5:18pm (PST)
quote daveyd
Looks great. I like the color scheme and everything. Perhaps this picture would be good for the romance page:

Image removed...

Not that the current one is bad. Can't think of one for items atm.
I looked at hundreds of images and I never saw that one anywhere. Yeah it is really good. I'll upload it to the wiki's image area.? We can use it some where. We can also rotate images every week or so, keep the page fresh. When we get more frm Atlus we should have lots to choose from.

LOD-squa please move this page to our main page when you have time. I would move it but I do not know how to add the color theme. Thanks

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Apr 25, 12 at 6:18pm (PST)
CoarseDragon - You can move this page to here just by copying and pasting the code.

I did apply the theme to the whole wiki though.

Edit: I went ahead and ported the pages btw.

Date:   Apr 25, 12 at 7:14pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
CoarseDragon - You can move this page to here just by copying and pasting the code.

I did apply the theme to the whole wiki though.

Edit: I went ahead and ported the pages btw.
Thank you very much.

Date:   Apr 25, 12 at 7:17pm (PST)
Anything else you guys want to do? Any question relating on how to do certain things on the wiki?

CoarseDragon daveyd kratoscar2011

Date:   Apr 25, 12 at 7:49pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
Anything else you guys want to do? Any question relating on how to do certain things on the wiki?

Not I, I have to get ready for my short vacation at the beach :D.

I'm sure I'll think of something by the time I get back. We are off to a good start. I think now we just need to work on the other pages and get them in good shape.

Date:   Apr 26, 12 at 12:13pm (PST)
Got it. I will be demoting from the wiki soon but if you guys have any questions feel free to tag me or PM me. There is also the wiki forums they can help you there.

Date:   Apr 26, 12 at 12:14pm (PST)
One quick update before I leave. I modified Crevaniel's page by adding an Infobox. Eventually I'd like to do this for all characters.

LOD-squa - Want to thank you for your help. Really appreciate it.

Date:   Apr 26, 12 at 4:07pm (PST)
quote LOD-squa
Got it. I will be demoting from the wiki soon but if you guys have any questions feel free to tag me or PM me. There is also the wiki forums they can help you there.

Thanks. I am going to begin adding info to the pages for the other games in the series. I am starting to get the hang of things and I can use the existing pages as an example but I'll let you know if I have any questions.

Btw guys, the growlanserfans twitter page is starting to get more followers and people have been re-tweeting the recent tweets. People are getting excited as we get closer to release date and hopefully a few will join us here in the neoseeker forums

Date:   Apr 26, 12 at 8:07pm (PST)
You guys are welcome. I saw that you guys needed the right guidance so I decided to help you out. Keep up the good work and like I said, keep us posted if you need anything else.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Apr 27, 12 at 2:12am (PST)
Hey guys, a little advise from me.

Pages like this aren't really something we want to encourage. You can yeild the same database by categorising your pages by adding [[Category:Bestiary]] when editing a page. If you take a look at the Category:Bestiary page on heroesofruin.neo you'll see exactly the kind of organisation that comes from categorising a page rather than having a 'general' page. The organisation within categories is all automatic so you don't need to manually alphabetise it. But in the linked example you can see not only do I have an alphabetised list, but also 'sub categories' that list larger groups of things that also exist in a bestiary category such as Bosses, Mini Bosses and even Bestiary Families.

For a comprehensive explanation of how categories (and sub-categories) work, check out this guide in the NeoWiki Best Practices and Help forum.

Hope this helped and keep up the brilliant work.

Date:   Apr 28, 12 at 10:49am (PST)
Alright I started adding character pages for Growlanser II and III. For now I'm just uploading pictures and we can add in info later. If anyone wants to add some info to their pages go right ahead, otherwise I'll get to it eventually.

Also added a Growlanser IV soundtrack page which links to the mixpod.

Author:   Guildenstern8
Date:   Apr 28, 12 at 6:38pm (PST)
quote daveyd
Alright I started adding character pages for Growlanser II and III. For now I'm just uploading pictures and we can add in info later. If anyone wants to add some info to their pages go right ahead, otherwise I'll get to it eventually.

Also added a Growlanser IV soundtrack page which links to the mixpod.
I hope you dont mind my meddling but i edited slayn's page to gain knowledge of the tagging system. Its been a while since i worked with html/xml and i noticed the wiki structure is somehow different. Im reading Dragoon's link for the documentation of the wiki but i have to confess i havent went through all the posts . Im not much help with wayfarer and to be very honest i dont like to know much about the game before i play it so im avoiding to "research" about it. You can totaly count on me for Dual Darkness, Heritage and Justice tho. Also, let me know if there is any pattern you guys prefer that i follow for reediting later.

PS: The picture is cute.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.