Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55620/t1721706-growlansers-neoseeker-series-page/

Author:   Quetzalcoatl
Date:   Mar 16, 12 at 12:31am (PST)
Subject:   Growlanser's Neoseeker series page
-------------------------------------------
Hi guys! We've recently noticed the growing interest in the Growlanser series that it would be beneficial to talk about the series page. The series page for Growlanser would be located right -->here<---. The page is pretty much empty... Neoseeker series pages are a brief introduction and general history in regards to such a series. Take the Final Fantasy seriespage as an example; as you see, it has rich content and the game's profiles have contributions, fanarts, neowiki pages, topics and reviews submitted to them. Growlanser series can also have all that and more! With proper contributions and an active community, we can make Neoseeker's growlanser series profiles a reliable source for information and a general hangout for fans.

Stuff that needs to be worked on: There can be more aspects but for now that can be our main goals. If this works out, we could also request a neowiki .

If you guys have any questions or want to suggest/request anything around the forums feel free to contact the local mod corresponding to that section. Were here to help the community with tools and if possible, with information as well. I'm as excited as all of you with this series and I admittedly say that it was the community that was built RIGHT here in this forum. kratoscar2011 alraedy took his time to promote such series in the RPG social forum on Neoseeker (here). let's we all do the same .

Author:   kratoscar2011
Date:   Mar 16, 12 at 10:31am (PST)
Subject:   re: Growlanser's Neoseeker series page
Thanks for the thread Quetzalcoatl i hope people get to know the series and decide to give it a chance of course i will be adding content so such goal can be achieved.

Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 7:09am (PST)
im in the works of a review of the original psx Growlanser(In my mind) but i think the franchise history should be prioritary so which one should i focuse first?.

Author:   daveyd
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 6:14pm (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
im in the works of a review of the original psx Growlanser(In my mind) but i think the franchise history should be prioritary so which one should i focuse first?.
I'd say the series page would be most important.

I'm only familiar with Growlanser 2, 3, and 5 (which I just started). I guess the series page should probably focus mainly on 2, 3, 4, and 5 since they're the ones that currently have English releases but some general background history on Growlanser 1 (and 6 for that matter) would be very useful for the series page.

One thing the page should probably mention is the common theme of war, since I believe all the Growlanser games show the harshness of war. Can you think of any other common themes in the series?

My understanding of the series timeline is this:

3-->1-->2
5-->6

Growlanser 2 is a direct sequel to Growlanser 1. Growlanser 3 is a prequel to Growlanser 1. Growlanser 4 takes place in a separate universe. Growlanser 6 is a direct sequel to Growlanser 5. Is all of that correct?

Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 6:44pm (PST)
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011

I'm only familiar with Growlanser 2, 3, and 5 (which I just started). I guess the series page should probably focus mainly on 2, 3, 4, and 5 since they're the ones that currently have English releases but some general background history on Growlanser 1 (and 6 for that matter) would be very useful for the series page.

One thing the page should probably mention is the common theme of war, since I believe all the Growlanser games show the harshness of war. Can you think of any other common themes in the series?

3-->1-->2
5-->6

Growlanser 2 is a direct sequel to Growlanser 1. Growlanser 3 is a prequel to Growlanser 1. Growlanser 4 takes place in a separate universe. Growlanser 6 is a direct sequel to Growlanser 5. Is all of that correct?
You did your homework .

Yes war is a common theme along with politics and in most games the War is manipulated by some third party (Sometimes the true enemy).

I could focus first on the growlanser 3, 1 and 2 timeline since to fully understand growlanser 2, growlanser 1 should be added. What im concerned is that i need info about Career Soft, and that is hard to come by. Another thing is the spoiling of Growlanser 1 since if we get the psp port of 1 that would kill the mood for some players (You included). So could you give me a lead of how should i proceed.

Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 8:40pm (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011

3-->1-->2
5-->6

You did your homework .

Yes war is a common theme along with politics and in most games the War is manipulated by some third party (Sometimes the true enemy).

I could focus first on the growlanser 3, 1 and 2 timeline since to fully understand growlanser 2, growlanser 1 should be added. What im concerned is that i need info about Career Soft, and that is hard to come by. Another thing is the spoiling of Growlanser 1 since if we get the psp port of 1 that would kill the mood for some players (You included). So could you give me a lead of how should i proceed.
I guess the best thing to do is to focus mainly on the gameplay for Growlanser 1. If you could compare the combat system to Growlanser 2 that would be helpful.

I read the basic story description for G1 up on Growlanser Realm site so I have a general idea of the plot. The only connection I I really know of between 1 and 2 is that they take place in the same continent and time period and Carmaine and Xenos become party members in II. If you can think of any more ways to connect 1 to 2 (while avoiding any spoilers) that would be good.

We don't really need to go into a lot of detail for the plot of the games, but we want just enough to make them sound interesting to people who haven't played any of the games.

Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 8:52pm (PST)
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011

3-->1-->2
5-->6

You did your homework .

I guess the best thing to do is to focus mainly on the gameplay for Growlanser 1. If you could compare the combat system to Growlanser 2 that would be helpful.

I read the basic story description for G1 up on Growlanser Realm site so I have a general idea of the plot. The only connection I I really know of between 1 and 2 is that they take place in the same continent and time period and Carmaine and Xenos become party members in II. If you can think of any more ways to connect 1 to 2 (while avoiding any spoilers) that would be good.

We don't really need to go into a lot of detail for the plot of the games, but we want just enough to make them sound interesting to people who haven't played any of the games.
I will send you tomorrow or tuesday a notepad file with the difference between Growlanser 1 and 2 battle system, plus some story connection between them, so you can edit it.

By the way how is the TV topes project going? be sure to not work up out

Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 10:20am (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
I will send you tomorrow or tuesday a notepad file with the difference between Growlanser 1 and 2 battle system, plus some story connection between them, so you can edit it.

Thanks.

I'm adding the trope suggestions you posted on Atlus forums today. Then I will start adding Growlanser examples in all of the tropes' respective pages.

Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 10:36am (PST)
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011

Thanks.

I'm adding the trope suggestions you posted on Atlus forums today. Then I will start adding Growlanser examples in all of the tropes' respective pages.
i will add some more tommorrow. I guess i should send the notepad file to CoarseDragon, so you can relax a little

Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 10:46am (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011

Thanks.

i will add some more tommorrow. I guess i should send the notepad file to CoarseDragon, so you can relax a little
Or you could just copy and paste notepad file and post it here in this thread of you like.

Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 10:54am (PST)
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011

Thanks.

Or you could just copy and paste notepad file and post it here in this thread of you like.
With my grammar errors to the public eye? no way

Author:   CoarseDragon
Date:   Mar 20, 12 at 10:58am (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011

Thanks.

With my grammar errors to the public eye? no way
The review is almost done. Just need to confirm images from the game that could be added and I'll send it back to kratoscar2011.

Date:   Mar 20, 12 at 3:37pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
The review is almost done. Just need to confirm images from the game that could be added and I'll send it back to kratoscar2011.
I will check it soon i cant right now.

Author:   CoarseDragon
Date:   Mar 20, 12 at 5:23pm (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
quote CoarseDragon
I will check it soon i cant right now.
No rush.

Date:   Mar 20, 12 at 7:55pm (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
The only information I've ever been able to find about CareerSoft is that they were acquired by Atlus in 2001. I'm not sure whether they are even considered a separate studio at this point or if they have been fully integrated into Atlus.

This message was edited on 2012-07-12T11:24:58-07:00.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.