Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Introduction Thread - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55620/t1716372-introduction-thread/

Author:   daveyd
Date:   Feb 18, 12 at 12:41pm (PST)
Subject:   Introduction Thread
-------------------------------------------
Hopefully more Growlanser fans will show up so I'm not basically talking to myself

Hi, My name is Dave. I'm a huge fan of the Growlanser series. Growlanser 2 & 3 (packaged as Growlanser Generations) were two of my favorite RPGs. I'm also a big fan of the Shining Force series. I'm very excited for Growlanser IV aka Wayfarer of Time as I hear it's the best in the series.

Author:   Quetzalcoatl
Date:   Feb 19, 12 at 1:18am (PST)
Subject:   re: Introduction Thread
I haven't played this series yet but if its similar to Shining Force then be expecting me to try the game once its released. My name is Oscar by the way and I'm a huge RPG fan .

Date:   Feb 19, 12 at 3:27am (PST)
quote Quetzalcoatl
I haven't played this series yet but if its similar to Shining Force then be expecting me to try the game once its released. My name is Oscar by the way and I'm a huge RPG fan .
Even though the battle system is different I (along with many other Growlanser fans I've talked to) think it has a similar feel to Shining Force games. One thing I love about the battles is that killing all of the enemies isn't always your objective; much like in SF 3. During some battles there are NPCs that will be killed unless your party can rescue them in time. Whether or not you complete these objectives can affect the story branches and ultimately which ending you get.

Author:   kratoscar2011
Date:   Feb 24, 12 at 5:54pm (PST)
quote Quetzalcoatl
My name is oscar too (Kratos of god of war and my last 3 letters of my name are what compose my avatar). Im a huge Growlanser fan that i even completed the japanese ones and i dont know the heck of anything in Japanese.

Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 4:56pm (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
My name is oscar too (Kratos of god of war and my last 3 letters of my name are what compose my avatar). Im a huge Growlanser fan that i even completed the japanese ones and i dont know the heck of anything in Japanese.
Hi kratoscar2011

Don't forget to submit your review of this game here when you get a chance

Author:   CoarseDragon
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 9:24pm (PST)
Guess I'm one of the few who made it here from Atlus' forums. I always liked Growlanser from the very first time I played Growlanser Generations (way back when that first came out). Since then I've picked up every Growlanser that has been released in the U.S. I'll get this one too. I can hardly wait.

Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 12:06am (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
Guess I'm one of the few who made it here from Atlus' forums. I always liked Growlanser from the very first time I played Growlanser Generations (way back when that first came out). Since then I've picked up every Growlanser that has been released in the U.S. I'll get this one too. I can hardly wait.
Good you are a true fan not like most people in atlus forums that call themselves fans.

Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 3:21am (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
quote CoarseDragon
Good you are a true fan not like most people in atlus forums that call themselves fans.
I am a true fan of most any RPG but Growlanser is special. It has the most unique style of any game I ever played.

I was always jealous of the players in Japan who got the this game. Now I very happy I get to play it.

I recall it was Heritage of War that really got to remember how really good Growlanser is. Before that I played Generations but it was such a long time in between those two I sort of forgot how good the stories and game-play were. It will be good to get another Growlanser in my hands.

Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 3:33am (PST)
Welcome to the forum Coarsedragon . Its great to see people coming in here .

Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 5:47pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon
quote kratoscar2011
quote CoarseDragon
I am a true fan of most any RPG but Growlanser is special. It has the most unique style of any game I ever played.

I was always jealous of the players in Japan who got the this game. Now I very happy I get to play it.

I recall it was Heritage of War that really got to remember how really good Growlanser is. Before that I played Generations but it was such a long time in between those two I sort of forgot how good the stories and game-play were. It will be good to get another Growlanser in my hands.
Ultra fan Alert:). When someone say than he really liked Heritage (I sure do)of war then he is really a Growlanser fan.

Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 11:36pm (PST)
quote kratoscar2011
quote CoarseDragon
quote kratoscar2011
quote CoarseDragon

Ultra fan Alert. When someone say than he really liked Heritage (I sure do)of war then he is really a Growlanser fan.
I have to plead guilty on that one. I enjoy RPGs and will buy most any one after I check into it a bit but there are a few series that I'll buy sight unseen and Growlanser happens to be one of them. SMT, Personas and Disgaea would be another bunch I'd buy sight unseen. Oh, Elder scrolls too I suppose.

quote Quetzalcoatl
Welcome to the forum Coarsedragon . Its great to see people coming in here .
Thanks, my pleasure

Date:   Mar 01, 12 at 12:51pm (PST)
quote CoarseDragon

Hi Coarsedragon

I'm glad you made it here. Hopefully more of the fans from Atlus forum / Growlanser Realm will join us here once the game is actually released.

I really need to get Heritage of War again and give it another chance. When I first got HoW I was disappointed with the changes to the battle system. Somehow I didn't realize that you can control all of your party members like the earlier games if you want to.

Date:   Mar 02, 12 at 1:26am (PST)
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon

Hi Coarsedragon

I'm glad you made it here. Hopefully more of the fans from Atlus forum / Growlanser Realm will join us here once the game is actually released.

I really need to get Heritage of War again and give it another chance. When I first got HoW I was disappointed with the changes to the battle system. Somehow I didn't realize that you can control all of your party members like the earlier games if you want to.
I recall that was not to clear at first not like Generations was. Once you got the hang of the system it was really fun. Since then I had been so hoping we would get another one over in the states. I for one am very happy about this.

One thing I kind of hope they don't do is change party memebers quite as much as they did in HoW. That was a bit annoying at times, but that made for a great story so guess I shouldn't complain to much.

Author:   Guildenstern8
Date:   Mar 17, 12 at 6:32pm (PST)
Hello everyone. Im a new Growlanser fan as i played Generations, my first grow, less then one year ago. Im a big fan of rpgs in general and grow was one of the few games that i wanted to play on ps2 before i retired the console. I borrowed it from a friend (that refuses to sell me the copy>_>) and it quickly became one of my favorite jrpgs ever.
Unfortunately, i never played Heritage of War and i doubt i will since i dont know anyone that owns it and i cant find for purchase anywhere. Its part of the pain of living Brazil i guess... Anyway, i couldnt believe when this game was announced, i was so excited! Ill kinda get a psp for this game (and a few others that came out ). Btw, whoever does the artwork of this game is kind of a monster.

Date:   Mar 17, 12 at 8:01pm (PST)
Welcome to the Growlansers forum Guildenstern8 !

Feel free to create new topics around the forums as well as visiting the growlansers series page . Neoseeker is a nice and unitifed community so you you'll surely enjoy it here.

If you got any questions or want some guidance don't hesistate to ask. Were here to help.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.