Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Quick question? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55317/t1762993-quick-question/

Author:   Kurai_Miu
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 2:55am (PST)
Subject:   Quick question?
-------------------------------------------
Is spamming same move over and over like welcomed in tekken cause that's all I've seen ppl do when in ranked match, honestly I'm new to tekken it's my first one got it cause a good friend wanted to play together. But if that's all ppl in ranked matches to is down someone and spam a kick or do the same 3 hit combo over and over then was all the time I spent so far learning a lot of Jun's combos in vain. I admit im not great yet but if just spamming is all ppl do I'm discouraged to play ranked anymore and just do rooms with friends and kick spammers.

Author:   Gamesta100
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 3:16am (PST)
Subject:   re: Quick question?
It's not "welcomed" in any fighter but every fighter is full of them. Many gamers don't give a damn about fun. Many only care about win/loss ratios and if spamming and taking all the fun out of the game gets them many wins and few losses then so be it.

That's why I don't like playing fighters online.

Author:   Kurai_Miu
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 9:54am (PST)
quote Gamesta100
It's not "welcomed" in any fighter but every fighter is full of them. Many gamers don't give a damn about fun. Many only care about win/loss ratios and if spamming and taking all the fun out of the game gets them many wins and few losses then so be it.

That's why I don't like playing fighters online.
Thanks for the answer, it's really sad if all they care about is win/Loss ratio. To be honest I don't care if I lose it's just a game but would prefer to lose to people with skill not ones who spam 2 buttons all match. Just means I'll half to learn my friends tactic of punishing spammers by blocking and fluidly going into a jun 10 hit combo spam storm to show them how much it sucks to get spammed.

Author:   Mnmfan
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 12:20pm (PST)
I lost 8 matches before I got a single win when playing online. It's a shame but I guess if you want to play a normal match just invite a friend. As soon as the trophy popped for getting to 1st Dan I quit.
Every game has it's fair share of assholes online. Shooters have campers, racers have rammers and fighters have spammers.

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 1:08am (PST)
Yeah, I've lost online a lot due to spammers. I still do enjoy playing it online, but it would be better without those spammers. At least I often come across non-spammers too.

Author:   MMT
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 10:34pm (PST)
My advice to you is play with your friends for now.
Learn characters, moves and general gameplay.
There is always a way out from every move in Tekken, one day, you'll know the moves and you'll see how to get around them.
A quick way of getting around it is just block for now, and identify whether the move hits high, mid or a low.
Highs you can duck, lows you can parry.

Good luck man, I wish I can give you a demo. Spammers are very rarely good players, they spam to compensate for every other aspect of the game that they lack, which is.. everything else.

Dont get discouraged, just avoid online until you and your friends figure out a bit more about the game..
Its an awesome game, by the way, been playing it for a while.

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 2:19am (PST)
It gets pretty ridiculous at times. There's been spammers that managed to get a perfect on me.

Author:   MMT
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 6:16pm (PST)
If you don't know how to get around the move, it generally ends up in a perfect.
With Lili, if in doubt, down+rk+lk, just not in the middle of the string..

Happens to anyone man..

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 2:42am (PST)
Oh, that move. That launches you so high in the air. Yeah, I guess I could try that.

Author:   Sakuraba Neku
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 9:43am (PST)
You guys should learn how to punish that shit instead of bitching about those mean cheap spammers. Fighting games are more fun when you know how to play, I promise.

Author:   Fire Fox
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 11:44pm (PST)
^ This. I just got the game, so I'm practicing my combos and going towards Tekken Lord in offline for the time being.

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 2:24am (PST)
I just got to Tekken Lord offline a few days ago with Lili. I couldn't imagine how long it would take to get to the top ranking, True Tekken God, which is 100th Dan.

Author:   Horse
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 9:28am (PST)
quote Kokoro
I just got to Tekken Lord offline a few days ago with Lili. I couldn't imagine how long it would take to get to the top ranking, True Tekken God, which is 100th Dan.
Just a few matches after Tekken God. I got it in about 450 wins overall. What's cool is that it unlocks the fire-style rage for the character you achieved the rank with.

One thing that riles me up about this game is the prevalence of throw spammers. What is absolutely *bleep*ing stupid about this game is that there are THREE different types of throw escapes. What's funny? The tutorial mode with Combot only shows ONE. You've either gotta press 1, 2, or 1+2 depending on the throw. Mash out the wrong button(s) and it won't work.

This is gloooooory for all those online throw spammers. They can just mix up throws and you either have to look at which side of their body they are using to throw you (which is pretty much impossible online, or in general really) or guess which throw escape to use. It's *bleep*ing ridiculous, and a reason why once I hit 1st Dan online for the trophy, I *bleep*ed off online altogether. Almost as bad as people who spam lows and/or Capoeira. The Tekken series in general is just too mash-and-spam-friendly.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 1:57am (PST)
quote Horse
quote Kokoro
Just a few matches after Tekken God. I got it in about 450 wins overall. What's cool is that it unlocks the fire-style rage for the character you achieved the rank with.
Oh, really? I had the feeling it would take a while after Tekken God, but I guess I was wrong. Well, I should try to get there with Lili soon.

Author:   Fire Fox
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 5:03am (PST)
Oh, I didn't know about this True Tekken God thing, I'll give it a try. After the platinum, I'm now trying out the "new" characters. Currently in love with Kunimitsu. <3

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.