Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: So, who has this game? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55317/t1759674-so-who-has-this-game/

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Sep 11, 12 at 9:37pm (PST)
Subject:   So, who has this game?
-------------------------------------------
I pre-ordered my copy, but it has yet to arrive here. I really can't wait. So, who has gotten this game already? Maybe post some first impressions too.

This forum has been dead, but I hope to see some posters here now that the game is out.

Author:   Deception
Date:   Sep 11, 12 at 10:27pm (PST)
Subject:   re: So, who has this game?
quote Kokoro
I pre-ordered my copy, but it has yet to arrive here. I really can't wait. So, who has gotten this game already? Maybe post some first impressions too.

This forum has been dead, but I hope to see some posters here now that the game is out.

Game comes out tommorrow here, I was meant to work a night shift but got it changed to a morning shift so I could get this game after work

I had no idea it was even coming out until a few weeks back and was stoked as hell, huge Tekken fan since the first one.

Author:   DestiniesFool
Date:   Sep 12, 12 at 3:47am (PST)
I have to wait until Friday for my copy but I'm planning an 'all dayer' once I get it. Tekken 3 was the high point in the series for me personally, (six being the low). Can't wait, Friday seems faaarrr away.

Date:   Sep 12, 12 at 11:08pm (PST)
quote Deception
quote Kokoro

Game comes out tommorrow here, I was meant to work a night shift but got it changed to a morning shift so I could get this game after work

I had no idea it was even coming out until a few weeks back and was stoked as hell, huge Tekken fan since the first one.
Wow. I've known about it ever since the Arcade version was announced back in 2010 and I've been waiting for the console version to come out ever since.

My copy still hasn't arrived here yet, but it most likely will later today, according to my tracking.

Author:   Horse
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 8:15am (PST)
So, Kokoro, played it yet?

Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 12:28am (PST)
quote Horse
Yes, I have it now and I'm enjoying it. I'm liking Jun and the new moves they have give her. Lili + Jun has been my main team so far.

How about you? Have you played it yet or do you have it?

Date:   Sep 15, 12 at 9:41pm (PST)
quote Kokoro
quote Horse
Yes, I have it now and I'm enjoying it. I'm liking Jun and the new moves they have give her. Lili + Jun has been my main team so far.

I do indeed have it. As soon as I started I jumped straight into things with Paul and Kazuya, but one thing that's really set me off is the lack of customisation. I can understand that they have done this to better the online experience, but why don't they just disable certain aspects of customisation for online? I suppose I am being a little narrow-minded. Having 4 characters on the screen at once is no small feat; I guess going from T6 with my massive mecha-Jack to TTT2 with...nothing really...is just somewhat disappointing.

The fact you have to unlock the customisation parts as well is extremely frustrating. I have no idea how to unlock what things for which character...I just want to make cool-looking characters and kick ass with them!

I do intend on making a team of Jinpachi and True Ogre; Jinpachi to me is a very strong character and Ogre has freaking snakes for an arm! You play as Lili...do you intend to pick up Sebastian when they release him? Haha a kick-ass butler...not quite Valkenhayn R. Hellsing, but funny nonetheless.

What the hell's with 'Chicken Points' online anyway? It seems you can earn 'Chicken Points', and upgrade a chicken on the bottom corner of your screen from a regular one, to a 'great' chicken, and so on...they really don't specify much.

Eh, what's new anyway...Kunimitsu does WAAAAAAY too much damage, even without a tag assault (90 damage BnB solo combo? Shit) and Capoeira spammers are more prevalent than ever.

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 12:55am (PST)
quote Horse
quote Kokoro
quote Horse

I do indeed have it. As soon as I started I jumped straight into things with Paul and Kazuya, but one thing that's really set me off is the lack of customisation. I can understand that they have done this to better the online experience, but why don't they just disable certain aspects of customisation for online? I suppose I am being a little narrow-minded. Having 4 characters on the screen at once is no small feat; I guess going from T6 with my massive mecha-Jack to TTT2 with...nothing really...is just somewhat disappointing.

The fact you have to unlock the customisation parts as well is extremely frustrating. I have no idea how to unlock what things for which character...I just want to make cool-looking characters and kick ass with them!

I do intend on making a team of Jinpachi and True Ogre; Jinpachi to me is a very strong character and Ogre has freaking snakes for an arm! You play as Lili...do you intend to pick up Sebastian when they release him? Haha a kick-ass butler...not quite Valkenhayn R. Hellsing, but funny nonetheless.

What the hell's with 'Chicken Points' online anyway? It seems you can earn 'Chicken Points', and upgrade a chicken on the bottom corner of your screen from a regular one, to a 'great' chicken, and so on...they really don't specify much.

Eh, what's new anyway...Kunimitsu does WAAAAAAY too much damage, even without a tag assault (90 damage BnB solo combo? Shit) and Capoeira spammers are more prevalent than ever.
Yeah, I'm disappointed with the lack of customization items in this too. I thought I heard it was support to be more advanced than the one from Tekken 6. But at least I can have characters like Lili in a bikini now.

Yeah, I'll try out Sebastian, but I can't see myself using him nearly as much as Lili.

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 7:39pm (PST)
quote Kokoro
quote Horse
quote Kokoro
quote Horse

Yeah, I'm disappointed with the lack of customization items in this too. I thought I heard it was support to be more advanced than the one from Tekken 6. But at least I can have characters like Lili in a bikini now.

Yeah, I'll try out Sebastian, but I can't see myself using him nearly as much as Lili.

Ah, so you got the bikini pack then? It's pretty strange but ha.

I got a lucky box not long ago. Literally EIGHT lucky boxes appeared on the screen and gave me a shit ton of money, as well as a ticket.

Oh, one thing I didn't realise - in Ghost mode, you can get items easily by picking the next fight with a gold bar across it.

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 11:48pm (PST)
quote Horse
Ah, so you got the bikini pack then? It's pretty strange but ha.

I got a lucky box not long ago. Literally EIGHT lucky boxes appeared on the screen and gave me a shit ton of money, as well as a ticket.

Oh, one thing I didn't realise - in Ghost mode, you can get items easily by picking the next fight with a gold bar across it.
Yeah, I did. I pre-ordered it from GameStop and it was included as a pre-order bonus. I also got the four DLC characters. But yeah, I've been using Lili in that bikini a lot.

Oh, I didn't know that. That's interesting.

Author:   nWo2012
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 10:37am (PST)
Subject:   re:
Yeah, I just got this on my birthday last week on Sept. 12. The first people I picked was Leo and Alisa.

I am also Dramatized by Jaycee's fighting stance. At first it looks like she was just doing Julia's regular fighting stance, then she started jumping and loosinging up and everything LOL. Her Fighting stance is Awesome.

The Customization theme is, OMG words can't describe how EPIC the song is. It's Like a Hot classic 80's beat.

Author:   rock8346
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 12:12am (PST)
I don't own it yet, but I will definitely be buying it.

Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 1:53am (PST)
quote nWo2012
Yeah, I just got this on my birthday last week on Sept. 12. The first people I picked was Leo and Alisa.

I am also Dramatized by Jaycee's fighting stance. At first it looks like she was just doing Julia's regular fighting stance, then she started jumping and loosinging up and everything LOL. Her Fighting stance is Awesome.

The Customization theme is, OMG words can't describe how EPIC the song is. It's Like a Hot classic 80's beat.
Yeah, I really like the changes they have made to Julia in this game. Hopefully, this new fighting style of her's will stick around in future Tekken games.

Author:   Fire Fox
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 11:46pm (PST)
Unlocking customization items is gay. That is all. *back to playing*

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 2:36am (PST)
The customization in the game in general is lacking, compared to Tekken 6. Perhaps they'll release some customization packs in the future as DLC.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.