Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Those who have the game, what are your first thoughts? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55238/t1826706-those-who-have-game-your-first-thoughts/

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Feb 04, 13 at 9:20pm (PST)
Subject:   Those who have the game, what are your first thoughts?
-------------------------------------------
So, despite the major shipping screw-up that his pervented this game from hitting the streets, we do know it is indeed released.

So anyone (who is playing it) feel free to give their first impressions of the game here. Just try to avoid spoilers.

Author:   demoncatjuston
Date:   Feb 04, 13 at 10:36pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Those who have the game, what are your first thoughts?
I like that you can pick "casual mode" where if a unit falls in battle, it's not perma-death.

There is a "Classic" mode which has the perma-death thing.

I think that's what stopped me from playing the last few, my short temper and OCD wouldn't let me continue without getting every character.

Author:   Quixotic
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 7:24am (PST)
I'm enjoying it so far. The interactions between characters are good, and the animated cutscenes are great.

Currently on Chapter 3.

Author:   XXIV
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 8:03am (PST)
Thrawn
Oh, its AMAZING!!!1! I love shipping all the characters, and all their interactions are hilarious. OH GODS ITS AWESOME!!!1!
Bet you wish you had it ;D

Author:   Pikachu
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 9:22am (PST)
I'm enjoying it so far. Only disappointment for me right now is the lack (so far) of an open world. :( I don't like shooting from place to place on the world map.

Author:   Pheonyx
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 11:11am (PST)
The opening cinematic is the best opening to a Fire Emblem game ever.

I'm trying to figure out how difficult this game is going to get. At first I was thinking Path of Radiance difficulty but now I'm getting worried that it'll jump to Radiant Dawn difficulty. Of course I'm playing on Hard so that may have something to do with it. Still, I don't remember having to face Wyvern Riders as early as Chapter 5 in any other games.

Fun fact: Enemy reinforcements can move and attack the same turn they spawn.

Supports feel like they're easier to build up. Like I said, only on Chapter 5 and I already have a B support and several C's. Its probably due to the fact that they did away with the 5 supports total limit. There's also a barracks like in PoR/RD, where you can listen to conversations from your units and gain experience and stuff. Unfortunately the conversations are little more than "Great job on the battlefield today/I'll do my best!"

The double-teaming system is quite fun, and I hope it sticks around for future games. Although its incredibly disappointing to see a cavalier run around with your character in the battle animation and not have it do anything.

Anyway, really enjoying it. Hope I don't have to let someone die to get past this darned chapter...

Author:   Ground
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 11:48am (PST)
I got it at Target yesterday no issue. The answer to actually getting the game is that it's a Monday Nintendo Release and that GameStop and most stores period can't be trusted with them. Didn't have this, didn't have Shadow Dragon, didn't have Pokemon Rumble Blast, didn't have PMD Explorers of Sky, didn't have Golden Sun Dark Dawn, didn't have Dragon Quest VI, didn't have Fossil Fighters Champions, and many many more for more than the past four years. Pretty much every Target in a 100 mile radius had it at some point yesterday. And Fred Meyers never let me down back in Oregon.

Anyway, it's fun.

Author:   Tenshi
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 11:50am (PST)
quote Pikachu
I'm enjoying it so far. Only disappointment for me right now is the lack (so far) of an open world. I don't like shooting from place to place on the world map.
Well, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn don't even have overworld maps. As far as I know, most FE games don't. So even the overworld map is an extra, imo.

Pheonyx - Is there BEXP? Also, Reinforcements spawning and attacking same turn sounds painful. Especially since there's no guidebook to know where reinforcements are coming in?

Seriously, that's my main thing right now. I'm pretty annoyed that there's no guide. I need an easy way to look at all the classes, stat caps, item locations, skills, etc. etc.

*In before someone directs me to Serene Forest*

Author:   Pikachu
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 11:52am (PST)
Tenshi
This is my first FE game. So yeah, I didn't know :<

Author:   Tenshi
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 11:59am (PST)
Yeah, Pikachu, in PoR and RD basically you just go:

Base Camp > Battle > Base Camp > Battle > Repeat x 30 > Game Over.

Author:   GlancingReverse
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 12:21pm (PST)
No BEXP, but there are optional skrimishes you can fight whenever.

Same turn reinforcemets are something they dropped in FE7, but the're bringing bc for Hard nd above since SD. It's not as bad as it sounds, since reinforcements pretty much only come from forts, if I've heard correctly.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 12:34pm (PST)
I'm on Normal, reinforcements came from forts in one stage. I had to block up the forts to stop them from spawning. I THINK they could act, but they didn't come every single turn or anything.

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 12:37pm (PST)
Reinforcements being able to attack on the same turn they spawn has the potential to become really old, really quick.

Author:   GlancingReverse
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 12:48pm (PST)
I really like it, because it forces you to be cautious and aware of the map while treating every fort as a deathtrap.

Author:   XXIV
Date:   Feb 05, 13 at 1:34pm (PST)
I'm on chapter 10 I believe, right after *spoiler censor*. Such a sad scene.
Anyway, some maps do have reinforcements coming from off screen, such as in chapter 9 with four Wyvern Riders.
Also, if you want to maximize gold making and support levels, buy reeking boxes. That's why all my female characters are married (PS, GaiusXMaribelle forever <3). Enemies will always drop a gold boullion (S), meaning you make back what you spent and more.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.