Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: What monsters will this have? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55166/t1773760-monsters-this-have/

Author:   king ganondorf
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 12:02pm (PST)
Subject:   What monsters will this have?
-------------------------------------------
I know nothing is set in stone yet, but i thought i should ask.
Do you guys have any ideas what monsters this will have?
What I mean is will this have monsters from portable 3rd?
Because I know it has the Stygian Zinogre with the original being portable 3rds flagship monster, thus this got me thinking that some of the P3rd monsters will be in this.
Thanks in advance.

Author:   Kholdstare
Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 2:25pm (PST)
Subject:   re: What monsters will this have?
quote king ganondorf
Because I know it has the Stygian Zinogre with the original being portable 3rds flagship monster, thus this got me thinking that some of the P3rd monsters will be in this.
Thanks in advance.
I think it haz everything from MH3G

Author:   king ganondorf
Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 3:10am (PST)
quote Kholdstare
quote king ganondorf
Thanks in advance.
I think it haz everything from MH3G
Great, that's what I'm hoping for, some of the new monsters look amazing

Author:   Tancuras
Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 5:56am (PST)
Everything from Tri and P3rd put together, plus some new monsters (or old, like the Plesioth). They're also retaining swimming. It's gonna be nice to play with the P3rd weapon types underwater

I wonder if they're bringing in Amatsumagatsuchi, I never got to fight him with other people. I had to solo everything.

Author:   Xeros the Slayer
Date:   Oct 19, 12 at 8:44pm (PST)
quote Tancuras
Everything from Tri and P3rd put together, plus some new monsters (or old, like the Plesioth). They're also retaining swimming. It's gonna be nice to play with the P3rd weapon types underwater

I wonder if they're bringing in Amatsumagatsuchi, I never got to fight him with other people. I had to solo everything.
I have Tri G so I can say for certain there's no Amatsumagatsuchi or Tigrex. Tri G came out so soon after P3rd HD that they still wanted some form of exclusive content to keep people buying it.

The recolors are also a hell of a lot better than the second gen's stuff, where the alts have completely different attack patterns and abilities instead of the "it's stronger because it's different" nonsense.

As an example even the raths work differently; pink rathian has a spinning backflip attack with a larger attack range, azure los flies even more than the regular and can seamlessly move between high and low flight and both have exploding bites when angry.

Duramboros' desert dwelling cousin is covered in muck and sand instead of moss and has an axe like tail as opposed to a hammer.

And on another bit of good news - Dual swords and gunlances are pretty much the same underwater as they are on land, and the new quick look function is incredibly useful while swimming.

Author:   Tancuras
Date:   Oct 21, 12 at 10:20pm (PST)
Hi Xeros

Quick look, that's the lock-on thing, right? Snaps your view to the monster? The elitist, hipster part of me gets irritated that they're making the game easier. "I was good at it before they added lock on" blah blah. I try to keep it under control.

That is all good news, though. I love all the new content. I was looking at the G-level armors and how they all get updated appearances...so psyched. And the new element, the blast thing. Have you tried it out? Know how exactly it works? It's nice that they added a simple "extra damage" element.

Author:   Xeros the Slayer
Date:   Oct 22, 12 at 10:38pm (PST)
It's a quick-look not a full lock on, basically an alternate re-centering for the camera. It's nicer than you'd think it'd be.

If you're not up to using that the touch screen dpad that replaces the right stick for camera controls is really responsive and you can make it larger which is even better, on the jp version I have it take up the whole right side of my touch screen. I came into playing thinking it'd be pretty awkward but it worked really well.

As for the brachy plasma it's more of a status effect, but it's not affected by any status or element boosting or debuffing effects. They only come from Brachydios' weapons and do flat damage after going through a few stages, and it stacks with every player using it. Think of it like poison, after a certain amount of triggers it kicks in but instead of DoT it's a flat rate that ignores defense because it's an explosion.

Author:   wildfire
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 8:05am (PST)
These are the monsters that will be in the new game :

Great Jaggi, Great Baggi, Qurupeco, Qurupeco Subspecies, Royal Ludroth, Royal Ludroth Subspecies, Barroth, Barroth Subspecies, Gigginox, Gigginox Subspecies, Uragaan, Uragaan Subspecies, Barioth, Barioth Subspecies, Agnaktor, Agnaktor Subspecies, Rathalos, Azure Rathalos, Silver Rathalos, Rathian, Pink Rathian, Gold Rathian, Diablos, Black Diablos, Plesioth, Green Plesioth, Lagombi, Dosufurogi, Duramboros, Rust Duramboros, Hapurubokka, Nargacuga, Nargacuga Subspecies, Nargacuga Rare Species, Arzuros, Rangurotora, Zinogre, Stygian Zinogre, Gobul, Ceadeus, Ceadeus Subspecies, Lagiacrus, Lagiacrus Subspecies, Lagiacrus Rare Species, Brachydios, Deviljho, Jhen Mohran, Jhen Mohran Subspecies, Alatreon, Guran-Miraosu

there's some 40 large monsters to get armor and weapons from! You could seriously go for quite a while and not see someone else wearing your armor, especially if it was mixed.

and there is a ton of monsters. Don't believe me check out the wiki:

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Monsters

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.