Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: One Great Big Save - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1763384-one-great-big-save/

Author:   berglufc
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 5:13am (PST)
Subject:   One Great Big Save
-------------------------------------------
Right lads

Ive been thinking of doing 1 last big save untill FM13 comes out soon, pref in the Premier League.

I want to get a active discussion going to keep me up on the save. I was thinking teams like;

West Brom
QPR
Aston Villa
Newcastle
West Ham

If i had to go outside of England the team i would only play is;

AS Monaco

But if anyone else has a reccomendation i will happily agree and if there is a few of us i will make a Team Discussion and hopfully get a few others to play

Thanx

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 5:22am (PST)
Subject:   re: One Great Big Save
How about a save in the Bundesliga? Quite a few members are managing in Germany and I started my last save last night as Gladbach, seems like a good challenge.

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 6:00am (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
How about a save in the Bundesliga? Quite a few members are managing in Germany and I started my last save last night as Gladbach, seems like a good challenge.
ive just had a little peek at the Bundesliga, i might fancy Hamburg, decent squad and not won the Bundesliga since 1983.

Author:   jazzydrury
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 6:22am (PST)
I might try a Bristol Rovers save, only reason is i only live about 4 miles from there ground in real life

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 6:32am (PST)
strange im from yorkshire but used to work in bristol about 1000 meter from the ground :-)

think im going to go with spurs ( i know they wean't mentioned up top ) but going to make my own tactic and hopefully make them a top European club

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 9:13am (PST)
you could always try this, quite a few people have done it for a "big last save"

Author:   RAT_Dave
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 11:04am (PST)
Swansea, as they pay off debts after a year and then you have money and can win the league if you buy right, ala me! Also, Stuttgart always produce 2/3 amazing players every year, could be them?

Author:   Pauljones7
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 10:34pm (PST)
Personally I'd go for Newcastle or Swansea

Author:   ricky706
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 11:30am (PST)
I am currently enjoying a good save with Birmingham City.

I am just about to start my 5th season with them and each month I am making a profit which is unusual for me with a team outside the top 3 or 4!

I have won the Championship first season, the League Cup third season, the FA Cup fourth season and lost in the final of the Europa League. Strangely I beat Arsenal in the finals of the League Cup and FA Cup and they still have not won a trophy since the game started.

They have a good enough squad to get promotion but not masses amounts of money unless you get taken over which I did but by Michael Wisemen and he didn't give me any funds! He has taken £20mil out my budget the last 2 seasons though to expand my stadium!

It is a good challenge and probably my best save on FM12. I reccommend it!

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 12:32pm (PST)
quote ricky706
I am currently enjoying a good save with Birmingham City.

I am just about to start my 5th season with them and each month I am making a profit which is unusual for me with a team outside the top 3 or 4!

I have won the Championship first season, the League Cup third season, the FA Cup fourth season and lost in the final of the Europa League. Strangely I beat Arsenal in the finals of the League Cup and FA Cup and they still have not won a trophy since the game started.

They have a good enough squad to get promotion but not masses amounts of money unless you get taken over which I did but by Michael Wisemen and he didn't give me any funds! He has taken £20mil out my budget the last 2 seasons though to expand my stadium!

It is a good challenge and probably my best save on FM12. I reccommend it!

I started with leeds ( my team ) , first season i won in the play off final after finishing 4th. Gotto 4th round of FA cup too.

Just going through pre season in my 2nd season. Hopefully ill get a takeover soon as bates is ' happy to stay '.

Trying to produce my own youth and get leeds back to the good old days

Author:   ricky706
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 1:41pm (PST)
berglufc

There is just something more pleasing about being succesful with your own team espesially when you don't support one of the bigger teams.

Leeds have the potential to get back up to the top with sound investment and they have good youth facilities so hopefully you get some good regens!

Let us know how you get on.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 4:48am (PST)
quote ricky706
berglufc

There is just something more pleasing about being succesful with your own team espesially when you don't support one of the bigger teams.

Leeds have the potential to get back up to the top with sound investment and they have good youth facilities so hopefully you get some good regens!

Let us know how you get on.

Yeh i will do mate, i will post it in the leeds discussion in january

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 11:28am (PST)
berglufc, how about trying to restore Deportivo's presence amongst Madrid and Barcelona as one of the best clubs in Spain. Have quite a lot of debt so it'll be long term but it could be worth it. Think I'm going to give them a go as my last save and if I don't get far at least I'll have the feel of the club to start as them on FM13.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.