Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pre-season, when there's no one to buy... - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1763139-pre-season-theres-no-one-to-buy/2.htm

Author:   RAT_Dave
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 5:06am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pre-season, when there's no one to buy...
-------------------------------------------
quote Benji
RAT_Dave I'm with you bud! Waiting for those regens! I did chip into the £96m kitty to buy a 16 year old French winger who is good enough as a sub/back up for £13m. Can't wait to see him in a few seasons!

Still...£83m left over when the window shuts isn't too shabby.
I don't quite have that much! But i've done such a good job i've handicapped myself, oldest player is 28, no need to buy without selling...why bother? I bought a 17YO winger but my game hasn't produced any world class regens yet, well, one who I bought. So weird! Benji, question, do Stuttgart produce at least 3 amazing regens every year? On my last two games they've produced world class player after world class player! Well, potentially!

Author:   Benji
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 2:18am (PST)
quote RAT_Dave
I don't quite have that much! But i've done such a good job i've handicapped myself, oldest player is 28, no need to buy without selling...why bother? I bought a 17YO winger but my game hasn't produced any world class regens yet, well, one who I bought. So weird! Benji, question, do Stuttgart produce at least 3 amazing regens every year? On my last two games they've produced world class player after world class player! Well, potentially!
Just had a look at Stuttgart's squads, they have a good U19 team. No real 'stars' but a lot of good players who could be first team in a few years with the right training and match time. Maybe some of them could turn out to be wonderkids though. They have 'state of the art' youth facilities so this will be why.

Author:   red man
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 2:42am (PST)
quote Benji
quote RAT_Dave
Just had a look at Stuttgart's squads, they have a good U19 team. No real 'stars' but a lot of good players who could be first team in a few years with the right training and match time. Maybe some of them could turn out to be wonderkids though. They have 'state of the art' youth facilities so this will be why.
In my game it's Dortmund (sp?) who produce amazing players plus Sparta Prague and Ajax.

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 6:15am (PST)
quote red man
quote Benji
quote RAT_Dave
In my game it's Dortmund (sp?) who produce amazing players plus Sparta Prague and Ajax.
In my game Stuttgart have 3/4 first teamers a season, it's mad! And Benji fair enough man, I know they were good but it's borderline crazy!

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 11:24am (PST)
RAT_Dave I have since persuaded the board at Fiorentina to make the youth facilities 'state of the art'

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 11:31am (PST)
quote Benji
RAT_Dave I have since persuaded the board at Fiorentina to make the youth facilities 'state of the art'
Ah so pimp! Haha! I sold Sinclair for 15m and De Bruyne for 6.5m and bought Oscar for 14m. Happy with that! I may ask for an upgrade tbh, I have 60m I won't spend and i'm 45m in the black

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 11:43am (PST)
RAT_Dave Nice! Oscar is a good player, I bought him in my current save for £10m then sold him two seasons later for £15m.

I want to develop my own regens, and hopefully have some more Italian players pushing for starts.
I think you should keep the dough too, whats the point in spending it needlessly. Also, you never know who may become available in the future. I'm waiting on Neymar. lol

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 11:52am (PST)
quote Benji
RAT_Dave Nice! Oscar is a good player, I bought him in my current save for £10m then sold him two seasons later for £15m.

I want to develop my own regens, and hopefully have some more Italian players pushing for starts.
I think you should keep the dough too, whats the point in spending it needlessly. Also, you never know who may become available in the future. I'm waiting on Neymar. lol
Arsenal got took over by a billionaire two seasons ago and just bought Neymar for 40 and Walker for 25. -_-

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 11:42am (PST)
quote Benji

What are our facilities like? Usually see lots of awesome regens come through in Italy but not once have I seen a decent Fiorentinian regen haha.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.