Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Youth Academy Challenge [V] - page 34

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1760875-youth-academy-challenge/34.htm

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:33pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Youth Academy Challenge [V]
-------------------------------------------
I think it isn't boredom, just the anticipation of the new game and that we've all played FM2012 to its maximum. I've gone past 2020 twice this year and played a total of 25 seasons in my 2 saves.

I could potentially get far with Bromley next year provided I get into it from the start.

Author:   James Young
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:43pm (PST)
quote Parmar1993
I think it isn't boredom, just the anticipation of the new game and that we've all played FM2012 to its maximum. I've gone past 2020 twice this year and played a total of 25 seasons in my 2 saves.

I could potentially get far with Bromley next year provided I get into it from the start.
About that, I will be needing to get a new computer soon, since I want to get something with a more Hard Drive and more RAM in it. Plus I'm thinking of potentially doing a gaming channel on Youtube (most likely won't, but you never know). Plus the new Sim City has caught my interest, and that will be coming on in February next year along with the next Bioshock game.

My gaming calendar will be filled up, that much I know. Especially if I do go ahead and make a story for FM13 and continue my other stories on the other websites I'm a member of, like FanFiction.net and DeviantART.

Money has become more important than anything I'm afraid.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:45pm (PST)
quote Parmar1993

Exactly how I feel. Started a new save on FM11 haha.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:14am (PST)
I'm in the League Cup final with Dartford, and have to play newly promoted Newcastle (who came up with me) in the final. One note, I've not lost to Newcastle in 3 games and I believe I've beaten all 3 times if I recall correctly.

It looks like I'll go 6 years running with at least 1 trophy going into the cabinet and get into Europe.

Author:   IcarusAbides
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:40am (PST)
James Young Good luck in the final.

Heading into the World Cup soon. I have signed Nesovic as scout, he was a right winger poached from us in the BSN after just 1 game.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:42am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
James Young Good luck in the final.

Heading into the World Cup soon. I have signed Nesovic as scout, he was a right winger poached from us in the BSN after just 1 game.

What's happened to Portsmouth on your save? They're currently in the BSP on mine.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:42am (PST)
his career kinda flopped there didn't it?

also, IcarusAbides James Young i think we should keep talk about YAC here so the Leaderboards thread on FM2013 forum doesn't get overloaded with us?

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:43am (PST)
Good point parmar1993

quote IcarusAbides
James Young parmar1993

Just export your team after you win the CL and then we can do a knockout tournament as soon as we have enough people from the YAC interested.
His career did flop, he was better than Toase so I wish I could have kept him.

James Young Portsmouth are league 1 on mine at the moment.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:46am (PST)
quote Parmar1993
James Young in the competition you use the team that won you the first Champions League. but you carry on the save if you want to. just gotta use that team for the Winners Tournament
that's what i meant, but you probably saw it in that thread anyway.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:46am (PST)
quote Parmar1993
James Young in the competition you use the team that won you the first Champions League. but you carry on the save if you want to. just gotta use that team for the Winners Tournament
Alright, fair enough.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:47am (PST)
do you think the Winners Tournament would work though?

i could message people that their game would be at this time and then they can come online and play it? but really not sure how it'd work.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:50am (PST)
quote Parmar1993

i could message people that their game would be at this time and then they can come online and play it? but really not sure how it'd work.
It's knockout tournaments so only the people going head 2 head need to be online at the same time. Once the game is out we will know more but I'm sure it will be pretty straightforward.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:52am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote Parmar1993

It's knockout tournaments so only the people going head 2 head need to be online at the same time. Once the game is out we will know more but I'm sure it will be pretty straightforward.
could get people to PM me their team sheets and play the game. upload highlights. so we don't have to wait weeks in between games.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:55am (PST)
quote Parmar1993
could get people to PM me their team sheets and play the game. upload highlights. so we don't have to wait weeks in between games.
I don't know about anyone else but I would rather play it as a network game with me managing my own team. I don't think it would take weeks to do tbh.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 8:59am (PST)
I reckon I can put a schedule together. 2 games a night for the first round of 32 and 16. then go 1 game a night for Quarter Final, Semi Final and then Final.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.