Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Youth Academy Challenge [V] - page 33

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1760875-youth-academy-challenge/33.htm

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 2:23pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Youth Academy Challenge [V]
-------------------------------------------
quote Parmar1993
Liverpool_96 i know it sounds odd, but it is easier to start with a BSN/S team.

it's because the lower you start, the more players you get, the better pool of players and ultimately another year to let them gel and develop to your tactics. so that's a good starting point.
Ah right, any recommendations?

Author:   IcarusAbides
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 2:41pm (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
I just went for the closest team to me.

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 2:43pm (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote Liverpool_96
that's what most people did. but I'd keep it different to any other player. next year will be fun with the YAC premier league tournament I'm planning.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 2:44pm (PST)
quote Parmar1993
quote IcarusAbides
quote Liverpool_96
that's what most people did. but I'd keep it different to any other player. next year will be fun with the YAC premier league tournament I'm planning.
Yeah, didn't work very well with Aberdeen. Think I need an English club. Or I think I'll try a small Spanish team tomorrow.

Author:   Maidenfc
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 9:41am (PST)
just come back from visitin the girlfriend at uni and deicded to press on with my championship game. decided to change tactic to provide more options. ive got me standard 451 and a more defensive formation. but im looking for a formation for a game where i know il dominate which will allow me to score more to get my goal difference up

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 9:54am (PST)
quote Maidenfc
just come back from visitin the girlfriend at uni and deicded to press on with my championship game. decided to change tactic to provide more options. ive got me standard 451 and a more defensive formation. but im looking for a formation for a game where i know il dominate which will allow me to score more to get my goal difference up
4-3-3;

GK
WB DC DC WB
AP BWM B2B
AF CF P

Wingbacks fly forward to provide width and the tactic is "fluid" with "attack".

Author:   Maidenfc
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 10:00am (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
quote Maidenfc
4-3-3;

GK
WB DC DC WB
AP BWM B2B
AF CF P

Wingbacks fly forward to provide width and the tactic is "fluid" with "attack".
thanks mate il give that a try, was trying one with 3 at the back and a lot of midfield power. beat portsmouth 3-1 away from home with it. but im gonna try yours as i hate letting goals in. id rather win 1-0 than 2-1 lol

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 2:07pm (PST)
Had a pretty poor season this year and it all involved United.

Premiership - 2nd after losing two games to United
Carling Cup - lost to United in the semis
FA Cup - lost to United in the semis
Champions League - lost 4-3 on aggregate to United in the Quarter finals.

Still got the World Cup to come with England where at least I won't have to play United.

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 2:46pm (PST)
finished 14th in the league. can't be bothered now, especially with FM2013 coming in 2 weeks (kind of) so I've made some signings and I'm just going for the league.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 2:59pm (PST)
quote Parmar1993
finished 14th in the league. can't be bothered now, especially with FM2013 coming in 2 weeks (kind of) so I've made some signings and I'm just going for the league.
Know how you feel. I think this World Cup will be my last thing on FM12. Dishonored is out on the 12th so that should hold me over for a week until FM13 beta is out.

Author:   James Young
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:16pm (PST)
I was playing my save and had beaten Blackburn 3-2 in the League Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg, before I accidentally pressed my elbow against the switch before I could save... I now have to do the game all over again... It doesn't help that I'm thinking of getting a new computer anyway, but still. I'm slightly annoyed at the moment.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:18pm (PST)
quote James Young
I was playing my save and had beaten Blackburn 3-2 in the League Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg, before I accidentally pressed my elbow against the switch before I could save... I now have to do the game all over again... It doesn't help that I'm thinking of getting a new computer anyway, but still. I'm slightly annoyed at the moment.
Ouch, that is a shame but then again it's only Blackburn so get back into it.

Author:   James Young
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:20pm (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young
Ouch, that is a shame but then again it's only Blackburn so get back into it.
Point, but after being smashed 5-0 by Man City, I've been only getting draws in the League, literally, only win I've had since the beginning of December is the FA Cup 3rd Round, which is saying something about my form. Amazingly I'm still 10th, which says a lot about everyone else in the league.

Still, I've become a little bored as of late.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:20pm (PST)
quote Parmar1993
you've made signings?

not think you could have won it with your own team?

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:30pm (PST)
Messi just got fired by Villa. haha.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.