Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Youth Academy Challenge [V] - page 32

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1760875-youth-academy-challenge/32.htm

Author:   James Young
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:19pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Youth Academy Challenge [V]
-------------------------------------------
I've done it in the league twice on this season's game, both for the challenge, once in the Blue Square South and the other in League 1 weirdly enough. My longest undefeated streak in all competitions with Dartford was 64 games long, but I will never get to that sort of brilliance ever again I feel.

In other news, just got battered 5-0 by Man City in the league, obviously they were still pissed about the League Cup defeat. It's my worst ever defeat with Dartford, literally. I'm still 10th after 16 games, though I'm only 6 points away from the relegation zone.

Has anyone been relegated in the challenge yet, Parmar1993, IcarusAbides?

Author:   IcarusAbides
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:24pm (PST)
James Young Not that I know of, I came close in league 1 but managed to finish 17th in the end.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:35pm (PST)
Alright IcarusAbides, I was just asking, since I feel that I might come close myself, as much as it pains me to admit such a thing.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:36pm (PST)
quote James Young
Alright IcarusAbides, I was just asking, since I feel that I might come close myself, as much as it pains me to admit such a thing.
Where are you in the table? and how many games do you have left to play?

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:47pm (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young
I'm currently 10th, we have 22 games left, but we're only 6 points clear of the drop zone.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:48pm (PST)
quote James Young
I'm currently 10th, we have 22 games left, but we're only 6 points clear of the drop zone.
I wouldn't worry too much then, still a lot of teams who could go down instead of you.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:49pm (PST)
quote James Young
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young
Ooh, safety first. How are your players performing? Strikers getting lots of goals or are you solid defensively but not scoring enough?

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:52pm (PST)
Liverpool_96 are you playing the challenge as well? if so, who are you managing and what league are you in?

i got 2 good prospects in my intake. one CM and one DMC who i'm training to be a CB. i'll post screens of them later on because i want to play through the game

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:57pm (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
quote James Young
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young
Ooh, safety first. How are your players performing? Strikers getting lots of goals or are you solid defensively but not scoring enough?
Had a mix of both really, at one stage we were doing really well in defense, but not scoring enough, but now that we are scoring, we're conceding a lot as well. Got one player, Simeon Naylor who has been scoring goals, 9 in 16 so far, and is only 17, so will only get better.

However, IcarusAbides, just because a lot of other teams could go down, doesn't mean that if I go into a run of bad form that I won't be lingering down in the relegation zone.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:59pm (PST)
quote James Young
However, IcarusAbides, just because a lot of other teams could go down, doesn't mean that if I go into a run of bad form that I won't be lingering down in the relegation zone.
I know but there's no reason to panic yet. It might be worth having a look at the tactics you are using and seeing if they can be improved. What are you currently playing?

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 2:05pm (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young
I know but there's no reason to panic yet. It might be worth having a look at the tactics you are using and seeing if they can be improved. What are you currently playing?
I'm currently playing the 4-4-1-1 formation, I feel confident that I will get back into the flow of things soon, though admittedly I don't do much to give myself a style of football, it must be said.

Besides, I have 6 other formations lingering around either way.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 2:10pm (PST)
James Young 6 others? wow. How are the AMC, MR and ML performing in that system? It might be worth moving the MR/L up to AMR/L or dropping the AMC for a DM if their performances aren't so good.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 2:15pm (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
James Young 6 others? wow. How are the AMC, MR and ML performing in that system? It might be worth moving the MR/L up to AMR/L or dropping the AMC for a DM if their performances aren't so good.
My AMC is doing really well, and even if one of them doesn't do well, another player seems to come up and perform. My ML and MR seem to be my best positions, I've had 1 player score 10 or more goals in those positions 3 times in the last 5 seasons, which I think is an achievement.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 2:20pm (PST)
quote Parmar1993
Liverpool_96 are you playing the challenge as well? if so, who are you managing and what league are you in?

i got 2 good prospects in my intake. one CM and one DMC who i'm training to be a CB. i'll post screens of them later on because i want to play through the game
I started as Aberdeen a while ago and it didn't materialise. Think I should give FM a bash once again though before 13. Might try Grimsby?

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 2:22pm (PST)
Liverpool_96 i know it sounds odd, but it is easier to start with a BSN/S team.

it's because the lower you start, the more players you get, the better pool of players and ultimately another year to let them gel and develop to your tactics. so that's a good starting point.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.