Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Youth Academy Challenge [V] - page 29

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1760875-youth-academy-challenge/29.htm

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 10:25am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Youth Academy Challenge [V]
-------------------------------------------
maybe he's like Robin van Persie? injured for his whole career and then starts playing well all of a sudden. then sell him when he demands more money.

Author:   IcarusAbides
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 10:28am (PST)
quote Parmar1993
maybe he's like Robin van Persie? injured for his whole career and then starts playing well all of a sudden. then sell him when he demands more money.
It is possible, he's still 23 though so there may still be hope for him yet. Somehow I reckon he will get injured, he's missed all of the CL finals so far.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 10:33am (PST)
i'm fearing that Elliott Morris, my promising striker will go the same way as Renner-Thomas. he's had 5 injuries in the last 5 months including a 2 month hip injury and broken jaw and his latest injury is a 7 week strain on his knee ligaments

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 10:34am (PST)
quote Parmar1993
i'm fearing that Elliott Morris, my promising striker will go the same way as Renner-Thomas. he's had 5 injuries in the last 5 months including a 2 month hip injury and broken jaw and his latest injury is a 7 week strain on his knee ligaments
That's a little worrying, you might be alright as long as he doesn't start getting the 4-6 month injuries.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 10:37am (PST)
it's just frustrating as i want him to take the striker mantle some time soon and he should have by now but he keeps getting niggling injuries

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 11:08am (PST)
quote Parmar1993
it's just frustrating as i want him to take the striker mantle some time soon and he should have by now but he keeps getting niggling injuries
I know what you mean, Sicknote should be first choice right winger all day long but his injuries mean that I'm constantly swapping players in and out. How old is Morris now?

Author:   James Young
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 11:18am (PST)
I'm just lurking about Parmar1993, IcarusAbides currently playing my game.

First 5 league games have gone like this,
Dartford 3-0 Norwich
Aston Villa 0-1 Dartford
Dartford 2-2 West Brom
Everton 1-0 Dartford
Dartford 0-1 Tottenham

So I'm on a bit of a winless streak, but a game at Sunderland (where I lost 3-0 last time) is a winnable game in my eyes and we will do our best to get all 3 points from the game.

We're not doing badly, we're just unlucky so far with our defeats. I think we should be fine. Currently in 9th.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 11:50am (PST)
Sorry for the double post again IcarusAbides, parmar1993.

Just beat Sunderland 3-1 at the Stadium of Light, elevating me up 4th place in the league, though admittedly there are numerous sides who have a game in hand over me, so it really makes this announcement almost pointless.

Got Man City in the 4th round of the League Cup at their ground... lost their 1-0 last season in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, so who knows, we might steal something this season.

Playing Man Utd in the league next, the team who have won the league 5 times in the last 6 seasons, including 4 titles in a row from 2011-14. Should be fun.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 11:51am (PST)
James Young The premiership is going very well for you, well done and keep it up.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 11:52am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote Parmar1993
I know what you mean, Sicknote should be first choice right winger all day long but his injuries mean that I'm constantly swapping players in and out. How old is Morris now?
he's 18 now so he has plenty of time to develop. 16 finishing and 12 composure at the moment.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 11:53am (PST)
I'm only really going for the top half, mid table positions this season IcarusAbides. I only just got my first win in 4 games, so I don't see myself having a strong finish this season if I keep on getting winless runs all season.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:00pm (PST)
parmar1993 If he still has injury problems at 23 like Sicknote then you've got a problem but at 18 he's likely just getting fatigued in games and injured as a result.

James Young First season in the premiership, anything better than relegation is great but top half is brilliant so even if you finish poorly you've done a good job.

Just beat Spurs in the Carling Cup quarter final.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:10pm (PST)
To be honest with you IcarusAbides, just getting money to keep me financially stable is enough for me at the moment, especially when it means that I can invest in the facilities once again.

Also Parmar1993, I will be doing a story where I will be doing the YAC for the next game, just not sure which team I will be doing it with yet, since Dartford are already in the BSP and I want to do it with a BSS team... like Bath, but the team closest to me, which could ironically be Bromley.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:13pm (PST)
James Young This may annoy you but that's not 'ironic' it's coincidental at best. Sorry about that.

How far off March are you?

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:15pm (PST)
James Young i forgot about that actually, it would be Bromley. So where abouts do you live? because I'm in Greenwich on the border to Bromley and Bexley.

i've just entered February so i'm not too far off the intake now. looking for a CB or CM

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.