Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Youth Academy Challenge [V] - page 27

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1760875-youth-academy-challenge/27.htm

Author:   IcarusAbides
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 8:04am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Youth Academy Challenge [V]
-------------------------------------------
quote James Young
At the moment, he would only be good enough to be the vice-captain, mostly because of influence. However, I've already decided to keep my vice-captain the same for another season, since he has been in contention for player of the year in every single division we've been in so far.
I don't mean right now, he's 16. When he hits 22 or 24 he will have been in the first team for 6 or 8 years, He should be good enough by then.

Author:   James Young
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 8:08am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young
At the moment, he would only be good enough to be the vice-captain, mostly because of influence. However, I've already decided to keep my vice-captain the same for another season, since he has been in contention for player of the year in every single division we've been in so far.
I don't mean right now, he's 16. When he hits 22 or 24 he will have been in the first team for 6 or 8 years, He should be good enough by then.
Fair enough, I'm just so used to having kids in my team that I'm almost forgetting about how long they have left in their careers still.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 8:11am (PST)
quote James Young
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young
Fair enough, I'm just so used to having kids in my team that I'm almost forgetting about how long they have left in their careers still.
I know it's ridiculous, In 10 years when he has been at your club scoring goals and winning trophies he will be 26. That's why when you go to the CL final and stuff you get asked questions like 'do you think this young squad can really win anything' when they've been in the first team for a decade and have won the CL twice before.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 8:16am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young
I know it's ridiculous, In 10 years when he has been at your club scoring goals and winning trophies he will be 26. That's why when you go to the CL final and stuff you get asked questions like 'do you think this young squad can really win anything' when they've been in the first team for a decade and have won the CL twice before.
I personally find it quite funny when I think about it. I could have won the Champions League 3-4 times in the next ten years and they would still be asking that sort of question? I'm looking forward to that.

By the way, how many years are you into the game now? Have you won many more trophies since you last mentioned your save?

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 8:21am (PST)
quote James Young
I personally find it quite funny when I think about it. I could have won the Champions League 3-4 times in the next ten years and they would still be asking that sort of question? I'm looking forward to that.

By the way, how many years are you into the game now? Have you won many more trophies since you last mentioned your save?

Yeah they still ask whether I think my young squad can win the CL.

I'm in 2025, haven't played much as I've been a bit consumed by Borderlands 2 this week. Got some time off next week so I hope to get a couple more seasons done then.

Won the Super Cup and the FIFA Club World thingy.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 8:26am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young

Yeah they still ask whether I think my young squad can win the CL.

I'm in 2025, haven't played much as I've been a bit consumed by Borderlands 2 this week. Got some time off next week so I hope to get a couple more seasons done then.

Won the Super Cup and the FIFA Club World thingy.
Ah, my friends have been playing Borderlands 2, and I'm thinking of getting it as well (the advantages of not spending money speaking), so I might give that a tryout soon. There are so many games that I might buy with FM13, like Dishonored (why does the American language miss out an "u"?) and AC3.

Feeling spoiled for choice.

Edit: Just beat Aston Villa at Villa Park without getting a shot on target.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 8:29am (PST)
quote James Young
Ah, my friends have been playing Borderlands 2, and I'm thinking of getting it as well (the advantages of not spending money speaking), so I might give that a tryout soon. There are so many games that I might buy with FM13, like Dishonored (why does the American language miss out an "u"?) and AC3.

I know what you mean. Borderlands is quality but I'm more excited about playing Dishonored (and the U thing is annoying). Not sure about AC3, I've played them all so far but I think I'm getting a bit bored of the franchise.

How did you beat Villa? og.?

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 8:35am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young

I know what you mean. Borderlands is quality but I'm more excited about playing Dishonored (and the U thing is annoying). Not sure about AC3, I've played them all so far but I think I'm getting a bit bored of the franchise.

How did you beat Villa? og.?
I can see where you are coming from with AC3, I'm still going to get the game, but I'm wondering whether or not it's going to entertain me or not. Dishonored had me excited when I first saw it's trailer and I have been looking forward to it as soon as I knew when it was coming out.

Yeah, it was an og. and they had a red card to boot.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 8:38am (PST)
quote James Young
I can see where you are coming from with AC3, I'm still going to get the game, but I'm wondering whether or not it's going to entertain me or not. Dishonored had me excited when I first saw it's trailer and I have been looking forward to it as soon as I knew when it was coming out.

Yeah, it was an og. and they had a red card to boot.

Think I'm gonna rent AC3 instead of buying it this year. Definitely buying Dishonored, the guys on a podcast I listen to rate it really highly from what they've played of it so far at events and stuff.

Just beat Newcastle 3-0 with 35 year old Ben Amos in goal and Sicknote managed to score and not break his leg.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 8:47am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
Think I'm gonna rent AC3 instead of buying it this year. Definitely buying Dishonored, the guys on a podcast I listen to rate it really highly from what they've played of it so far at events and stuff.

Just beat Newcastle 3-0 with 35 year old Ben Amos in goal and Sicknote managed to score and not break his leg.
Nice result, I'll be going in half an hour to see a Michael McIntyre show at the O2 soon, so will probably only play a few more games today before leaving.

I'm also making my first money filled sale, allowing one of my 4 goalkeepers to leave for £550K, he's not going to get much game-time because of how good is and how well my main goalkeeper has been playing. He's easily replaceable so it's not a massive loss.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 8:52am (PST)
quote James Young
Nice result, I'll be going in half an hour to see a Michael McIntyre show at the O2 soon, so will probably only play a few more games today before leaving.

I'm also making my first money filled sale, allowing one of my 4 goalkeepers to leave for £550K, he's not going to get much game-time because of how good is and how well my main goalkeeper has been playing. He's easily replaceable so it's not a massive loss.

Enjoy the O2. Good sense moving on a keeper you don't need, I take it your finances are solid now you're in the premiership?

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 9:03am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young

Enjoy the O2. Good sense moving on a keeper you don't need, I take it your finances are solid now you're in the premiership?
I'm still £5.98M in the red, but it was £10.86M in the red at one point, so we should be out of the red soon.

Almost lost in the League Cup 2nd round tie to League 1 Doncaster, so I am not happy with the side I put out (pretty a completely different side that beat Aston Villa, none of the starting 11 were the same.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 9:07am (PST)
quote James Young
I'm still £5.98M in the red, but it was £10.86M in the red at one point, so we should be out of the red soon.

Almost lost in the League Cup 2nd round tie to League 1 Doncaster, so I am not happy with the side I put out (pretty a completely different side that beat Aston Villa, none of the starting 11 were the same.

Finished 2nd in the WCQ group after losing to Spain twice, 4-3 and 2-1. Will have to qualify through the playoffs.

At least you made it through against Doncaster.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 9:11am (PST)
Change of plans IcarusAbides, my keeper isn't leaving, he's just rejected a move to Newcastle because he's wanting more money for his wages and bonuses. Greedy bastard.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 9:13am (PST)
quote James Young
Change of plans IcarusAbides, my keeper isn't leaving, he's just rejected a move to Newcastle because he's wanting more money for his wages and bonuses. Greedy bastard.
I hate it when players do that, really annoying when you're trying to get rid of them.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.