Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Youth Academy Challenge [V] - page 25

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1760875-youth-academy-challenge/25.htm

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 8:20am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Youth Academy Challenge [V]
-------------------------------------------
James Young if you wrote a YAC story next year I can see so many people trying it out if they haven't. who knows we could get up to 10 threads next year

Author:   IcarusAbides
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 8:23am (PST)
parmar1993

quote IcarusAbides

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 8:31am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
I'm on my phone, haven't been on my laptop for about 3 days. so I have no idea about what that's about

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 8:33am (PST)
quote parmar1993
quote IcarusAbides
I'm on my phone, haven't been on my laptop for about 3 days. so I have no idea about what that's about
Last night you mentioned that you didn't know how many people had attempted the challenge so while I was watching star trek working on call last night I went through and counted everyone who started the challenge and it's 60.

60 people attempted the YAC in 4 months over 5 threads.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 8:36am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote parmar1993
quote IcarusAbides
Last night you mentioned that you didn't know how many people had attempted the challenge so while I was watching star trek working on call last night I went through and counted everyone who started the challenge and it's 60.

60 people attempted the YAC in 4 months over 5 threads.
60? really? wow...

so 2 people out of 60 have completed the challenge? I had no idea so many have attempted it. you sure you counted it right?

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 8:38am (PST)
quote parmar1993
60? really? wow...

so 2 people out of 60 have completed the challenge? I had no idea so many have attempted it. you sure you counted it right?
I counted everyone who said, 'I'm starting this now' and made more than one post about it.

But feel free to count for yourself.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 8:42am (PST)
IcarusAbides, I'll take your word for it mate. I was going to retweet the challenge back to Miles Jacobson and SI Games to see if they'd promote it on the forum. but I decided against it. do you think they check forums like this anyway?

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 8:44am (PST)
quote parmar1993
IcarusAbides, I'll take your word for it mate. I was going to retweet the challenge back to Miles Jacobson and SI Games to see if they'd promote it on the forum. but I decided against it. do you think they check forums like this anyway?
I doubt they check them but Miles and the FootballManager twitter account have retweeted a tweet about the FM13 forum when I asked them too.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 8:51am (PST)
interesting. doubt that'd get new members cause they probably wouldn't want to sign up to the site. the PES ones are always open which means a lot of guest accounts are there but I can't see that bringing any more people to the challenge.

we need site wide promotions more than anything. although I think a lot of members would be aware of this and tried it out but just not have posted on the thread.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 8:57am (PST)
quote parmar1993
interesting. doubt that'd get new members cause they probably wouldn't want to sign up to the site. the PES ones are always open which means a lot of guest accounts are there but I can't see that bringing any more people to the challenge.

we need site wide promotions more than anything. although I think a lot of members would be aware of this and tried it out but just not have posted on the thread.
I'm not sure it gets new members either but that's not why I'm doing it.

Author:   James Young
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:34am (PST)
IcarusAbides, parmar1993

I am a god.

I've done it.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:35am (PST)
quote James Young
IcarusAbides, parmar1993

I am a god.

I've done it.

And so very modest.

Congrats though, very well done there.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:38am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young
IcarusAbides, parmar1993

I am a god.

I've done it.

And so very modest.

Congrats though, very well done there.
I couldn't resist saying it, I've done what no other person has done in the challenge so far with 5 promotions in a row, plus I'm 15 points clear at the top with 6 games to go (7 for Sunderland), so I'm practically on the verge of immortality.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:40am (PST)
quote James Young
I couldn't resist saying it, I've done what no other person has done in the challenge so far with 5 promotions in a row, plus I'm 15 points clear at the top with 6 games to go (7 for Sunderland), so I'm practically on the verge of immortality.
Actually you're not the first to get promoted 5 times, you are the first to win all 5 though.

quote CupidStunt
quote IcarusAbides
The Championship is the only division I didn't win as I finished 2nd, It still annoys me a bit. Would be quality to see someone make it through every division at the first time of asking.
Whilst I'm not currently playing FM due to all other games recently out, I do read through occasionally so just thought i'd pop up and say, I did do that
Admittedly, I didn't win every league, but did get promoted every season, and won the Prem after just 6 years in total (Yeah, incidentally I am an arse)

Look forward to doing this on FM13, and will be great to put our teams up against each other when we're successful.
I anticipate they'll be a lot more trying this next year, maybe not all sticking with it but, they'll be plenty of interest

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:43am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote James Young
Actually you're not the first to get promoted 5 times, you are the first to win all 5 though.

quote CupidStunt
quote IcarusAbides
The Championship is the only division I didn't win as I finished 2nd, It still annoys me a bit. Would be quality to see someone make it through every division at the first time of asking.
Whilst I'm not currently playing FM due to all other games recently out, I do read through occasionally so just thought i'd pop up and say, I did do that
Admittedly, I didn't win every league, but did get promoted every season, and won the Prem after just 6 years in total (Yeah, incidentally I am an arse)

Look forward to doing this on FM13, and will be great to put our teams up against each other when we're successful.
I anticipate they'll be a lot more trying this next year, maybe not all sticking with it but, they'll be plenty of interest

I knew that I was forgetting something... I even read the post as well. Oh well, I'm not complaining, I won't win the Premier League in my 6th season though, that would be beyond amazing at that point.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.