Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Youth Academy Challenge [V] - page 20

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1760875-youth-academy-challenge/20.htm

Author:   IcarusAbides
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 4:38pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Youth Academy Challenge [V]
-------------------------------------------
quote James Young
Now that I think about it, when I brought in young players who had the potential to be stars in the past, all I really did was give them games and they normally became superstars anyway (my story with Birmingham where I had Juan Ignacio Pringles is just one of then examples). So as long as the players get their game time and are developed right, they should be great players normally, right?
Pretty much, wonderkids are wonderkids. They will turn out great whatever happens. I just like to focus the development of certain attributes to try and get the best out of them.

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 12:11am (PST)
I got two wonderkids in the team, Morty Moss and Tony Dudley. also John Nardiello is the first Bromley player to earn an England call up. he hasn't played yet but Lirio Carlos chose Mozambique over England. even though he was born in Bromley...

Author:   The_real_Alec
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 2:22am (PST)
Icarus,

Much obliged with the help to upload. I was trying to use the code from Steam... endlessly.

So here are my three players with the highest potential. None have been called into England yet but I give them another year before they make an impact.

My career with York has been swift but rocky. I spent 2 seasons in League 1 and 2 seasons in the Championship. I am currently playing at Elland Road while they refurnish The York Community Stadium to (gasp) 11,000 seats. So we've got some good gate returns since we reached the Premier Division due to the friendliness of Leeds United. This first season in the Premier League, sitting pretty at 13 at the start of 2018 has been really humbling as I got my ass handed to me several times. Hopefully I stay up and can get midtable!

Here are the best of the regens so far.

A ball winning support midfielder. I've trained his physicals and ball control a lot and it paid off.

The captain since age 18. Dominated League 1 and League 2. I got lucky that he asked for a new contract after the promotion to the Championship.

Fun challenge so far

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 3:57am (PST)
The_real_Alec You're welcome. Chambers looks absolute class, he's got brilliant physical stats.

Author:   James Young
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 4:09am (PST)
Done the league and cup double again... will show the screenshots of both after the playoffs final, which is still next month in my game.

Happy to say that I am finally in the Championship, just 1 more promotion now and I will be happy.

Author:   GreKie
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 5:08am (PST)
Finished 19th in my second season in the Championship, just can't seem to improve anymore

My starting 11 should be winning the league, but after my first 11 players i've got no depth and that's what ends up killing me. Just going to have to stick with it and hopefully hit a good patch of form and go up in my third season

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 5:58am (PST)
Meh, this isn't what I'm too pleased about.

Going to Millwall is something that pleased me though (when I was Droylsden getting them to the Premier League I had to share Bury's ground Gigg Lane), more money for me.

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 6:12am (PST)
James Young how big will your stadium be when its complete.

GreKie Just keep at it, I know someone on this challenge, maybe sigge or ignition spent about 5 years in the championship. You will get out of it, just don't get too frustrated about it.

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 6:15am (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
James Young how big will your stadium be when its complete.

GreKie Just keep at it, I know someone on this challenge, maybe sigge or ignition spent about 5 years in the championship. You will get out of it, just don't get too frustrated about it.
6000 all-seater, so not really much of an improvement when I take into consideration that it's already 6000 seats in size. Nearly finished the playoffs, so will show my domination of League 1 soon.

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 6:56am (PST)
Double post, sorry about that.

Amazingly enough, this was my best ever year defensively, yes we didn't lose a game, but that was mainly due to our extremely solid back 5 (goalkeeper included here). Still, even I was amazed by how well we did and how much we dominated this league.

Honestly, I feel that this will be our last cup success for a few years at least, with all of the talks about contracts, I feel that there will be a few things to worry about, especially regarding my best winger.

Still, I don't have a reason to complain, it just helped me build up my legacy at Dartford for when we do get to the Premier League, though admittedly I think we might only be mid-table next season.

About my legacy... I'm now a legend at Dartford, even though we're only in the Championship.

This message was edited on 2012-09-26T08:51:25-07:00.

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 8:51am (PST)
Triple post, sorry again.

Even I am thinking that getting promoted from the Championship in my first season is just impossible at the moment.

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 8:54am (PST)
don't worry about double, triple, or even quadruple posting. it keeps this place active!

also, I think the Championship is a much tougher league than League 1 and the step up is quite big. almost as big as the EPL jump.

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 9:00am (PST)
quote parmar1993
don't worry about double, triple, or even quadruple posting. it keeps this place active!

also, I think the Championship is a much tougher league than League 1 and the step up is quite big. almost as big as the EPL jump.
Meh, to be honest I think that I might get a top half finish, especially when I take into consideration that I've not failed to get to 100 points with Dartford so far (as amazing as it is). But with my back 5 (goalkeeper included) being good and leading championship players at the moment, I can't see people scoring goals against me for fun.

While I have two good strikers, I only really use 1 in the 4-4-1-1 formation, I did at times look unlikely to score. No-one in my side got into double figures in the league for me last season, the highest anyone got was 8 goals, and yet we still won the league, simply because of how many of my players actually scored and how good we were at defending.

Author:   GreKie
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 9:39am (PST)
quote James Young
quote parmar1993

Meh, to be honest I think that I might get a top half finish, especially when I take into consideration that I've not failed to get to 100 points with Dartford so far (as amazing as it is). But with my back 5 (goalkeeper included) being good and leading championship players at the moment, I can't see people scoring goals against me for fun.

While I have two good strikers, I only really use 1 in the 4-4-1-1 formation, I did at times look unlikely to score. No-one in my side got into double figures in the league for me last season, the highest anyone got was 8 goals, and yet we still won the league, simply because of how many of my players actually scored and how good we were at defending.

That's what i thought.... and they did score goals for fun against me. Just tighten it up at the back and hopefully have some good attacking players and you'll get there eventually

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 9:53am (PST)
I'm honestly not too sure who I should be playing as my Attacking Midfielder for my 4-4-1-1 formation, could you guys help me out?

Been at the club since the start, perhaps the main reason I even have an attacking midfielder in the first place. However, he's only predicted to be good enough to be a good championship player, and has been getting a lot of long-term injuries, much to my annoyance. However, the assistant thinks he's the best attacking midfielder at the club.

Kevin arrived just as I was getting promoted from League 2 and was a regular in my League 1 campaign, due to Mayo getting injured constantly. He's predicted to be good enough to be a good Premier League player in the future.

Murray has only just arrived, but has given me more than a few reasons to be confused as to who I should be selecting for my attacking midfielder role. Like Kevin, he's good enough to be a good Premier League player in the future, but he's also good enough to make my assistant to think he's better than Kevin Pigden. So really, I feel like I should have a good reason to be confused about the entire situation.

Who should I be picking for the attacking midfielder role in the championship?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.