Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: [QUIZ] The Impossibly Hard Football Manager Elimination Quiz - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1759546-quiz-impossibly-hard-football-manager-elimination-quiz/6.htm

Author:   Modiga
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 3:19pm (PST)
Subject:   re: [QUIZ] The Impossibly Hard Football Manager Elimination Quiz
-------------------------------------------
Round 2!

Here is the next round, might be easier than the previous but hard to tell:

------------------------------------------

(For this round the order does not matter)

(For this round the order does not matter)

Obviously with some of the questions you're going to have to get some educated guesses going, but use all the clues available to you to get the right answer.
  • Remember you can revoke your joker to get extra clues on that specific category
  • No using google or FM to work out the answers, obviously I can't tell you to not play FM, just don't use the game specifically to find answers
PM me your answers, the deadline shall be Friday 20:00 GMT

Skadoosh, IcarusAbides, liverpooljohn88, CupidStunt, parmar1993, afcbJamie, roger23, Maski, ho1mesy2011, YidArmy617, simeon88, LegendOfNufc, lloyd, Crowy, harbin91, blueboy123, justplayingitcool, jmg_95, shandy, Drachbo, Andy4EFC, 11kgm

You know what to do! Good luck!

Author:   harbin
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 5:03pm (PST)
Sent mine in

Became easier when I figured out the link and ended up revising my answers, but for some reason could not get what the guy called Leslie is, so I put down the comedian Les Dawson for some completely bizarre reason.

Couldn't quite put the names on some of the faces although I recognised that hairstyle. Glad I played Missing Link as my joker though... unless I'm wrong about that and have *bleep*ed up this entire round.

EDIT: Actually looking at the 'Dutch team' again, I'm now sure I've got (atleast) one of them wrong. As for Leslie, I've now only just found out who he really is.... *bleep*ing Les Dawson

EDIT: Looking at the face collage again and I'm sure I've got my missing link wrong and thus one or two others.

Author:   CupidStunt
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 5:27pm (PST)
Struggled with a fair few of these.
Terrible idea to use my joker on Name The Player..absolutely useless and joker being revoked.
The missing link, i thought could be one of two things (maybe even both on second thoughts), which made me change or re-think some of my answers.
As for Leslie, good pub-quiz knowledge that I never thought i'd use again

Author:   11kgm
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 7:06pm (PST)
I think i got the link then everything else just fall into place quite nicely

Author:   Justplayingitcool
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 1:48am (PST)
Sent mine in. Struggled on name the player..... Although, I am fairly confident on the last question. I know who the Leslie one is!

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 4:27am (PST)
sent mine in, got the Leslie one cause i remembered a pub quiz i did with my cousins once.

guessed a few, got most cause i've had either signed them or played against them too many times and now they're easily identifiable. couldn't get missing link though

Author:   IcarusAbides
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 7:52am (PST)
quote parmar1993
sent mine in, got the Leslie one cause i remembered a pub quiz i did with my cousins once.
I just finished his autobiography otherwise I'd never have got it.

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 2:41am (PST)
Still needing answers from Maski, liverpooljohn88, LegendOfNufc, ho1mesy2011, Skadoosh, YidArmy617, simeon88 and Andy4EFC

Author:   Andy4EFC
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 6:25am (PST)
Will try and get mine in asap, just a bit short for time today.

Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 5:10am (PST)
Deadline is tonight! LegendOfNufc, ho1mesy2011, YidArmy617, simeon88, Andy4EFC

Author:   ho1mesy2011
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 10:24am (PST)
Just got back from Holiday will have the Answers before 8

Author:   Ma_sk_i
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 11:20am (PST)
After answering the name the player round I decided I already knew the missing link and so I've made sure all the rest of my answers fit in with it, so basically if I've got the players faces wrong then I'm screwed.

Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 12:37pm (PST)
Round 2 Answers!

A much higher scoring week for you guys with a few of you breaking the 20 point mark. (Don't worry the next round gets difficult again)

An obvious round in what you had to do. What helped majorly with this week's set of question is that if you got the missing link or something close enough to the link then it narrowed down the possible answers. Most of you could tell it was Fabregas on the right. Now for the spikey hair there was asplit for two answers; David Villa or Cristiano Ronaldo. It was the latter. The left side created a few more difficulties but for some of you there was enough to show you that it was Robinho. The hardest part was picking a long haired player for the last part. Only thee people managed to work out it was Ibrahimovic and of those three, shandy and Skadoosh managed to get them all right with Skadoosh gaining ten points this round for using his joker.

I enjoyed this round. All but one got the first one as Rafa Benitez; a Spanish speaking man who likes Liverpool, easy right. Then there's Leslie; Leslie, Leslie, Leslie. To be honest, most of you knew who the answer was through your own knowledge. But take away the Leslie and there are still a few clues such as Craig Bellamy and having been a well capped player to know that it is Mark Hughes who has the mystery first name. The last one was just general knowledge on knowing where a manager had been with Real Madrid probably being the biggest clue. A lot of you got full marks and too many to bother listing you out. Well done.

A round with most people getting two or three answers correct. The main striker seemed to be choosing between Huntelaar and van Persie. The squad number most likely the best clue here (along with the Missing Link). The Link was not so useful for the other answers with the AMC potentially between van der Vaart or Sneijder. The main clue here, once again, was the squad number. Most of you got the winger to be Robben (with a couple of Afellays here and there). Pretty easy round which I'm disappointed with myself for not making harder. Once again a lot of you got full marks so no point sending the bragging rights out.

The pattern here seemed to be two easy answers, an average answer and a very difficult answer. It seemed to be the round for regretting placing the joker with a few revokes being used. I was surprised to see most of you get Michael Owen; guess that's either from knowing his international knowledge or picking the few English players who have basic spanish. The history of Jose Antonio Reyes seemed to also be an easy one for most of you. A lot of you realised the fourth one was a Malaga player but it was a split between Baptista and Cazorla. Surprised to see people go for the latter as he's not near 29 yet. The third one most definitely the hardest question this week (with the Missing Link potentially throwing you off as well). The stats seem to give a Spanish midfielder type player which is exactly what Mikel Arteta is. Two members got all correct; CupidStunt got them with the help of a revoked Joker while 11kgm got them all through his own knowledge.

A lot of you gave answers close to what it was (and I accepted people who said they had played for either team; Arteta never played for Barcelona but was at the club as a kid) and six of you managed to give me the missing link. Well done to you guys.

Here are the scores from this round:
Skadoosh		26
shandy 24
harbin91 22
liverpooljohn88 20
CupidStunt 18
Maski 15
ho1mesy2011 13
parmar1993 11
LegendOfNufc 11
blueboy123 11
11kgm 11
Crowy 10
jmg_95 9
roger23 8
justplayingitcool 8
Drachbo 8
afcbJamie 7
IcarusAbides 7
YidArmy617 6
lloyd 5
simeon88 0
Andy4EFC 0

Here are the standings so far:
Skadoosh		39
liverpooljohn88 30
CupidStunt 28
harbin91 28
shandy 28
Maski 23
ho1mesy2011 21
parmar1993 20
IcarusAbides 19
LegendOfNufc 18
Crowy 17
blueboy123 17
afcbJamie 16
roger23 16
11kgm 15
jmg_95 14
YidArmy617 13
justplayingitcool 13
-----ELIMINATION ZONE------
lloyd 12
Drachbo 12
simeon88 7
Andy4EFC 4

As I said before, three people will be eliminated after the next round with playoff questions provided if necessary. I also want to make it know that if either of the two who failed to answer Round 2, fail to take part in Round 3 then they shall eliminated automatically without counting as one of the three eliminated. Also once again, if you think your score is wrong, just ask in here or pm about it and I will go over/double check.

Now it's time to place your Round 3 Joker, with the third round coming up on Sunday.

The categories are:
  • Name the player (5 points)
  • Collage of faces (5 points)
  • Name the manager (4 points)
  • Title winners (5 points)
  • Missing link (5 points)
To clarify again, the missing link will be something that links all the answers together and by placing the joker on the missing link you could get yourself a bonus ten points. (I shall also add that you cannot revoke your joker for the missing link)

Author:   IcarusAbides
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 12:40pm (PST)
7!!! Shockingly bad to say it was an easier round. Got the missing link wrong, pretty obvious now I think about it.

Round three joker - Name the player.

Author:   ho1mesy2011
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 12:42pm (PST)
think im going to go with Collage of faces for the joker

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.